It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Psychology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Recently it seems that there has been an increasing awareness and interest about the issue on the existence of (intelligent) extra-terrestrial life. The reason for such phenomena is not entirely clear to me, perhaps somebody could throw in a couple of ideas here.

The fact is that even the Vatican is publicly addressing the issue. This surely proves my point about how this topic is being wide-spread to the masses and even to so called academics and researchers.

The consequence of such phenomena ranges from wild speculation to release of information from supposed inside or secret sources (even coming from the extra-terrestrial themselves). This is not bad at all in my perspective, even though all that we receive may not correspond with the actual objective truth. I think that it is healthy to exercise the imagination.

"What would they look like? Would their patterns of behavior be similar to those of human beings? Why? Is it possible that they are basically composed of something else besides carbon opening up further questions about life as we know it?"

All of these questions that open us up for more possibilities of existence are very interesting and productive in my opinion.

But for every useful thing there is an exageration of it which makes the thing itself start becoming counter-productive. And eventually our imagination will come across of what we can call the "Big Question" concerning the issue; that of intervention, be it in the past, in the present or in the future.

Underlying this big question there is a heavy philosophical debate that relates to ethics. And ethics is said to be one of the ultimate or more complex topics in philosophy, where one would need a heavy load of philosophical knowledge beforehand to address it properly.

Of course then that most people that discuss about alien intervention don't even dare to approach ethics philosophically, even though that would be the right thing to do, because this approach would probably consume one's entire life time in order to only understand the immense range of possibilities and problematics that ethics offer. And in the meantime one would realize that the knowledge gained would be more useful being applied practically and not only theoretically, thus making one forget or even logically discard the whole issue with extra-terrestrials.

Am I being followed here? I forget that I'm not writing to the philosophy folks but to the alien folks. I'll try to keep as simple as possible although I find myself undertaking a hard task.

When we make the big question we inevitably end up stumbling upon the "us and them" idea.

"Who are they? What do they want with us? Are they here to help or to exploit us? Maybe there are different ones with different intentions."

Well, this is where I want to get with all this. We are unable to understand what "them" is and what "they" would be up to if we first dont understand what "us" is and what "we" are up to. And who are we/us for instance? Humans? What are humans? What do we know about ourselves? What do humans want? What do we want?

All of these questions need to be correctly addressed before we start questioning "them". We cannot understand them before understaning us. Maybe we will find out that there really isnt any "them", but who knows?

How can one start thinking so far away (about them) without thinking first about what is so close (us)? When using reason one has to follow up step by step, starting from the beginning. If you try to skip steps you will eventually break your leg. And this happens quite often, we tend to skip steps because we are really conditioned to do so by the mass bombarding of information that we inevitably receive from the outer world. If we were to be completely alone for enough time we would soon realize that we have to start from the beginning, from what we currently have - and that is ourselves and our internal world. Not only that but we would also realize that its impossible to go any further before solving the first part of the puzzle - ourselves. What are we? What do we want? etc

I guess human beings do the jumping steps quite a bit without even realizing so and after they break their leg they are incapable of seeing the actual cause and keep breaking their legs over and over. Like eating more then you can actually digest, which will eventually make you unhealthy. And your unhealthiness will make you eat more because food tastes good and paying attention to what is wrong will only cause more trouble to your poor self that has no idea why it is so poor.

But here we are talking about the mind and reason, which can also become sick if not taken care properly. When using the mind we should follow some basic logical patterns to ensure its accuracy and health, just like having a good diet that will ensure and not hold back the use of our entire physical potential.

Well, untill now I havent really done much but pointing out a problem. Nothing of practical use has been said. I will try to offer now help for walking each step at a time instead of jumping stepts with no actual gain.

It will require a bit of patience and understanding of your part. Its a delicate issue and hard enough to convey my thoughts about it efficiently. But if you can't open yourself now to what I have to say next it will be just a matter of time for it to happen. I mean, how many times can one break its legs without admitting that they did something unreasonable or even stupid?

Let us realize now how many people talk about aliens here on ATS and their possible behavior towards us humans.

My question is: Do you think these people that talk so much about aliens know so much about themselves and all fellow human beings? Bcause that should be a pre-requesite to talk about bigger things that supposedly englobe this previous knowledge that I doubt they have. For instance, you can't talk about the physical universe if you don't even know what is the shape of the Earth.

Im quite positive about the answer to my question: No. They do not know about themselves and their fellow human beings as well as they seem to know about the extra-terrestrials. I challenge anyone that talks about aliens to talk about themselves and about humans in a perfect explanatory logical sense. And if someone is capabable of doing so great because all of us will learn something truly useful.

So what Im proposing here is not that people actually stop talking about aliens and their ways. You may talk about whatever you wish but it would be interesting to show your pre-requesite knowledge to talk about such thing so that we can take it exactly for what you say it is. If you are unable though to present that pre-requesite knowledge about ourselves what I propose here is that we start recognizing that when someone talks about aliens they are really talking about themselves and or simply about being human. If they are unable to offer this knowledge of the "we" (and I propose that we start making this enquiry to those who talk about aliens) surely they are talking about part of themselves of which they currently do not understand or recognize. For some reason this person that talks about aliens needs to create this super notion of distant, of beings that come from the other side of the galaxy. Is this all but fear of knowing thyself? We are weird, there is nothing weirder then us. Don't be scared of yourself.

I know this is a hard concept to grasp and because of that I encourage questionings for further ideological clearance.

Continues...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
But why are these people talking about themselves and felow human beings when using the word alien? Because they haven't realized that they skipped the first step (which is understanding themselves as humans). The word alien represents everything that is not understood. And there is a lot that is not understood. So when using the word alien in reality we will be referring to the first thing that we should understand but we dont, in this case ourselves, which is the number one thing to start knowing.

Why treat alien intervention as being something crucial to talk about? Why even care about such a remote possibility having in mind our current perception and experience?

The true alien which everybody speaks of is that person that you meet at the groceries store but you dont say hi to, dont give a smile and even avoid looking them in the eyes for some nonsensical reason.
You want to know what is like to be an alien and how they behave? Ask them the next time you encounter one on the corner of your street.

All that talk about reptilians being in power, pleiadians helping us out...Those are just weird names for entities exactly like yourself that you cant understand but need to make up something as to prove to yourself that you know a lot.

We are all the same, I am an alien to you if you dont understand me. And if I act a little weird Im from beneath the earth. If I act really weird Im from another galaxy.

Im not saying here that reptilians and pleiadians dont exist, Im just saying that we really cant know anything about them before knowing ourselves. And we do not know ourselves at this point.

Disclosure? Disclosure is in reality the understanding of ourselves in a global scale. The final revealing of the truth. Doesnt it all kinda fits together with the "apocalypse"? Revealing of truth, of who we are and what we really want.

Most of you are living for the moment when "others" will make the disclosure happen, you are wasting precious moments that you could be using to truly get to know those "aliens". All the answers are received introspectivelly.

I know its all very complex and I had a hard enough time trying to convey my thoughts, but I believe its time for true disclosure. And that depends only and stricly on yourselves and your willing to take responsability upon your experience here and now.

Its time to stop believing that something external will come and change everything or even that it is something external that is shaping everything as it is.

We ought to realize that its all about ourselves and that all the notion that something is coming or that there is something here already is just propaganda to keep us as a consumer herd that works for its own death.
Do you even have a notion how much you pay nowadays for dying? Its insane, stop looking outside, we have it all. Its all about ourselves and our willingness to become something more and transform this experience in a truly mindblowing one. Isnt that what we alien fans are actually looking for?

Extra-terrestrials wont even get close to us, and neither will we get close to them if we dont master this concept.

I can even positevely say that all this disclosure talk is disinformation and propaganda so that the "true disclosure" (that of ourselves) never really happens.

Every couple of months there will be more people promissing this disclosure, more evidence following to a gradual kind of disclosure, whatever it is. It is just giving you false hopes that something from outside will change everything.

But the only thing that can change everything comes from inside and thats what the ones that keep pushing this disclosure agenda dont want you to know or to realize.

Its all about ourselves, external events are just a trap in order to keep us from manifesting our true potential.
Dont fall for the trap again.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Excellent thread! I've said it before: Humans can't get along with each other, imagine adding ET's to the equation. It is true that most humans don't even know who they are, where they're from and where they're heading.

For many, disclosure is the unconscious wish for "others" to make immediate changes in our corrupt system. It doesn't work that way.
Some of the races out there have very high levels of consciousness. That's why they can't communicate with us for we have levels that are way too low, and they are not protected against the polarity present within the human conscience. Our experimental consciousness is the barrier between "us" and "them".

When humans will start to deconstruct human psychology, and discover all the inner workings of the mind and the human psyche, then they will be able to elevate their vibrational level, and therefore, the levels of consciousness will rise to levels that are similar to the races that are watching over the human experience.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Redefining Alien:

That part of ourselves that we currently do not understand and most await and/or most fear to acknowledge its existence, thus creating the sense that it is distant and outwordly when in reality it is closer and more familiar than primarily suspected. All it needs to be understood is attention and patience.

Don't let the other get you. There is no other. There is only us, and we all want the same thing. A thing that you can only have if shared, or else part of you will always feel that something is missing, since there is no other and all there is is you.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Hi, Geladinhu.

Talking about "Alien Psychology", see that :

Alien Mind book.

www.alienmindbook.org...

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Redefining Alien:

That part of ourselves that we currently do not understand and most await and/or most fear to acknowledge its existence, thus creating the sense that it is distant and outwordly when in reality it is closer and more familiar than primarily suspected. All it needs to be understood is attention and patience.

Don't let the other get you. There is no other. There is only us, and we all want the same thing. A thing that you can only have if shared, or else part of you will always feel that something is missing, since there is no other and all there is is you.

All that bafflegab just to tell me you think Aliens do not exist and that anyone who is interested in Aliens has a problem with themselves?

Roadapples!

[edit on 23-11-2009 by expat2368]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
All that bafflegab just to tell me you think Aliens do not exist and that anyone who is interested in Aliens has a problem with themselves?

Roadapples!

[edit on 23-11-2009 by expat2368]

No.

If you had read the thread you would know that my intention is not to debunk aliens. I really like this topic and do believe there are extra-terrestrials around. If thats what you got from me, I would also have a problem with myself because I'm interested in the subject.

My intention here was to point out that we are unable to efficiently debate and discuss about aliens without having a pre-requisite knowledge about ourselves. There is no point in talking about whats "out there" if we can't even understand what is "in here".

I'm helping us to take the first step on this path of knowledge. That bafflegap relates only to the first step - that of knowing ourselves.

After we are done with the first step then we will have a much more interesting and accurate discussion about aliens. Thats how reason works, step by step or else we will just fail again and again in understanding what we would like to understand.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
we are all one or are interconnected by the energy that makes up everything in the universe;

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Anybody else has thoughts on this?
I thought this would be widely discussed because as I mentioned this subject is being spread quite fast into society.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My dad said to me, he thinks aliens are us in the vast future coming back in time to observe the history of their time ?

They must see us as animals not to land on our planet, or just shy hehe. What are they doing hovering above us?
It's a bit like Steven Hawking developing a time machine inside a flying
saucer so we can observe the medival times from above so we dont interfere with the people in that period which would in turn affect the future, possibly in bad ways like non existance for example. This is a theory for why 'aliens' don't interfere with our lifes.

To understand 'aliens' then, we must understand ourself's. Bit like what your saying.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by jonnyc55]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Recently it seems that there has been an increasing awareness and interest about the issue on the existence of (intelligent) extra-terrestrial life. The reason for such phenomena is not entirely clear to me, perhaps somebody could throw in a couple of ideas here.

It is simple. There is more interest because people are beginning to loose hope. They need something to rely on, even if its virtual the most of the time. Thinking of ets as saviors or friends, allies, who knows. Thats the way the major part of ppl think.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Hey Geladinhu....I can relate. I was just talking to a good friend in this regard, last night. No matter where I exist in matter, space or time, I need to know who I am. That is the most important thing!

The sentiment of "man know thyself" has been repeated to humanity for some time now. It is something that takes work, more than I usually give it. However something of great importance and a task I should get down to more diligently.

I have been at it for some time now but I have much further to go.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
I have been at it for some time now but I have much further to go.

I feel you on this. I'm pretty much the same, have been working on this first step for some time now but I still have much further to go.

It takes work and patience. But it all comes gradually...as its supposed to! You just gotta keep your attention on it and eventually it will unfold.

Its just so hard to wait and maintain calmness!

Thats what meditation is for, learning to be in the now.

top topics

join