It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I don't get about Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Interesting question.

What proof would be acceptable? In the days of Jesus or today, no one would believe the proof anyway.

It's called faith.

faith is just another word for brainwashed, blindly believing anything without some sort of proof is pretty stupid imo

[edit on 23-11-2009 by King Loki]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Takes one to know one.

That cracks me up. Having faith is not being brain washed. Faith takes a personal judgment call, being brain washed is when that judgment call is forced upon you, or made for you.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Takes one to know one.

That cracks me up. Having faith is not being brain washed. Faith takes a personal judgment call, being brain washed is when that judgment call is forced upon you, or made for you.

its called being brain washed because all your doing is believing some one else's version of events, you weren't there you have no idea what is true about the story and what isn't true about the story, you just believe it because it is written and other people believe it ... thats called brainwashing plain and simple .. there is 0 proof of any of it,

and those two ways (being made for you and forced are only a few ways) there is also being tricked into believing something is real, and believing things just because other people regardless of mountains evidence to the contrary, its either brainwashing or complete stupidity ... not faith, faith is just a made up word to account for this type of brain washing on a mass scale

being truly open minded means you have no qualms changing your point of view when new evidence arrives ... being brainwashed or having "faith" means you hold on to old ideas for grim death no matter what the actual evidence says ... also known more commonly as complete stupidity

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

its called being brain washed because all your doing is believing some one else's version of events, you weren't there you have no idea what is true about the story and what isn't true about the story, you just believe it because it is written and other people believe it ... thats called brainwashing plain and simple

Let me ask you this, were we there for the "big bang"? brainwashed? hmmm

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm not so sure Jesus claimed he was the son of God. Does anyone know the verse where he said such a thing? I could be wrong about it, but I don't remember seeing such a claim by Jesus.

I think that Jesus just came here to deliver a message, as a remarkable but not divine human being. His followers decided to worship the man, rather than follow his teachings.

As far as I can see, Jesus was a teacher, not a god.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Jesus claimed he was not the son of god. people wanted him to be their Saviour from their own ego. thats why there are people that disagree.(JEWS)

There were many "prophets" around jesus' time, claiming the same abilities he did, and so did moses. makes you wonder, is religion blocking us from something? not the truth, something much bigger than the truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

its called being brain washed because all your doing is believing some one else's version of events, you weren't there you have no idea what is true about the story and what isn't true about the story, you just believe it because it is written and other people believe it ... thats called brainwashing plain and simple

Let me ask you this, were we there for the "big bang"? brainwashed? hmmm

sorry i don't recall saying that i believed in the big bang at all ... whats your point ???

and i wont believe in it till its 100% proven

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Faith is self-delusion, It helps weak minded people cope with life.

The Big Bang is an un-provable Theory! It is NOT a Fact! As a matter of Fact, it fails in every aspect (scientific study), it is only promolgated because the Real State of the Universe is the "Static State Condition", (now this Theorum IS Provable, and has BEEN proved by the Scientific Method, It's hidden from you) and "scientists" can't get research grants on a "Proven Theorum", In the '50s it was 'scientific consensus' (compared to the false consensus that AL GORE lies about) that this is the state of the universe, only after the communist/radicals infiltrated and supplanted the "scientific community" and "faculties of colleges and universities" that the ignoramic Big bang theory was introduced and promoted.(and supported by the 'religious' in order to cement their foothold on power through "science")!

All Spititual Guides (JESUS/BHUDA/MOHAMMED/Ravi Shankar(ha ha)ETC..)are "Rehab Conselors" sent to earth to try to help Humans Purify their Souls (MINDS) in order to return to the "real" state of concientious that we actually exist in. (the earth is a Prison/Rehab Planet)(You are a Bad Acting/Wrong Headed Individual)WAKE UP!

Have a good night, Sleep well and stop harming yourself and others

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

My point is that it's easy to criticise my belief if you have no personal belief of your own. You said you won't agree with anything until it's 100% proven so I take it you have no belief on origins.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keymaster1

Faith is self-delusion, It helps weak minded people cope with life.

The Big Bang is an un-provable Theory! It is NOT a Fact! As a matter of Fact, it fails in every aspect (scientific study), it is only promolgated because the Real State of the Universe is the "Static State Condition", (now this Theorum IS Provable, and has BEEN proved by the Scientific Method, It's hidden from you) and "scientists" can't get research grants on a "Proven Theorum", In the '50s it was 'scientific consensus' (compared to the false consensus that AL GORE lies about) that this is the state of the universe, only after the communist/radicals infiltrated and supplanted the "scientific community" and "faculties of colleges and universities" that the ignoramic Big bang theory was introduced and promoted.(and supported by the 'religious' in order to cement their foothold on power through "science")!

All Spititual Guides (JESUS/BHUDA/MOHAMMED/Ravi Shankar(ha ha)ETC..)are "Rehab Conselors" sent to earth to try to help Humans Purify their Souls (MINDS) in order to return to the "real" state of concientious that we actually exist in. (the earth is a Prison/Rehab Planet)(You are a Bad Acting/Wrong Headed Individual)WAKE UP!

Have a good night, Sleep well and stop harming yourself and others

Do you have ANY sources for any of these statements? I can ramble on and not provide any foundation for my statements too, if that is what you'd like.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I leave it to you to search '50's scientific achievements', etc. I have done the research, spent meny hours reading/studying pre '60s science. I had a great minded advisor(wwII vet) as a young man, 30 years ago, he explained to me why "the west" was in such a sad shape.(communist infiltration) look it up!

"THE RED SCARE" of the 50's, turns out it was true!
Just a few months ago it was reported even on the IDIOT BOX that McCarthy
WAS RIGHT! There was a 'communist problem' in the post WWII era.

By the way, I have NEVER paid 1 single penny in INCOME TAX in my life, because my mentor explained to me about what INCOME/WAGES/EARNINGS were, and that WAGES are NOT taxable! www.truthattack.org

don't be angry, get educated

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Not true. As I said before, the righteous acts could simply have been a means to an end (getting people to worship someone besides God, thus breaking the first commandment).

Well I don't understand because I'm sure I don't have to tell you, just because you say something isn't true, dosn't mean it is n't true. I have to
give more credit. So I'm a little lost with that.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Why would I validate YOUR statements? You truly are a weird creature, which isn't always a bad thing by the way. It just leaves me truly puzzled to think that I should have to verify your claims....

"Parallel universes are real, but it's up to you to do the hard work." Right.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

faith is just another word for brainwashed, blindly believing anything without some sort of proof is pretty stupid imo

I have to wonder did your parents love you?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I have to wonder did your parents love you?

On that note randy, my dad never said "i love you" and wasn't in my life much. However, I'll glady believe he loved me. Am I ignorant for doing so? According to atheists, yes, I am....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

you know the question was for loki though right?
Also I don't know what is worse, haveing him around and still not hearing that
could be a lot worse.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh yes of course I know. I was just throwing my own 2 cents in there.

edit to add: I was simply pointing out how ridiculous the atheistic claims of "blind faith" really are. I know my Dad loved me regardless of if he proved it or not. I didn't need him to prove it to me because I knew.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Let me say this , 1987 I was married to gal we had to boys .Her mother finally convinced her to dump me she never thought of me as good enough for her daughter. She took those boys and moved to washington
in 89. I loved them then I love them as much today. I havn't seen or heard from them since 89. I have tried.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Unfortunately stuff like that happens, but it's a clear refute to "blind faith". The love is still there even though you can't show it to them.

I have a reason for believing my dad loved me, just as I have a reason for believing my Father loves me.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Interesting question.

What proof would be acceptable? In the days of Jesus or today, no one would believe the proof anyway.

It's called faith.

Ah yes "faith" the ultimate 'ignorance enabler'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join