It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I don't get about Jesus

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Outstanding posts Sigismundus! For anyone to have read word for word what you have written, and yet still remain in the darkness on this subject is just alarming.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thanks PPLRNUTS---!

I do what I can on these threads, but it sometimes feels like I'm banging my head against a brick wall...new information for a lot of people is scary stuff.

The point of most of my tirades (at times) is not to make people angry but to get people interested enough to say, let me look into this subject a little further (as I have done) and (Shock and Awe !) often the things we were raised to believe in as children suddenly are revealed NOT to be what they were originally advertised to be, shall we say !

'The Bible: the Greatest Story Ever Sold..' is just one aspect of what I am talking about. People are loathsomely ignorant about the facts and bases of their own purported belief systems at times, it is laughable (if it weren't so darned sad !)

And this very saddening 'disconnectedness from the facts of the matter' cuts across topics not only of Religion but extends into the physical Sciences and into Politics and History and even into Archaeology also--just to name a few areas where people have a vested interest at keeping the status quo, well...status-----which is why ATS is such a great forum to get some of these true but rarely known ideas out into the cold light of day and get people off their duffs to do some serious thinking (and 'soul searching' !!) about the world in which they are living (many of the reasons why so much of this kind of material is rarely if ever seriously discussed among lay persons are reflected in my Personal Quotation below).

What a great learning tool these ATS discussions can be if people would only approach them for what they potentially are -- especially with a view towards the spiritual and mental growth of humanity in the busy-dizzy "Information Age" !!

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join