It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone please help me out that knows physics very well?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Konspiracy Brotha

I'm not sure we are at the denouement of physics at all. About a hundred years ago, the scientific community thought the same thing, to the extent that physics professors were actually telling their students not to bother continuing their studies in physics because 'it's all been done'. Well, all except a few 'little' problems like blackbody radiation, and when Max Planck found the solution to that, (quantized energy) the scientific community scoffed at first until they realized that he was right, and that led to all sorts of future discoveries and opened the realm of quantum physics.

I would say that we are at the denouement of *classical* physics. Quantum mechanics, however, still has a lot to offer us, I think. And take something as simple as gravity; we still don't know a lot about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I just wonder what Tesla's notes are worth. He was WAY ahead of everybody else in his time.

He even says that about himself.
Imagine people talk about just as he has said.
Page 91.
"The world was not prepared for it. It was too far ahead of time."
I just happening to reading "My Inventions" by Tesla but Bill Lyne
is the best at reading what Tesla is all about. Tesla always
used power through the air. His remote control boat or plane or
robot was powered by wire less. There will never be wireless
for us as this will be too close to the UFO operation.
Imagine the very thing that puzzles every one is in the statement
of Tesla's about the wireless power tower and people say it about
him. His notes are locked away and worth all oil and power companies
have and will keep those on top for the rest of the lockup. The notes
were proposed, well not specifically, to let into private industry in
an email to President Obama as an economic stimulus.
Nothing returned but a boiler plate response.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konspiracy Brotha
PHYSICS is passe, overrated, overhyped, ad nauseum...

Study ASTROPHYSICS (is the new PHYSICS...

The LARGE HADRON COLLIDER proves we are already at the denouement of Physics. What else is there after Mr. Boson? $9 billion on the LHC just to have the CHECK ENGINE lite come on! (i have a friend who could fix that for a nominal fee and a nickel bag).

It doesnt MATTER anymore, you see--because its all in the STARS.

And your qualifications for saying all this are what? Flipping burgers at a McDonald's near CERN headquarters in Geneva?

If I were you, I'd stick to making predictions about Paula Abdul's career. You seem to have got that right, at least.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konspiracy Brotha
PHYSICS is passe, overrated, overhyped, ad nauseum.
Study ASTROPHYSICS (is the new PHYSICS....

Astrophysics IS physics, they are not separate subjects. What you have said is akin to saying "Don't study surgery it is overrated. Study neuro-surgery instead"

The LHC was not built just to find evidence for the Higgs boson, it is to study collisions at higher energies than previous accelerators. After the LHC has done its job it is likely we will build another more powerful machine to study the next level of collision energies.

PS Thanks for bringing the word 'denouement' to my attention. I will try to use it in conversation to make myself seem smarter.

[edit on 28/11/2009 by LightFantastic]

MBF

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I just wonder where he got his insight into his ideas. I know that some people have a talent in some areas, but he was WAY ahead of anybody else.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The Feinman Lectures on Physics are a great start. Many regard Feinman as the greatest Physics lecturer ever. The Feinman Lectures on Physics were the Lectures Feinman gave when he taught his introductory physics course at Cal tech. They cover all the basics like: Newtonian Mechanics, E&M, thermodynamics, and some quantum mechanics. I have a set of books and I am pretty sure you can get the lectures on DVD.

Another good place to learn would be taking a physics class at a community college. It can be cheap and it gives you the opportunity to learn by interacting with other students and teachers. You may also get to do a few labs.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MBF

I just wonder where he got his insight into his ideas. I know that some people have a talent in some areas, but he was WAY ahead of anybody else.

Tesla worked in a different way with electricity.
It must have been known to others as there are articles
of Tesla relating to other scientists about ac electrostatics.
That Dollard video has some insight.
This can be determined is his writings and many publications and
what is written in studies about Tesla.
In a court transcript that many a Tesla researcher refers to,
I do not have the research, Tesla says his electricity is different
than Hertz. He didn't explain much more than that.

Some of the best theories about Tesla is the car ride with a Westinghouse
motor installed and some generator mentioned by TC Martin.

ED: I see the Dollard video never did allow my retraction of
instantaneous travel for the longitudinal wave. Smakes of dis information
to miss lead non Tesla readers.

[edit on 11/29/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 11/29/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I've heard great things about those lectures, though I have never read or listened to them. (I've seen them for sale in audio as well as book form) As well as teaching materials like his famous lectures (which probably have lots of math in them) he has written numerous popular science books that have little to no math, and he is good at making it interesting; from what little I know of him, he was a really humorous guy.

BTW, it is spelled 'feynman' (first name Richard) though it is pronounced 'fineman', just to help in case someone tries to google him and fails due to that :p

[edit on 29-11-2009 by DragonsDemesne]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join