It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I don't get about Jesus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

First off, you have no idea what i have been thru. Second off, I'll whine and complain, and point a finger because believe it or not, I at least still HAVE that right. There is no third off, so please just jump off. A cliff. Onto broken glass.

No, wait, there is a third. It's people like you that make up the other 50%, who think it's well within your right to slam people like me HAVE been thru hell, walk off and smirk. So take your self righteous jack ass braying, and go have a fart in a high wind.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Let's not forget that he rose from the dead to feast on the flesh of the living

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Let's not forget that he rose from the dead to feast on the flesh of the living

Braaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss...............BRAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!

(Zombies require no second line.)

(Or third.)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ah- but are the brains Kosher?

Second line, because that one line will get me burned at the stake if no one has a sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Brains are kosher, but not generally of humans.

Anyways...he did other stuff that wasn't so lawful. Remember the works on the Sabbath? I believe he got in big trouble over that one.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Yes, Jesus did say that we were all sons and daughters of God, but Jesus is specifically noted not only by himself, but by others as the singular Son of God. It's a very specific difference.

Even Satan refers to Jesus as "the Son of God", not "a" son of God. Matthew 4:3 as an example.

So...

Stop. Look at what you wrote. You are saying that something is true about a person because somebody else says so. That is hearsay! You even support your belief by saying that SATAN calls Jesus ''the Son of God'' so it must be true. Apparently you are willing to believe SATAN more than anything.

Amazing. Truly amazing that you run these circles in your mind and don't notice. You have a serious mental illness. But actually I believe you are being a little too emotional with hatred.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

You say another member has a serious mental illness, and yet, and yet, you have some delusion of granduer that we would want to view your annoying as hell blinking eye?

I think you best sit back and do some long drawn out thinking.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire

Yes, Jesus did say that we were all sons and daughters of God, but Jesus is specifically noted not only by himself, but by others as the singular Son of God. It's a very specific difference.

Even Satan refers to Jesus as "the Son of God", not "a" son of God. Matthew 4:3 as an example.

So...

Stop. Look at what you wrote. You are saying that something is true about a person because somebody else says so. That is hearsay! You even support your belief by saying that SATAN calls Jesus ''the Son of God'' so it must be true. Apparently you are willing to believe SATAN more than anything.

Amazing. Truly amazing that you run these circles in your mind and don't notice. You have a serious mental illness. But actually I believe you are being a little too emotional with hatred.

Slow down...

In my previous posts, I said that you either believe what the Bible says is true or you don't, so from there I was quoting what the Bible says. Nothing more. It was a reference to the material at hand.

Where do you get any hate? Where do you get any mental illness? Where do you get any emotion?

Again, I'm quoting the Bible. It's not like Satan whispered this information to me. It's not like I'm channeling an alien. I'm just using the Bible as a tool to correct some points that people had made earlier.

I believe you've made an uncalled for attack.

Are you sure you meant to quote me?

Please review what I said again. I never even said any of it actually happened.

You're losing it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

LOL! My blinking eye is going to drive you to drink!!

Then you will end up in an alcohol rahab unit getting Christian counseling. You won't be able to get away from it. They'll come looking for you to save you.

The universe is a mysterious place.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

You say I'm ''losing it''???

No, sirrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm WINNING it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Whew...I'm glad to know you're winning it.

I've never had a reason to Google "thread troll" before responding to your message, but now I have.

Thanks troll.

Did you have anything meaningful to say?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by Bombeni

LOL! My blinking eye is going to drive you to drink!!

Then you will end up in an alcohol rahab unit getting Christian counseling. You won't be able to get away from it. They'll come looking for you to save you.

The universe is a mysterious place.

No it's not, cause guess what there's this little button called ignore.

I feel sorry for you -- you are a lost soul and the ones that don't know it are the worst off of all.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Groupies

I'm not sure R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean (Gk. 'Iesous') ever called himself the SON OF GOD---

We kind of know from the canonical 4 gospels (whoever wrote those books in Greek) that people from time to time seemed to have thrown that title around alot in those days, even at the socalled Trial Scene of the Passion Narratives (it was after all the title for the then-Emperor Tiberius, Filius Deorum, The SON OF THE GODS), but he DID seem to refer at times to himself as BAR ENASHA (the Son of Man) from an Aramaic section of the Scroll of the Book of the Prophet Daniel 7:13-19 (which the Jews eventually filed under Writings-Wisdom Literature Section of their Bible, for some reason...hmmm), who was supposed to appear at the Last Days and judge the goyim (non jews) and was supposed to be 'granted a Kingdom that will last forever' and that 'all men would bow down before him...'

However, it is clear from just a casual reading of the Dead Sea Scroll material (written/copied by hand between 260BCE and AD68 when they were sealed up in their time-capsule caves) that the Judaean Messianic hopefuls were clearly looking for a warrior messiah (read the so-called War SCROLL, 1 QM) who would overthrow the Kittim (i.e. Romans) and institute the Kingdom of Heaven on earth for the 'poor ones' (Heb. Ebionim) sometimes translated 'meek' (cf: 'for it is written: The Meek shall inherit the land [of Israel...[) where they would live for 1000 generations, which I suppose to a 1st century post exilic Israelite would be like living forever ('eternal life...')

Anyway, be careful with your titles. SON OF MAN (bar-Enasha) is not QUITE the same thing as SON OF GOD...it carries different pre-conceptions and connotations in the ancient world of war-torn occupied Judaea..and led ultimately to the Failed Jewish War Against Rome, and well, look how that turned out...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

well people trust jesus a whole lot more then there very own gods. As i recall many gods of ancient times never offered salvation no matter who you were. It was more of respect, Honor and obey us or we strike you down. Plus many didn't believe in a happy place when you go bye bye. Only a place called Hades,underworld or netherworld in which they be punish if they were bad. Good people they would just rest in peace for all time.
So when jesus said hey look at me i'm the son of the one true god and if you believe in me as well as being good and nice to one another you'll go to a place called heaven instead of Hades/netherworld/underworld.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cormag
reply to post by LiquidLight

well people trust jesus a whole lot more then there very own gods. As i recall many gods of ancient times never offered salvation no matter who you were. It was more of respect, Honor and obey us or we strike you down. Plus many didn't believe in a happy place when you go bye bye. Only a place called Hades,underworld or netherworld in which they be punish if they were bad. Good people they would just rest in peace for all time.
So when jesus said hey look at me i'm the son of the one true god and if you believe in me as well as being good and nice to one another you'll go to a place called heaven instead of Hades/netherworld/underworld.

yup.. and 10% of your wages will guarantee you entry

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
God will meet you on any ground you prefer- He says in the Book 'Prove me!'
and He does not lie

Why doesnt anyone study the Bible- there is plenty of proof that He was and is the son of God and His love for His creation caused Him to die for the whole world to rectify the sin/ death problem we all live under
Proof-its called historically fullfilled prophecy but most people want to tickle their ears as the Book says lol
Salvation does not come on a silver spoon like the spoon fed think but it is free for those who sincerely seek- He did say- 'You must be born again'
of course the enemy of their souls does not want them to seek
so there you are- the most important issue for any human being
nb it’s too late for the fallen aliens

so good luck
been trying to put a Chuck Missler youtube on on the Book of Genesis which is a good start but url corrupted but you can do a search- best Bible teacher around imo
y

Originally posted by LiquidLight

Originally posted by Jim Scott
1. He fulfilled the prophecies in the Old Testament regarding the Messiah.
2. He raised from the dead.
3. His followers who knew Him said He was, and died to prove it.
4. 500 others were also resurrected from the dead on the same day as His resurrection.
5. He said He was.

But what makes you certain it wasn't all a sham?

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Yacov]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hey 'reasonable'
its prob a waste of bandwidth but I think your assumptions are unreasonable . Joshua was ordered to destroy all the canaanites because they had had 400 years to get their act together but instead they went even more wicked and cohabited with fallen angels [ aliens] and created bad seed - the very condition that God had to drown in the Noaic flood because he needed a pure seed line [ the Jews] that the son of man could come through
God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked
And re the ten percent tithe gripe-it was layed on the Jews so the priests and temple would have valid support - and not intended for a poor bunch of dumb goyem sheeple 2000 years later who believe the latest blood sucking tele evangelist's lies
-which is not to say He would not honour any of our giving but we are to discern to whom it goes
Christ said- the greatest among you will be the servant of all and He didnt mean some motor mouth who excells in divine bs
He also said- 'my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge' [ of the Bible]
yrs
y

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Whew...I'm glad to know you're winning it.

I've never had a reason to Google "thread troll" before responding to your message, but now I have.

Thanks troll.

Did you have anything meaningful to say?

Hey dude, stop whining. Your whole argument is stupid. The story says that the devil played clever word games with Jesus, and in return Jesus played ever more clever word games, and the story is being repeated for you to interpret. All through History until now the story is hashed out over and over again for you to interpret. You are interpreting the Devil's question as the truth. Can you get this?

Example: You ask, ''Does not your computer monitor maketh you a cheeseburger?'' I respond, ''No. It displays information.''
Then you go prancing off babbling about how history shows my computer monitor makes me a cheeseburger on the grill. You swear it's true because you asked it. Do you not see this?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

Who,if not Jesus,would you say this is referring to?

Isa 47:3 Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yes, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thats why its called faith. They have no proof or evidence, they just trust it and hope its not a made up story.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join