It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-government Militias Resurfacing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Im all for Militia's as long as violence is a last resort and only in self defense. I think the article is right on spot about the best way to get a message across to the politicians. Even America's Army as technologically advanced as it is is no match for 10 million or so armed Americans. The law of numbers usually always wins. Also there are many citizens with class III weapons permits and that allows them to have military grade equipment and explosives, fully automatic weapons etc. when i think of a new revolution I have pictures of Russia vs. Afghanistan back in the 80's all there might was no match for guys hiding in caves with old rusyt ak-47's, rpg's and mortars.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Originally posted by WWJFKD
This drumbeat for the desire for change had never been louder than when President Bush left office and who would his successor be.

The drumbeat against Barack Husein Obama was already heard before he took office. So, yes, it's also about Barack. The so called revolution is actually part of the agenda. Real revolution doesn't have this kind of nasty shape. There's something sinister about this.. so called revolution. But, hey, not really my problem.

Yes we hate blacks and all others but White!
White Power!

You happy now?

Go away, troll somewhere else with your hate mongering.
This has nothing to do with race and never has.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Go away, troll somewhere else with your hate mongering.
This has nothing to do with race and never has.

Sorry man, you cannot tell me what to do, you're not the moderator of this board.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

What makes you think all these militias are white hate groups? There are dozes of Muslim terror training camps in America.

link

link

I take it it these are ok, buy a bunch of white guys who are scared of America turning into Europe are the real threat.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Somebody had to go there j2000 because if the people ever start to believe in the "IDEA" of Liberty in a country where all men are created equal and are born with inalienable rights, then they really will have a problem on their hands. We know we are not alone here and we will continue to trumpet the cause of Liberty and will continue to drown out those who wish to bring about an end to the great experiment. When will they learn - You cannot kill an idea whose time has come.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by WWJFKD]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What I would like to see. Is a couple million MARCH into DC.
Don't need guns.
Just the shear site that we are prepared would send a few shivers down thier backs. (I did not say spine because they have non)

Can you even imagine what that would look like?
Each sqaud that you would normally see is max of 50 people. The one's at 50 look huge!
Now imagine 40,000 of those.
Now march along one squad after another.
That is roughly 304 miles.

If they came in from the south along 95, it would stretch within a couple of miles to South Carolina.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by j2000

What makes you think all these militias are white hate groups? There are dozes of Muslim terror training camps in America.

link

link

I take it it these are ok, buy a bunch of white guys who are scared of America turning into Europe are the real threat.

I don't.
You need to go back and read the thread to get the context as I was answering a racist.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Edit- it's not worth it.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by j2000]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thanks WWJFKD, for "speaking to" that insidious liberal talking point...that I constantly hear repeated... that the resurgence of the militia movement is somehow linked to Obama's rise to power. They ignore the post-9/11 insanity of the Bush Era, and the rise of the Department of Motherland, I mean Homeland Security.

Someone, high-up, must really think that having a non-white president gives the media carte-blanche to blame any opposition to the gov't on Obama's multicultural background.
I mean these guys must be thinking, we should have done this years ago...

Think about how quickly the leftist media discredited the Tea-pary movement, by branding them as a bunch of hicks and racists...and for what, a few tasteless signs in the crowd (which are easily planted)?

But it's not like the right wing media is any better at this point...it is comical watching all these neocons trying to sheep-dip anybody they can with the Constitution...at the 11th hour. All the while, ignoring that we could pay for Health Care Reform if we just ended the unconstitutional wars and our empire building. Filling this vacuum (of leadership, integrity, honesty, etc.) are charlatans like Glenn Beck who a year ago was calling for the torture of Ron Paul Supporters, and now he is the bonafide voice of the Patriot movement? Say what?

The same puppets are already selling Americans on the fact that Sarah Palin is their only choice as a conservative alternative to moderate Rebublicans of the Bush ilk. They say she's a real rogue, aye!...ignoring the fact that she's also someone who has little respect in many circles, and someone, because of past scandals, seems highly compromised and easily controlled. How convenient, don't ya know...
I guess that's how they like 'em. If she's ever in charge (god forbid)...all opposition will no doubt be sexist... good news for Hillary.

Ron Paul, 2012

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by j2000

link

link

Now would those be the Muslim Terror Training Camps in America that the CIA is running or would those be the Muslim Terror Training Camps in America that the MOSSAD is running, or would those be the Muslim Terror Training Camps in America that the CIA/MOSSAD is running?

I have news for you Steven strong citizens militias exist so NO ONE GROUP has to be feared and so that citizens AREN'T wholly dependent on the government to protect them WHICH MEANS then that the government CAN'T EXPLOIT making us so fearful of any one type of group BASED ON it's religious makeup, racial makeup, political makeup, or sexual makeup.

The whole point to citizens militias is to keep its portion of the nation safe and secure. To keep safe from EVERY and ANY NON-AMERICA or AMERICAN group that VIOLATES constitutional principles in it's actions and agenda.

Hey did you know there are several Israel Terrorist Training Camps in the U.S. too?

Strong American Militias can deal with ANY THREAT from ANY QUARTER they don't operate out of fear, THEY OPERATE OUT OF STRENGTH.

That's the real trick that media and propoganda maestros play Steven, the make it seem like people who belong to militias are scrared, paranoid or hate filled zealots.

Nothing could be further from the truth. They belong to citizens militias because THEY ARE NOT SCARED, they are NOT SCARED OF EXERCISING THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, you see Steven the whole idea behind having STRONG CITIZEN'S militias is so STRONG and INDEPENDENT CITIZENS WHO LOVE their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS are ALWAYS prepared to EXERCISE and DEFEND THEM.

That way OPORTUNISTS LOOKING TO EXPLOIT FEAR and MANIPULATE THOSE PEOPLE NEVER CAN.

I am about as scared of ANYONE as I am the tooth farie.

I am a strong independent confident and self assured American citizen who knows that as long as I respect, promote and defend America's Constitutional principles I never need to fear anyone or anything.

Militias are all about strength and confidence, strong and independent people.

Something folks on K Street hate huh Steve?

[edit on 23/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
if our government was doing it's job even remotely, these groups would be very quiet in their words and actions. But the rise in the development and influence of these groups is caused by the lousey job our government is doing.

If everyone thinks these groups are growing now, wait a year or two, when large groups openly advocate armed resistance against our government. it's coming folks, in one manner or another. Whether the powers that be will let it get that far before crushing them is another argument.

Common sense---when people lose it all, they will be hunting for someone to blame. When a large enough group gets organized, they will find a way to be heard. Bad times are coming people. Prepare now while you have a little time left. You know what you need to do, so do it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Starred - Truth to power

Well said

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Let us not forget either the hundreds of chapters of the Jewish Defense League (JDL) here in America they are all technincally militias too.

They just have great public relations thanks to B'Nai Brith and the Anti Defemation League they make sure militant armed groups like the JDL get great press or overlooked all together.

Most American citizen's militias don't get that kind of good press like the JDL does thanks to it's public relations arm that operates on K street in D.C. just a 'stones throw' from the White House.

In fact one of the reasons the militant armed Jewish Defense League gets such little notice is the same people who work on it's public relations also tend to work against American Citizen's Militias by purporting that they are racists and planting a lot of media stories and believe it or not even posting comments on blogs against American Citizen's Militias.

The good news is Steve that strong and independent American Citizen Militias don't have to be afraid of any group no matter where they hail from or what their agenda is.

See America really is the home of the free and the brave. A lot of times people with foreign agendas tend to overlook that and fail to really respect it too I am bemused to say.

An American Republic restored run by the people for the people would probably make some pretty serious status quo changes in the way of foreign policy.

Some real serious ones.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

I really appreciate all those my friend.

That should be required reading for everyone once a week.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead
if our government was doing it's job even remotely, these groups would be very quiet in their words and actions. But the rise in the development and influence of these groups is caused by the lousey job our government is doing.

If everyone thinks these groups are growing now, wait a year or two, when large groups openly advocate armed resistance against our government. it's coming folks, in one manner or another. Whether the powers that be will let it get that far before crushing them is another argument.

Common sense---when people lose it all, they will be hunting for someone to blame. When a large enough group gets organized, they will find a way to be heard. Bad times are coming people. Prepare now while you have a little time left. You know what you need to do, so do it.

A year or two? I guess you did not hear Obama last week about the Double Dip on the Economy? When that comes, as everyone knows it will, that will be 10 fold worse than this last year.

I would say a month or two is closer. You can only hold up the markets and the banks with BS and fantisy money for so long before they crash.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think the militia movement is a good thing, something our country needs right now. I hope to see many more of them pop up as long as they are well organized, dedicated to protecting this republic and it's people, and they have no ulterior motives.

We have sat by complacently for far too long while an increasingly corrupted government driven by a desire for power and riches has become tyrannical and proceeded to methodically and meticulously rip this country apart.

We have been complacent for so long that they no longer hear our voices no matter how long, or how loud we scream. In numbers too large to ignore we said no to the bailout of wallstreet, yet they ignored us and left us holding the bag. We stand here now jobless, homeless, yet we are still forced to hold that bag and it gets heavier every day that passes with no relief in sight.

Sadly we are now governed by some that would see our rights stripped from us and view our Constitution and Bill of Rights as nothing more than outdated pieces of paper that hold no wieght. A government that seems to have forgotten that they hold office and derive their powers from we the people. A government that has given us the patriot act, constitution free zones, and countless other acts that strip us of our constitutional rights at their whim. A government that hires mercenaries (like Blackwater) to do their dirty work in their own country against their own citizens. In short a government that has given us the knowledge that they can no longer be trusted and that we have every reason to fear them.

Our forefathers were intelligent men, and had the foresight to ensure our right to a well armed militia and a right to bear arms, it seems as though many of them saw this day coming.

Perhaps if the militia movement becomes strong enough they will see that we no longer intend to sit complacently by and watch as they rip this republic apart, taking our freedoms with it. Hopefully that will be all they need to see that there are those that love their freedoms way too much to let them be stolen away, that we don't want the democracy that they so desperately attempt to change this country into, that we want the republic that it was intended to be. Hopefully the return of the militia will be the return of our voices.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The article you linked uses far too many labels. For instance, the word "extremist" sounds bad. However being an extremist compared to what? I avoid labels, but I think just about everyone on ATS is an extremist compared to the normal "sheeple" (I know, I hate using "sheeple" but it's hard to come up with a different word) attitude. To many people, the government is becoming extremist, and to the the government, we are extremists. It's the same with terrorists. A terrorist is someone who uses fear or violence to spread their objectives. Osama bin Laden would be a bad terrorist, but Jefferson is a good terrorist. We really should avoid using labels. Any "extremist" fighting for our freedoms is a win for me. OP, I know it's not your fault at all, cool post. I just wanted to point that at and if anyone noticed the extensive use of labels in the article.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

I know a lot of people around the country and the world. I mean lots.
They by no means share the same view I have had over the years, conservative libitarian sort of.
But, I can strike up a conversation on the phone, or in person, and they are all pissed and want to kick out everyone in congress. My family mostly voted for Obama and all but one is pissed. My brother is "waiting to see". lol

So, as far as the Govt is concerned along with their MSM. They have 280 million extremist on thier hands.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by j2000]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have always agreed with "Minutemen" style militias Minutemen being used in the original context. To me it's important for our country to have a strong standing civilian army. Independent of government control.

These groups are looked at with scorn and suspicion by the government and rightly so. It is in fact our right as citizens to bear arms as a quiet and yet forceful reminder to the government who gives them power, and who can take it away just as easily.

Fully armed and well regulated militias are the cornerstone of this great nation, without them we would have no nation to begin with.

While that being said, I do have to question motives as well. If a militia group is founded on racial bigotry that should not be tolerated. But if it is founded on the ideals of maintaining a balance of power to the citizenry's favor, I am all for it.

Article I Section 8 of the United States Constitution states:

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

The Second Amendment reads:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The fundamental differences are quite apparent and shows that We the People have the duty to raise a well regulated Militia to defend ourselves if and when the government becomes tyrannical.

It is because of this constitutional clause and the separation between Militia and the Army that I support Militias and support their right to exist and arm themselves. It is our duty as a free society to maintain a strong civilian militia that does not answer to the central government but can in the time of crisis support or defend against that government.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
reply to post by j2000

Somebody had to go there j2000 because if the people ever start to believe in the "IDEA" of Liberty in a country where all men are created equal and are born with inalienable rights, then they really will have a problem on their hands. We know we are not alone here and we will continue to trumpet the cause of Liberty and will continue to drawn out those who wish to bring about an end to the great experiment. When will they learn - You cannot kill an idea whose time has come.

Thank you friend for the many excellent additions and sources and context you have been providing to this thread.

Truly there has never existed so ripe of a moment or great of a need for American citizens to reassert their sovereignty and liberty and inalienable right to self determination as this present moment.

Never has the greed and corruption and theft on Wall Street and within our own government, at the Pentagon, CIA, Congress and White House the DEA and the FBI and even at the Supreme Court been so blatant as to be so obvious that the only thing that they can do it seems anymore is point the finger at one another for the many total failures and crimes and basically admit to them while just presenting a huge paycheck and bailout to one another at the expense of us the citizens and taxpayers.

Yet that is how they carry on with no hope or change on the horizon. Self determination, ha buy government health care or go to jail. Corruption on Wall Street, not one person of any one of the dozens of big money firms from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mack to AIG or Lehman or Citi Group or Goldman Sachs, Country Wide or B of A has so much got a parking ticket for the thefts and frauds that have cost our economy 11 trillion dollars in equity and real cash in just a brief two year period.

Leave Iraq? Heck no! Instead we are sending tens of thousands of more soldiers to Afghanistan and utilizing every tactic in the Military Industrial Complex’s preemptive war to prevent weapons of mass destruction being developed in Iran and are gearing up to cause massive destruction to Iran and it’s people and possessions by firing off billions of dollars of more hi-tech munitions while pushing our war weary and increasingly suicidal men and women in uniform into even more war for Middle East Oil and Muslim attrition which despite the fact that American Boots stand on just about every oil well in the Middle East at the cost of trillions of dollars to the American Tax Payer the price of gas incredibly just goes up not down!

The level of propaganda and fear being pushed currently by the government is insulting in its obvious manipulation.
Our fore fathers the true founding Patriots would have given their lives fighting against the Patriot Act, they shed their blood in the first place so no such thing could befall the people of this nation, the people of this land.

The Congress, the Senate, The Supreme Court, the White House and Federal, State and Local Government has all been fused into one singular thinking and mutually supportive thing that no longer operate as an independent series of checks and balances. That and that alone have allowed the nation to slip into this abysmal and critical state of decay.

There is only one critical and all important, and very much deciding check and balance left and that is the free and independent citizen’s militia whose right to bear arms was always meant to be that very last, that very last in case all else has failed check to restore balance to a system that has been completely and totally corrupted and no longer checks and balances itself but exploits the citizens as economic slaves in every conceivable and excessive oppressive and intrusive way.

The free and independent citizens militias upholding and adhering to the founding constitutional principals is that most vital check and balance as logic and circumstances would dictate that if and when it should be called upon it would be for all else having failed.

Sadly I must report all else has failed.

The free and independent citizen’s militias are the only thing left standing in the way of a check and balance against a total authoritarian police state that has actually already been built up all around us.

It is now why more so than ever before the Federal Government and the Military/Security Dictatorship that runs the nation on behalf of the military industrial complex and their bankers would like to crush the militias just as they crushed the last of the unions in this staged and manipulated economic crisis.

Yes I would say never have there been such a time and such a need for the American Militia to do that very thing it has always been meant to do. For truly there is nothing else left that will defend or protect our vanishing freedoms at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join