It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-government Militias Resurfacing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Anti-government Militias Resurfacing

www.military.com

November 23, 2009
Associated Press

NIKISKI, Alaska -- Norm Olson's genial tone belies his reputation as a radical militiaman, yet here he is, at 63, an affable grandfather explaining why Americans should arm themselves against their government.

Walking stick in hand, clad in military fatigues, he strolls a trail in the woods near his home, located on 22 acres (9 hectares) near Nikiski, a small, unincorporated community with isolated roads and no local government. The nearest state trooper post is two towns away.

A fellow militiaman, armed with an assault rifle, walks along as Ols
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is an interesting article that surfaced on Military.com from an Associated Press article that many members
on ATS have been talking about quite a while now.

Oddly enough it’s a fairly unbiased article that highlights many of the reasons why the militia movements are resurgent.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center at least 50 new militia groups have sprouted over the last two years.
While the article is somewhat suggestive that’s a racial response to the nation’s first black President the article doesn’t go do far as to dismiss some of the other far more compelling reasons that Militias are sprouting up in greater numbers and their ranks are filling.

I have no doubt the government and spin maestros would love to sum the militia movements as all about racism and undue paranoia but clearly the press and the government are both aware that it’s more than just about a racial agenda or an anti-liberal agenda and that more and more people across the nation are profoundly worried about the infringements of their constitutional rights based on War on Terror initiatives like the Patriot Acts and the Foreign Intelligence Services Act (FISA) just to name a few.

Perhaps one of the best non-violent ways to send a loud and clear message to Washington regarding displeasure over the current state of affairs with the Bailouts, the hastily thought out and terribly wrong Health Care initiatives, Cap and Trade, the continued wholesale exportation of jobs and manufacturing, and the broken and porous borders which has resulted in wave after wave of illegal immigrants lowing wages and burdening the infrastructure is to let the politicians know a growing critical and well armed group of people are becoming increasingly concerned to the point of joining groups for protection from government infringements on the sovereign rights of the people.

I can’t quite see myself as a member of any group, and I don’t condone violence except as a last resort in true self defense where a clear and present danger and threat is actually present, but I do support the concept and ideas of militias and I do think a growing number of militias and a growing membership of militias will send a far louder message to Washington than anything that can be achieved through our broken two party political system at the polls.

We do after all in theory have a right to bear arms and join militias and oddly enough it might be the most important right we do have and now just might be the most important time in a very long time to exercise those rights as a notice to government that its continued erosions and intrusions of and on our constitutional rights have gone way to far.

What do you think about the militia movement? Good, bad or indifferent?

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Olson's militia is minuscule at the moment, but there has been a resurgence of the militia movement nationwide, in part coinciding with the advent of the Obama administration. At least 50 new right-wing militia groups have been identified by the Montgomery, Alabama-based Southern Poverty Law Center, a nonprofit civil rights organization. All have formed within the last two years, many spreading their speeches and combat exercises on YouTube.

"It's the response to fear," Olson says.

Olson lets that sink in. Then he adds: "The federal government can roll into your driveway in the middle of the night and snatch you up and take you away and you'll never be seen again."

That is basically the long and short of it sadly these days. The FISA Courts and their secret wiretaps, searches, arrests and trials are about the most un-American thing to ever be concieved in an increasingly authoritarian Federal Government that between the War on Drugs and the War on Terror has spending trillions and giving up our rights, left and right for some kind of warped notion of security against threats that the biggest source of the threats stems from overly intrusive government.

Most drug violence would dissapear if illegal drugs were made legal and the violent gun toting gangs who distripute them were put out of business as a result.

Most terrorism would dissapear if the government conducted even handed foreign policy and stopped rewarding one nation for doing the same exact thing it will punish another nation for with the only apparent and readily identifiable difference between the nations being the religion or type of government that nation has since it does reward and punish based on the exact same type of action done by the nation rewarded as done by the nation punished.

Our government is becoming increasingly predatory and unpredictable both at home an abroad.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I am definitely for these types of groups. As long as they remain a non-violent entity with the capabilities of retaliation. And sane strong leadership. I think if groups like this were to form, they could evolve into a political stronghold to give a voice to a largely unheard group. (middle class america.) It doesn't need to be racist, or violent, or stupid. I think in order for them to be able to form and remain in tact, they should have an ability to have a liaison in the ATF or whatever government entity would watch over it. Not a snitch, just a liaison. that is my opinion.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I think it's an excellent idea for citizen's militias to have a government liason. First the more the government knows about the militia movement the better the government can begin to realize that maybe running the government for corporations and their lobbyists and foreign countries and their lobbyists might not be as preferable as resuming running the government for the citizens who in addition to having common sense instead of bribes and kickbacks have strong ethics and discipline of their own instead of acting like the prostitutes so many of our elected representatives do.

The reality is that the two things that have likely been the downfall of America is a military industrial complex and standing armies that supplanted militias, and the gunboat diplomacy that comes along with them.

Once upon a time it was primarily the citizens militias responsibility to defend America from enemies foreign and domestic.

They wouldn't have been keen to take their row boats and sail boats to Iraq for instance but the reality is that no one in Iraq was taking their row boats and sail boats here for us to have defend against.

Our foreign policy seems to be run based on agrivating most of the world towards violent solutions aimed at enriching the military industrial complex for a profit.

The five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council just happen to also be the 5 major arms dealers that make sure every militia the world over is armed to the nines except our own citizens militias.

People would argue in this dangerous world not having a huge standing army, state of the art weaponry, a satellite grid and a vast intelligence network would be suicide.

Yet peaceful little Costa Rica has one of the highest levels of economic prosperity in Latin America and has world class cultural attractions and tourist destinations yet it has no standing army.

We seem to cause our own problems and we seem to do it because we have ignored our own for fathers who didn't want a standing army and empire and taking sides in foreign disputes but active citizens militias that would fight to death for our freedoms.

Sadly there are far fewer freedoms left now for them to fight for after nearly a century of the Military Industrial Complex running the Country.

The only peace dividend they ever provide to the taxpayers is doing their best to get the politicians to find or invent another war if need be.

Militias are probably the best way to get Washington to change it's tunes, not through them using violence either, but by them having enough members that the government is always concerned that there are so many armed and organized Americans who will defend their constitutional freedoms even if Washington won't or doesn't want to or as of late seems more and more determined to take them away.

The best way out of our vast problems is returning to the roots of what made the nation great to begin with and citizens militias was one of the cornerstones of that greatness and promise.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Would it be fair to ask your take on Ruby Ridge or Waco?
I don't think they were militias .
Can militias be confused with those other folks and face similar consequences?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Well my understanding is that what happened at Ruby Ridge was a government that reacted poorly to a situation that resulted in the tragic loss of death of a man's innocent son and worse yet his dog!

The fact that Randy Weaver did little time for what appeared to be a government over reacting to allegations regarding the types of weapons he was alleged to have in his posession almost speaks of the need for citizens to be able to protect themselves from government abuses.

Honeslty I feel that when the founders framed the right to bear arms into the constitution it was as a protection and equalizer against an abusive or tyrannical government coming to power.

Therefore the right to bear arms in my humble opinion should be equivelant to what ever the government posesses. In other words if you feel the need to have a nuclear powered submarine or an f-16 you should have them.

What should be illegal is using them in a non-defensive way.

Owning an assault rifle shouldn't be against the law, using the assault rifle in the furtherance of a crime or to harm someone in a non-defensive way should result in additional penalties for the misuse of the weapon but law abiding citizens should be able to posess any weapon the government posesses.

For instance I don't own a gun but I have a heck of an impressive space based sattelite laser system! (Just kidding it's plazma cannons) (Still just kidding they shoot banana peels but so far the peels keep burning up on reentry which is why I am considering artifically introducing another ice age to get the thing to work) (Still just kidding)

As far as Waco, I tend to frown on religious cults since the tragedy at Jones Town in 1978. I especially frown on religious cults where families with small children lead alternative lifestyles.

However once again the government's response was too heavy handed and made little sense. When the government's actions are just as criminal and rash as rash criminal's actions it tends to underscore the citizens needing to protect themselves somehow someway from the government.

The long and short of it is that guns don't kill people, people kill people, whether they wear a badge, or belong to a militia, a church, a street gang or just a loan tinfoil hat, weapons them selves always need some one to fire that weapon, and too often now days are government has lost the moral lead here at home and abroad as well too.

Personally I don't condone or ever look for violent solutions to a problem.

Our government often does look for violent solutions to problems here at home and overseas.

Our for fathers believed the only way we would ever protect ourselves as citizens from such a government is citizens being armed and potentially as organized if not better organized than government.

Our for fathers came from European Countries that were all monarchies that while they might have also had some parlimentary form of government to go along with it, between the monarchs and the church leaders of the day those countries functioned by and large as dictatorships, where citizens had few rights and what few they had weren't well gauranteed.

We became spolied here in America and had come to believe in the virtue of our republic and that we could always trust it to protect our constitution and freedoms.

This is no longer the case, and that's why our for fathers wanted us to always be vigilant and to always be armed and to always have militias as the only safequard against a government as we are now very much aware of that will not hesitate to shock and awe people through its overwhelming use of violent force.

Militias are a good idea. There are always going to be one or two bad egs in a box it's no reason to throw out the whole box though.

Conversely our government has gotten to the point where they are all bad eggs except for 1 or 2.

A corrupted and broken political process won't really change that, walking and speaking softly while carrying a big stick though tends to have a far greater impact than anything else.

Well armed, well organized and independent citizens militias don't need to do much but walk and talk softly and carry a big stick to keep government honest.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I always wanted to join or form a militia! When i was 19, 1994, freinds older brother, who was in marines now a nurse, educated us about the NWO. with a tape as well his friend supposedly smugled to him. VERY inteesting detail and info....
sadly here in CT we dont have militias, tha i know of. Ive sen movies, where hollywood always prtrayed militias as racist christians running all over the place. I do hope that not how alot of them are really run....im not racist and never will be.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I think you and I are alot alike in what we would like for our country. But if you don't get a gun, at least make sure they guy next door has one and give him a beer every now and then. The non violent solution is the only way we will bring about the change we want. If a bloody revolution started, some other country could waltz in with a plan while we have none, and do some real damage. And the kind of change I think we need is going to take a LOOOOONG time. so we need patience. But getting some groups together is the very first step IMHO. Avoiding the terrorist watch list would be the second step. (that is where the liaison comes in.) But leaders. that seems to be what we are in short supply of. I would fight to the death for my country, but without leadership, it would be in vane. Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

[
Honeslty I feel that when the founders framed the right to bear arms into the constitution it was as a protection and equalizer against an abusive or tyrannical government coming to power.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms has been recognized by the General Government; but the best security of that right after all is, the military spirit, that taste for martial exercises, which has always distinguished the free citizens of these States....Such men form the best barrier to the liberties of America" - (Gazette of the United States, October 14, 1789.)

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950])

"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." (Richard Henry Lee, Additional Letters from the Federal Farmer (1788) at 169)

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." (Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment [ I Annals of Congress at 750 [August 17, 1789]])

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States" (Noah Webster in 'An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution', 1787, a pamphlet aimed at swaying Pennsylvania toward ratification, in Paul Ford, ed., Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, at 56(New York, 1888))

"...but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in discipline and use of arms, who stand ready to defend their rights..." (Alexander Hamilton speaking of standing armies in Federalist 29.)

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)

"The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" (Patrick Henry, 3 J. Elliot, Debates in the Several State Conventions 45, 2d ed. Philadelphia, 1836)

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants" (Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939)

to name a few...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I always wanted to join or form a militia! When i was 19, 1994, freinds older brother, who was in marines now a nurse, educated us about the NWO. with a tape as well his friend supposedly smugled to him. VERY inteesting detail and info....
sadly here in CT we dont have militias, tha i know of. Ive sen movies, where hollywood always prtrayed militias as racist christians running all over the place. I do hope that not how alot of them are really run....im not racist and never will be.

That is the problem.Hollywood and main stream media portray militia as a bunch of redneck kooks. On the contrary,people that I have met in militia are down to earth concerned citizens,who fervently believe in constitutional rights.
If you don't know by now,I'll give you a hint. You can't put much faith in the media or the movies. Seeing is believing,go to a gun shop and talk to the people there about militia,maybe you'll learn something they don't teach in the news.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

sadly here in CT we dont have militias

Actually, CT DOES have a militia, the 51st Militia:

ctmilitia.homestead.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

You have done a great job of posting quotes from past patriots that explain WHY the Militias are essential in the US. More than ever, I believe that they are necessary in today's environment, especially since we have a government today that has no trouble ignoring the Constitution of the United States, the Guiding document of the Unites States.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
People can say whatever they want about it's a lot more than just about race. However I'll tell you this, a lot of US president screw you in the past for years, some even doing it for 2 terms. But only to this president, for only for about several months that there's such a reaction to what he's been doing. What he's doing is not really new just in a different form. It's not liberal new, it's not presidential new either, but the reaction is new.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So many have a mistaken idea about militia groups forming and the old already formed militias. Most all militias will not accept anyone as a member who has a criminal record.

Militias are not the red necks and slow witted. They are comprised of a large sampling of the communities. They consist of attorneys, judges, police officers and people from all walks of life.

If they are ever needed to come to action you will be most thankful they were there.

Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of our country. This is no time for cowards.

I hope and pray force will never be needed but if it is the American people are getting into place to take back our country.

Lead, follow and move out of the way.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706

I have never belonged to a militia so I can't say for sure as to whether there are real racial undertones or if some principles that upset certain people of certain races even though they aren't racist per say.

For instance Lou Dobbs wants to clamp down on illegal immigration. Not because he doesn't like Mexicans or Latins but because a huge uncontrolled influx of Mexican or Latin Immigrants places a burden on our infrastructure in ways that weren't plan for when people no where near the numbers in the census show up for schools or at the hospitals.

Lou Dobbs isn't racist he is all for planned legal imigration, but many illegal minorities who want their friends and family to be able to illegally join them here in the U.S. too consider Lou Dobbs racist because people advocating for upholding the immigration laws stand in the way of their friends and relatives and even themselves being able to safely break those laws. The easiest thing to do then is just call Lou Dobbs a racist and anyone who favors enforcing immigration policies as a way to discredit the people who want to see the laws enforced because it's in the nation's best interest to enforce such laws.

The truth is a lot of common sense solutions are not politically correct, because a lot of the entitlements that are awarded by the government in the way of grants and special programs for certain minorities and handicapped people are really all about those politicians buying the votes from those people with tax payer's money and creating a nanny state in the process.

So once again if you are a common sense person that wants to do away with entitlements and various aides and special programs that make the big nanny state and allow some people who don't want to put forth a full effort and to live on the government dime, which is actually the tax payer's dime, the citizen's dime the easiest way to get people to not listen to people with common sense and common sense non-politically correct solutions is to call them a racist.

The people who don't want to put in a full effort want those programs, the politicians who make a career and a decent living out of voting for those programs and administering those programs who want a big government are for those programs even though it enables people who could be productive to not be productive and it makes the government some huge all powerful expensive thing that our for fathers didn't want.

So naturally playing the race card against people who value the constitution and the prudence of having a small government that really enforces plain common sense simple laws versus selectively applying 600,000 laws on the books often in politically minded ways is about the most effective way to discredit people who make sense in favor of the 'politically correct' people who are bankrupting the nation morally and financially.

It is a very strange state of affairs that exists in our nation today and getting stranger all the time!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
People can say whatever they want about it's a lot more than just about race. However I'll tell you this, a lot of US president screw you in the past for years, some even doing it for 2 terms. But only to this president, for only for about several months that there's such a reaction to what he's been doing. What he's doing is not really new just in a different form. It's not liberal new, it's not presidential new either, but the reaction is new.

If I may speak to this. I am often asked why now, why this President. For me this has nothing to do with a President. I believe the boiling point has been reached for a number of reasons but one being that this time we needed change. The system was no longer sustainable and we desperately needed someone to come in a shake it to its core, To return us to the Constitutional Republic we were founded as. As you know we did not get it. We needed the repeal of the Patriot Act, We needed the disbandment of the Federal Reserve, We needed the end of Presidential signing statements, we needed an end to costly (both economically and emotionally) wars. we needed an end to term limits and we needed the abolition of the Unconstitutional Federal Income Tax.

This drumbeat for the desire for change had never been louder than when President Bush left office and who would his successor be. We got more of the same. It has become clear that unless We the People take a stand and abolish this system which infects our way of life then we will continue to see more and more abuses of powers against the People and the document some so dearly protect. Will we Hope for Change in whatever frontman is put before us the next time around or will we finally in one voice say "No More" and do that which we know we must? Remember my friends the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again HOPING for things to CHANGE. now who is the more insane, the one who follows the present course HOPING that things will CHANGE or the one who changes it. I applaud those who have committed to our nations militia, my prayers are with you and I gladly stand beside you in defense of the people.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
This drumbeat for the desire for change had never been louder than when President Bush left office and who would his successor be.

The drumbeat against Barack Husein Obama was already heard before he took office. So, yes, it's also about Barack. The so called revolution is actually part of the agenda. Real revolution doesn't have this kind of nasty shape. There's something sinister about this.. so called revolution. But, hey, not really my problem.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
First hand.. don't build machine guns or any illegal weaponry. Watched the local militia destroy itself doing just that.

The milita

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I think you and I are alot alike in what we would like for our country. But if you don't get a gun, at least make sure they guy next door has one and give him a beer every now and then. The non violent solution is the only way we will bring about the change we want. If a bloody revolution started, some other country could waltz in with a plan while we have none, and do some real damage. And the kind of change I think we need is going to take a LOOOOONG time. so we need patience. But getting some groups together is the very first step IMHO. Avoiding the terrorist watch list would be the second step. (that is where the liaison comes in.) But leaders. that seems to be what we are in short supply of. I would fight to the death for my country, but without leadership, it would be in vane. Any ideas?

I have never felt the need to own a gun and I hope that I never do have that need. Those who live by the sword die by the sword and in reality so much of what is dragging this country into a seemingly almost inextricable morass is the military industrial complex and its absolute number one priority of making sure it’s collective business stays lucrative by ensuring that there always is violence for them to profit off of.

President Eisenhower was spot on in his farewell address to the American people in warning us of the inherent dangers in maintaining a full time weapons industry and the power that its principal owners might be able to both garner and then exploit.

We surely did fail to heed his warning and business for the military industrial complex has never been better. Today we might shoot a single missile priced at 135 thousand dollar to destroy a stone hut in Afghanistan or Iraq valued at 100 dollars. The reality is if we knocked on the front door and offered the people living inside of it 10,000.00 to relocate they would gladly knock down the hut themselves at a savings of 125 thousand dollars to the American Tax payer and we would have earned a generation of goodwill from its occupants instead of a generation of enmity for the violent destruction of the dwelling and the murder of it’s occupants.

Tragically the Military Industrial Complex and it’s associated bankers and oil tycoons who all profit equally insanely in the political racket known as war would sooner slit their own throats than to allow peace to break out on this planet.

We no longer make widgets or ball bearings, grandfather clocks or even Lego Blocks our number one exports today is war and violence, wanton and often indiscriminate death and destruction, dual hypocritical standards and armaments for just about anyone who will kill one another, armaments for everyone and anyone except for the citizens here in our country in case we the people might accidently look in the mirror and be honest with our selves about the pitiful state of this nation in between viewing TV sitcoms, running to Wal-Mart and text messaging and choose to protect ourselves from these racketeers and their associated politicians.

When I was 13 years old I was declared uncontrollable and made a ward of the state for having the temerity to question my social studies teacher on the textbook misrepresentations of other nation’s cultures and governments and the teachers assertions along with those books that claimed places like Communist Red China engaged in systematic brainwashing of its citizens against Americans and the American way of life 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

The reality is 32 years later 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year we are bombarded with round the clock brain washing that never stops. Hate the Iranians, hate the Muslims, hate the narcotics traffickers’, love the Israelis help them as we help ourselves by arming them to teeth as we find a way to vilify every non-Christian nation that sits on top of oil and mineral wealth. They are all out to kill us you see, from their stone huts and lives of abject poverty, to kill us with their AK-47’s and M-16’s from 12,000 miles away even though the vast majority of them can even hardly afford a 20 mile trip to their nearest market. They will destroy our lives if given half the chance, even though they live in a perpetually war torn world where they would be so lucky to see a half a half a chance just to live their lives in peace and security.

We are in fact served up anger, hate, prejudice, fear biased conclusions and dreadful solutions 24 hours a day by a mainstream network news studio that doesn’t even hide but glorifies that retired general who now is a consultant to this weapons manufacturing company or that weapons manufacturing company who gives us play by play on wars were more people die and are maimed in collateral damage than combatants are, like the post game day reviews of a sporting event.

The reality is the lunatics are running the asylum and the only way they can appear to not be lunatics is to drown out every voice of reason and morals and intelligence and to vilify and ostracize those who they can’t drown out by talking over by defaming their characters and motives wholesale.

They are a danger too, everyone, everything is a danger, only the government can protect us, only a well armed huge army, air force, navy, coast guard, marine core and coming soon a million man paramilitary force that President Obama would love to and means to establish for domestic security.

We Americans no longer live in the home of the free and the brave, we Americans live in the land of fear, in a state of fear, where we fight a War against Terror a War against Drugs, and vicious hate crimes carried out by vicious right wing and left wing extremists that the media court of public opinion and the politicians who fuel and feed them with poignant sound bites to editorialize and shape conclude that these extreme right and left wing people aren’t just bigots but most likely terrorists too. After all how can anyone who isn’t seen as politically correct not be a grave threat to someone.

No, I sure don’t believe in violence, but our government and its Homeland Security Department sure does. Just that name alone, Homeland Security is something that would have made Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels proud!

Some how, some way, we need to throw the brakes on our insane, self serving, oppressive and intrusive, lying and manipulating government, it’s Military Industrialist and Banking benefactors and the media companies they own that lie to us and manipulate us more.

Our Fore Fathers wanted us to always have the right to bear arms and form militias so that this could never happen.

It has happened though and the only chance we will ever have of stopping this insanity is not giving up that saving grace that our founders and framers foresaw the need for us to have.

If the government should succeed at completely vilifying and outlawing these militias and take away the right to bear arms we will never get out of the dictatorship that this country truly has become.

I support our right to bear arms, even though I do not own one, and I support our right to form militias even though I am not a member of one.

My solution if for the people of this country to start using our remaining decreasing rights before we loose those too and as we do so in increasing numbers to demand an end to the Patriot and FISA Acts, to demand an end to the War on Terror and the War on Drugs, to demand that the Corporations abusing and violating Anti-Trust laws be shut down and split up, to demand an end to letting unchecked illegal immigration erode the fabric of this nation from within, and to demand an end to career politicians and insist that the republic once again be run for the people, and by the people.

That’s my solution. I hope it’s one more and more Americans will actively support. We failed to support our Labor Unions and look what it got us, nothing but jobs at Wal-Mart, fail to support our citizen militias? I shudder to think of the consequences of that!

[edit on 23/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join