It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I've been looking over things lately, from everything to the news to here, and it appears that the government in the US is getting more and more suppressive. Is this being caused by the ever failing economy?

Its odd, but it looks like some big events will be happening sooner or later.

Now, if the government ever gets really like bad. Like I mean its clear that the constitution was being violated.

Everyone could just not pay taxes for a month. Its that simple. They would basically crash on top of themselves and if they try doing anything further they wouldn't have the funding to do it.

Just putting my thoughts out there...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If you lived in eu and especially uk, its like east germany now.

I think in your post you mean oppressive, and all governments are going to be become bigger and bigger.

Just think yourself ok, if you get through life without busy bodies dumb sheep that work for the government not just trying to absolutely wreck your life.

Americans have no clue yet on how bad governments can be, if you get to be like eu, you will.

I like the idea of the eu though, even though my life is absolutely destroyed, but in a perverse way i think.

Sadomasochistic types, are victims who like it in some way, and maybe now after 17 years, i have stockholm syndrome, and are beginning to relate to the people of power that have absolutely wrecked my life.

I have absolutely no freedom at all, and one day america will be the same, maybe your there already but not knowing it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, either way.

Apparently every governmental figure I have ever known about has done something wrong, besides the Kennedy's. Those guys were apparently the best so far. And one got shot for being so great. But other than that...

Its one of the reasons why I'm going into politics. If you look at things about the government, and your not happy with it. Its time to take things into your own hands.

I'm tired of the government not governing how its supposed to be. Maybe its doing the best they can? I have no idea. Its not very well either way.

A government shouldn't be a government unless its serving its people. The people are the ones who make it exist. And if the government is abusing its people, it doesn't deserve to exist.

I think its about due time for someone from generation Y to fix this? Curse my age. I'd be stomping out every corrupt figure by now.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Commando717

Good for you, but depending on how far you get into the system, yu will be like assimilated in you know what i mean. If you do not play ball, you will not move up and all that.

Even ron paul, must have shadows, that got him there, without us knowing.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Don't worry, I got this.

Of course your going to have to play ball, but when your voice starts being heard you can sway the side of the public to back you. And its not that hard by just using common sense.

I bet the US congress is still having trouble reading "Health Care For Dummies"

new topics

top topics

join