It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Is In A Major UFO Flap!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Lol @ the photo provided. Could be just about anything.

I like that MUFON lends some credibility to the field, but we will always be laughed at. And remember, they're never worried about what you know, they're only worried about what you can prove. And so far, we can prove zilch.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I am getting to the point that when I hear the words "Chinese Lantern" I want to PUKE. I would have said vomit or throw up...but puke was so much more appropriate to the occasion..
)

I agree...its like EVERY report now seems to be getting classified as "Chinese Lantern"...well...how many "Chinese Lanterns" strobe??
Thats what I want to know....and how many have a LED look to them?? Yea, I saw something last week...not saying it was an alien space craft, but it WASNT a damn lantern....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alttracks

I live in southern Colorado not much of anything down here. It's mostly Ranch land & cattle.

I felt the same as you most moving lights can be explained or attributed to the military. I've lived out here a long time. I've seen the groomers up on the slopes at night lights blazing. We've got military playing all the time. We know what is unusual in our sky. For me it was the non-moving large amber lights hanging over my house that made me give up trying to explain what the hell it was and just get my kids and go. Believe me we've been through all the various reflective light scenarios. I've done my searches and have found nothing that compares. I simply do not know what we saw only that it was most unusual and we haven't seen anything like it since. I was always a skeptic resorting to reason especially where the kids were concerned. My mind is a little more open now.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by ufo reality

sounds like chinese lanterns..

:

really? chinese lanterns dont blink in order if made right they dont even flicker

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreyWolf2012
Thats what my brothers are saying more and more contact before 2012

I firmly believe that people are misinterpreting the Mayan calendar to say that 2012 is the point of contact. In reality, all of that is already starting now. Sixth day is where our world begins to change. Now.

It talks about social upheaval and just ... It isn't good. 2012 is after our society eats s*it and finds a new existence. Heck, even Nostradamus is cited as mentioning 'Weapons from the Heavens' will be unleashed on this planet.

Let's hope they are friendly to most of us. Anyone up for an Ex-politician bucket shoot? We are screwed by our own governments.

This was bound to happen. 2012 is Earth's ascension to a higher reality according to the calendar (you know, a reality where the average person isn't controlled by a minority of stupid, moronic, fools?)

People actually think that things aren't happening now! They are! This rotted corpse of a society might not make it through this month, much less to 2012.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I bet we wont get any good footage. I understand not getting good footage when there is a chance ufo encounter, but why is it when there are "flaps" where people see them damn near every night there never seems to be anyone who gets good footage then? You would also think that some UFO investigators would go there for a week and set up shop with some good cameras and stuff.

We'll see, but if recent history is considered nothing substantial will come out of this like all the rest. I wonder why?

We got footage from Stephensville why wouldn't we from this?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hi Newbie, 1st post. Re-Chinese lanterns.

I live in Belfast N.I. Several weeks ago on the one night they let off fireworks in Belfast, my wife and I were watching from our top floor apartment which is situated on top of a large hill. Our daylight view allows us to see beyond a range of mountains which are over 50 miles away. On this night we noticed an Orange/Pink light travelling rapidly across the distant horizon. At first we didn't recognise it as different from the fireworks. We were drawn to it because of the colour, speed and size. It then changed course and came straight towards us, eventually passing directly overhead and disappearing over the opposite horizon.
An hour later the same thing happened, only this time I had the sense to get out my Binoculars. The speed was so great that I had trouble keeping focus on it. Through the Binocs I saw Orange flames emitting from the bottom and noticed a stream of sparks trailing from it. I couldn't see any actual shape of what was above the flames.
Approx 90 minutes later it/them? appeared in the same place and followed the same course until it was above us when it suddenly executed a 90deg left turn and disappeared over Belfast city.
We live several miles from the city airport and are conversant with the sound and speed of planes taking off and landing.
The size of this light at the far horizon was several times larger than any plane lights that constantly fly into our view. No sound was heard at all, totally silent. The speed was very fast , we see a plane appear on the distant horizon every night and that takes 25 minutes to level with our apartment. These lights were travelling from our left side across to our front , turning 90 degs right and coming straight at us to the other horizon in less than 90 seconds.
There were numerous sightings of these lights in Belfast and across the water in GB on this and other nights.
So having taken all this time to explain I cansay they were not Chines lanterns.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eddiebelfast

Hi and welcome. I love hearing accounts of sightings thanks for sharing. I'm not buying the Chinese lantern theory either. Can't they come up with something better than that?

I live on the front range of the rocky mountains with our extreme winds & updrafts it's a struggle to even get a kite in the air without it coming down at 60 mph nose first. Semi trucks on our part of the interstate occasionally get blown over. Chinese lanterns are not a practical explanation for my neck of the woods.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
For those saying "grab a camera" realize that it's almost impossible to capture anything noteworthy at night with a standard cellphone/camera/camcorder. Don't believe me? Go outside tonight and try to take a picture/video of an airplane and then look at the results.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

All these sightings, So little video evidence. Why?

...and what good would the video evidence be?

I am so, SO fed up with sceptics continuously moving the goal posts...

Just an anecdote .... where's the photo?

Just an anecdote and photo's.... Where's the video?...

Just an anecdote, photo and video.... where's the trace evidence?

Just anecdote, photo, video, and radar tapes of a UFO ... where's the @tangeable evidence?... Where's the piece of UFO tailpipe?

... and on and on and on...

Photo/Video blurred... useless
Photo/Video clear... too good, therefore hoaxed/CGI'd
Witnesses are normal members of public... not expert enough, don't know what they are seeing, not credible
Witnesses are pilots/astronaughts ... They made a mistake and have misidentified something ordinary, they are going senile

... and on and on and on

@ ufo reality ... Thanks for bring these sightings to everyone's attention here.
Right now I really wished I lived in Texas

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i wasn't going to post anything about this...but seeing as we may have a "flap" on our hands:

I live in Nacogdoches,TX and was walking home from work last wednesday around 11:30 pm. I heard what sounded like a small plane flying relatively low coming towards me, so i took a gaze up and saw a triangle of lights, red in the front, green on one side, blue on the other. It reminded me of the reports of that triangle looking aircraft that gets reported every now and then.

So i kept walking, turned the corner, and heard the exact same sound of a plane coming from the other direction, like it made a circle, but, from my limited understanding of aviation, I couldn't piece together how it made that circle that fast, and to come back at that angle. If anyone wants, i can try to make a picture and post it to better explain the directions.

and for mr. "lets just take a picture or record it" i tried to take a picture...with my camera phone, snapped it, but you couldn't make anything out. and i, like most people I know, don't have a video camera.

but that was what I saw. may be nothing at all. just sharing.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
reply to post by StevesResearch

Even when photos are provided they are often dismissed. I'm not a professional photographer to be honest I don't have a decent enough camera to take a picture at night and I don't have a camera phone. Just a country hick I guess. Sorry to say we weren't prepared when we saw amber lights in the sky. At one point my only instinct was to leave & get my kids to town I'd had enough. I assumed it was military why bother with photos? That was until I got scared.

Photos can be analysed for their authenticity and can back up these reports. Using "they're often dismissed" and "I'm not a professional photographer" as your excuse for not taking one is rather weak in my opinion. It's better than simply taking a complete stranger's word for it.
Regardless of the quality of the photos they're better than nothing.

Why were you scared of amber lights? Did they act hostile towards you?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar

All these sightings, So little video evidence. Why?

...and what good would the video evidence be?

It would give us something other than text to go off, which for anyone who yearns for truth over speculation is a starting block.

I am so, SO fed up with sceptics continuously moving the goal posts...

No, a sceptic continuously asks creative questions to find truth in facts, avoiding speculation, a sceptic will question all evidence. The goalposts are the same... questions need to be asked.

Just an anecdote .... where's the photo?

Stories are fun but for a true researcher are nothing but timewasters or at best hints on their own. Some anecdotes help but there are millions out there that are false and cannot be proven true or not, therefore pointless but fun.

Just an anecdote and photo's.... Where's the video?...

Hmm Yes I guess if the photo is rubbish and there is valid reason for video to exist (like 28 sightings in 20 nights) then the question is common sense.

Just an anecdote, photo and video.... where's the trace evidence?

Yes, the next logical step. If you trust an anecdote, a picture and a video enough to make your mind up then I am sorry to say you are either uneducated in the ways of modern media or really wanting to believe something... maybe for reasons of escapism.

Just anecdote, photo, video, and radar tapes of a UFO ... where's the @tangeable evidence?... Where's the piece of UFO tailpipe?

This is different. Any sceptic would question the validity and source of the radar footage before demanding to see physical evidence, which would be pure stupor on behalf of the sceptic... who (although I am not one myself really) seem to be the most intelligent of all here on ATS.

Photo/Video blurred... useless

Yes, in a world where people want reliable answers that have a mature background and are not based in a yearning to believe... yes, blurred videos are terrible.

Photo/Video clear... too good, therefore hoaxed/CGI'd

Yeah, you're right, most of the good footage has been proven to be hoax... if you can link me to one that isn't I would be happy. There are some I know of, mainly the triangle ones and such. But most sceptics wont say they are cgi, they will just question validity to be ceratin they cover most angles.

Witnesses are normal members of public... not expert enough, don't know what they are seeing, not credible

Humans are very untrustworthy and those who believe their accounts without question are fools. Humans lie and more importantly are deceived by their senses... especially in recounting events

Witnesses are pilots/astronaughts ... They made a mistake and have misidentified something ordinary, they are going senile

I trust these guys.

I'm just saying we have to be mature about these things. We have to respect what the sceptic does and why. Take a look through my thread history, you will see I'm no sceptic. But I have learned from not blindly ignoring the sceptic. The sceptic is not my enemy he is a fountain of knowledge (sometimes a bit of a short tempered know all fountain of knowledge but still the sceptic is closer to the truth than the blind believer.)

[edit on 24-11-2009 by and14263]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

I understand your point. My excuse for not taking a picture was I didn't have a camera & still don't. I wasn't planning on seeing anything except for aircraft and a falling star or two. I had never seen lights before. It was back in 97. I didn't get my first computer until 98. It just seems to me most pics & sightings are chalked up to lanterns etc. You know I'm not pretending I saw anything other worldly. That's just it I don't know what I saw but it's not helpful for some of you to dismiss it as Chinese lanterns. I want a reasonable explanation. I've been looking for quite awhile now.

I wouldn't say the lights were acting hostile towards me. Like I said we assumed it was military. We had been watching lights darting around all week. I got the idea to flash my flash light at them. I flashed them 3 times & turned to sit down that's when I saw the amber lights hanging over the house. They weren't there when I'd gotten up. These lights were bigger hanging motionless in a row.

I'm out in the middle of nowhere. My husband was working that night my oldest son was with me. It's as if they knew we were there. It was one thing for the lights to be off in the night sky but over my house was just too close for my remote location.

Whoever they were I didn't like the fact that they were hanging over my house displaying weird lights that are not typical for aircraft. They would obviously know they had weird running lights but felt ok in displaying them to me. I had to wonder about their intent.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Fair enough. Your report does sound interesting. I know that we can't always be prepared for something like this.
I thought your sighting was related to this recent flap in Texas and I figured at least one person would be armed with a camera to document such an event.

I had a spectacular sighting myself about 20 years ago but as usual wasn't able to take photos. This was before mobile phones and digital cameras and I was in a public place when it occurred so I couldn't just grab my camera.

When dealing with a UFO flap in this day and age however, with the abundance of camera phones and digital cameras, you'd expect someone to take some photos.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by StevesResearch]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join