It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website that give Christians a bad name.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well the website is obviously garbage and a lot of your replies are as well. If you want to know if you will burn in hell or not don't ask a man, ask the only one who can judge such a thing, the supreme being. Most people don't have the guts to ask the supreme being such a question.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The stuff on the feminist website is taken from the Christian Bible which Jesus Christ inspired. Now, I only skimmed it but from what I saw, it looks pretty good. "So to say that you like the Christ but not Christians" would not really fit this situation. Christian that know the Bible rightly will never be friends with the world. Remember Christ was killed!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
What a web site. It`s all set up so that they can tell everyone their opinions, yet they don`t have it set up so anyone else can. Fundies, ya gotta love em. Your opinion doesn`t count, only theirs does.

I had a close friend who use to ask me to attend his church. I asked him why? He asked me if I had a church that I attended. I told him "sure". He asked me what the name of it was. I told him "the church of the infinite one". He looked at me really funny, and asked me where this church was. I told him "your looking at it". He said "Oh, ok, have you found Jesus then? I asked him why I need to find Jesus. He told me "well, if you don`t give yourself to Jesus, then you may burn in Hells fire". I then asked him " If I don`t do what you say, then why is it a loving creator would force me to burn in Hell. His responce was "Because Jesus can save you". I told him "It`s not his job to save me, it was only my job to do that".

Well, needless to say, that conversation went on for hours. He told me that he would pray for me and hope I would open my eyes and allow Jesus in. I told him that I would pray for him also, that he open his eyes and understand that it wasn`t Jesus who would save him, only he himself could do that. He told me that it sounded like Satan was speaking through me. I told him "no, I take responsibility for my own actions, and blame no one or nothing else for them". He asked me what I meant by that. I told him, it was easy. I asked him if he remembered how he always went out Friday and Saturday nights and would get blind staggering drunk? He said "yes". I asked him who was to blame for what he did. And the answer was always the same, it was Satans fault.

I asked him if Satan poured the booze down his throat. He said "no, I drank it, but it was Satan that was making me do it". I said "oh, so he held a gun to your head, or had your arm twisted behind your back?" He said "no". I said "case closed, you drank it yourself without any help from anybody else, and now that you want to straighten out your life, it`s much easier to put the blame on Satan then it is to shoulder it yourself". I told him that "it`s much easier to salve over ones own ego, by putting the blame on someone else to take the guilt away. so they don`t have to live with it".

He was floored by that. He told me he didn`t realize that was what he had done. He told me it was the church that taught him that we are all good people at heart, and that it was Satan that causes all of our troubles. I told him......yea right. We place ourselves in the troubles that we have by the decisions that we make, no one else does

It`s stories just like this one, that those who make religious web sites don`t want to hear. It disrupts their realities to much.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Only God will decide who will be with Him after the judgment, and who will be sent away to the place where God and holiness is not, a place refered to as the lake of fire. If you would like to know today where you stand as to where you will be, you need only read the Bible.

While we are not to pass judgment on others, this is referring to what I mentioned above. I cannot say you are doomed to hell. I don't know that, and if I say so, am I not taking away from God one of His divine rights ?

But I can speak to sin. If I am confronted with sin I am obligated to renounce it as so. So while I love my neighbor, if he pushes his homosexuality in my face and demands I accept it as a legitimate lifestyle, I will tell him no, that to God it is sinful behavior.

Now, should I seek to go out and tell everyone what their sin is ? No. Unless a person has been under convincing conviction of God, he will never know his sin, and to say to that person it is sin will only upset him for my opinion.

So, to be on topic, the website should call sin sin but leave who is going to hell up to God the Creator.

So what is a Christian to do..? What Jesus said, give to those who are hungry, homeless, & naked, and visit the sick and those in prison. Take care of widows and orphans (families in need). And secondly, when confronted with sin renounce it as such and don't be like the world who do not know God.

But judgment belongs to God and Christ alone. If you need to know where you will be after the judgment, read the Bible.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I would say it's Christians who give christians a bad name.

Dang one more little jump and you would've had that one.

That is to say it is most likely the truth that gives Christians a bad name.

Sorry if the truth hurts even though I don't see how Christians are held accountable for someones relationship to the truth.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
Except for the part about everyone can be saved by Jesus and the Lord because only the Biblical Israelites will be saved, and only 1/3 of the biblical Israelites are going to be saved and the rest of the planet is going to die and face 1000 years slavery under them as stated in the Bible.

No superiority complex here.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Where ever you find religious extremism you will normal find a corrupt leadership and a largely illiterate population that has religious messages fed to them by the corrupt powers.

Sounds correct. Christian, Jew, Muslim, and Pagan alike.

To me this says far more about how corrupt humans are than how corrupt religions are!!

Since organized religion is a man made thing, in my opinion it shows how corrupt both humans and organized religions are.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Only God will decide who will be with Him after the judgment, and who will be sent away to the place where God and holiness is not, a place refered to as the lake of fire. If you would like to know today where you stand as to where you will be, you need only read the Bible.

While we are not to pass judgment on others, this is referring to what I mentioned above. I cannot say you are doomed to hell. I don't know that, and if I say so, am I not taking away from God one of His divine rights ?

But I can speak to sin. If I am confronted with sin I am obligated to renounce it as so. So while I love my neighbor, if he pushes his homosexuality in my face and demands I accept it as a legitimate lifestyle, I will tell him no, that to God it is sinful behavior.

Now, should I seek to go out and tell everyone what their sin is ? No. Unless a person has been under convincing conviction of God, he will never know his sin, and to say to that person it is sin will only upset him for my opinion.

So, to be on topic, the website should call sin sin but leave who is going to hell up to God the Creator.

So what is a Christian to do..? What Jesus said, give to those who are hungry, homeless, & naked, and visit the sick and those in prison. Take care of widows and orphans (families in need). And secondly, when confronted with sin renounce it as such and don't be like the world who do not know God.

But judgment belongs to God and Christ alone. If you need to know where you will be after the judgment, read the Bible.

Is what your neighbor doing a "sin", or more of a bad decision on his part? Everyone can make a bad decision in their life about anything. It doesn`t make them a bad person or evil, to be shunned and judged by the rest of humanity.

And beings we are a part of the Creator "God", that makes judgement ours also.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

Originally posted by Fromabove

Is what your neighbor doing a "sin", or more of a bad decision on his part? Everyone can make a bad decision in their life about anything. It doesn`t make them a bad person or evil, to be shunned and judged by the rest of humanity.

And beings we are a part of the Creator "God", that makes judgement ours also.

Judgment belongs to God alone. But when confronted with other's bad decisions and sin, Christians are to renounce it as such, and leave the other to himself and God. Some people sin and have absolutely no conviction of it. So unless God shows them, they will continue in what they do. But as for the Christian, they are to reject sin as sin when it comes to their doorstoop.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

"Judgment belongs to God alone. But when confronted with other's bad decisions and sin, Christians are to renounce it as such, and leave the other to himself and God. Some people sin and have absolutely no conviction of it. So unless God shows them, they will continue in what they do. But as for the Christian, they are to reject sin as sin when it comes to their doorstoop"

You make the statement "judgement belongs to God alone", yet you can`t comprehend it. We are seperate from "God", yet we are a part of "God". We are seperate in our preceptions, yet we are a part of the whole. Some feel they are alone without "God", yet "God is within you always.

Did you forget that "God" gave us free will to grow spiritually as we wish? He will not judge the decisions we make during our stay here. He allows us to judge our own mistakes we make, so that we can learn and grow from them. That is why we are not to judge others, they are to judge themselves. When we condemn others for what they do, we are condemning ourselves beings we are all a part of "God". We are not to interfere in their growth, anymore then we want them to interfere in ours.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
To me it sounds exactly like the drivel of the child abuser Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist cult (www.godhatesfags.com...). I wonder why these people don't get together for the Phelps clan pickets? Perhaps there is some obscure difference that I haven't noticed?

[edit on 28-11-2009 by halfoldman]
PS. Strange, although the link exists the site no longer pops up. I saw that there were various petitions against it, and I assume it has been removed.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by halfoldman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join