It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raining Polar Bears SHOCK AD. (Warning: Graphic Content.)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

Originally posted by Kellter

I know they are trying to equate greenhouse gases to the declining polar bear numbers but come on.

Thing is the polar bears are doing just fine. Their numbers are actually increasing.

PETA and the people who did that ad... are just total idiots

1. Polar Bears are drowning.

2. PETA had nothing to do with the ad.

Fail.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21pm EDT

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - Polar bear populations in and around Alaska are declining due to continued melting of sea ice and Russian poaching, according to reports released Thursday by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Fewer polar bears have survived in the southern Beaufort Sea, which extends from northern Alaska to parts of Canada, and in the Chukchi and Bering Seas between northwestern Alaska and Russia, the agency's draft population assessments show.

Officials say the drop among the Chukchi and Bering bears is likely steeper than for those in the Beaufort, due to a more dramatic melt of sea ice -- which the bears need to travel and forage for food -- and an illegal Russian hunt believed to be killing 150 to 250 bears a year.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 11/23/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Let me ask, who is this video for?

Pardon the expression, but is this red meat for the 'believers' or is it intended to produce 'converts'? I'd like to understand that better.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I guess the add just doesn't affect me because I know they're cg bears. If the images were replaced with actual real footage, for instance baby seals being clubbed I would have a genuine reaction to it, that stuff makes me sick. But I get where you're coming from.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Good question.

I tend to believe that anything that drives a wedge between people, especially if there's an emotional component involved, is embraced by the powers that be. Those videos you posted seems to indicate that this group is getting a lot of media attention. As such, they may be playing right into the NWO's hand.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The ad should come with a selection control so you could change falling CGI objects to something else rather than polar bears which face it I don't really connect with. Now if you could switch to those cute little white baby seals or persian cats then I would care a little. Polar bears lost my interest when they sold out to Coke and started doing "Drink more soda and get fatter commercials every Christmas".

Or whales, now dropping humpback whales on the city of your choice - that would be dramatic. Also they need to add pedestrians on the sidewalks. Make the nessage more like, "If you are walking around in a big sinful city watchout - we WILL drop sperm whales on you!"

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

or how one certain fuel company is advertising creating fuel out of algea so we never run out of a fuel scource. and making them look all good and such.

what they are really doing is heavily investing into it do that they create the technologys to make it possible, and put worldwide patents on it. meaning they control the current fuel supplys, while holding hostage the futures.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
remind me of a thread a while back about global warming fighting as a new religion.

as long as there are people willing to make profit from lies this crap will continue.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

peta cracks me up. i guess its not enough to not kill or abuse animals now any kind of natural gas i admit amounts to killing an animal of an equivalent weight. hold on a second....pfft......i just killed a hamster.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

i can live in a world without polar bears and i could care less if man made global warming was true. hardly threatens me. i'd rather have my airline flights.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by urwatu8
The ad should come with a selection control so you could change falling CGI objects to something else rather than polar bears which face it I don't really connect with. Now if you could switch to those cute little white baby seals or persian cats then I would care a little. Polar bears lost my interest when they sold out to Coke and started doing "Drink more soda and get fatter commercials every Christmas".

Or whales, now dropping humpback whales on the city of your choice - that would be dramatic. Also they need to add pedestrians on the sidewalks. Make the nessage more like, "If you are walking around in a big sinful city watchout - we WILL drop sperm whales on you!"

Yes, yes! Screaming pedestrians, running for their lives.
Gas stations exploding; riots breaking out. Martial law is enacted.
And then the mothership comes and zaps us all to oblivion.

.....damn polar bears!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

And what will that solve? More than likely said engine will pollute water, return polluted water to our lakes, and rivers, and otherwise use up one of the most sacred resources on this planet........FRESH WATER! The entire problem with 21st century society is we are all too f'ing busy doing nothing but using up resources anyways. The entire world needs to slow down. Just because we make things more efficient doesn't matter. That just means the pace of life goes into overdrive and then we end up using more of another resource. Point being there is a certain carrying capacity of the world. We may not be approaching that point but some day we will if human beings survive long enough. Sustainable does not mean all of our problems are solved and we can continue living our gluttonous lifestyles making ever bigger footprint in the natural world. No it means we ALL have to learn to live and consume within our means and quit living like ever consuming pigs.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The ironic thing about this ad is there isnt a single light on in one of those office blocks, nor a gas-guzzling SUV around that city block (or any car infact), wheres the planes or the earth-destroying Humans?

The kind of shot themselves in the foot there because as all those Polar Bears were being killed, there were quite a few being saved from the lack of "co2 emissions".

A shame they overlooked that foresight.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
72,300,000,000 kg a from the scottish televisions a year. they should do an ad with scots falling from the sky.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's not shocking. It tries too hard to shock you thats why it doesn't work on me, its what they want out of me.

All it reminded me of was the poor souls who jumped and fell from the twin towers on 9/11

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Echelon117]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
1. Polar Bears are drowning.

Are you serious. I thought polar bears could swim long distances. What proof do you have that they were drowning?
Polar bears ARE NOT being considerably affected right now. That was another of Gore's fabrications. Four bears drowned in a storm is twisted by Gore, saying that polar bears are 'drowning in significant numbers'. Now is 4 polar bears considered 'significant' compared to polar bear populations? Considering that most studies say that populations are relatively unchanged.

2. PETA had nothing to do with the ad.

That's what's been said already.

Now lets have a look at the story in the link you provided.

There was an estimated 0.3 percent annual decline in the polar bear population in the southern Beaufort Sea between 2001 and 2007, with the total numbers likely hovering between 1,397 and 1,526 animals, according to the draft assessments.

So they're claiming the estimated 0.3% decline. That's less than 5 bears annually!!
Are they serious? When they're population estimates vary by 129, their rate of decline is less than 5 bears. Looks like more scare mongering to me.

Fail.

Some might say that was an 'epic' fail on behalf of that scare mongering article you just pushed.

As far as Polar Bears are concerned, the loss of their habitat is unfortunate, but there is very little evidence to show that humans have contributed significantly to that.
East Arctic Polar Bear Levels Increasing The biologist Mitchell Taylor believes populations are increasing. So do the local Inuit hunters.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This commercial's tactics is no different than 'The Daisy Ad' created by Tony Schwartz for LBJ to win the 1964 election. Take something that might pull on your heart strings and it will have an effect on you.

TiVo was a great idea to prevent mind manipulation from advertisers. Still can't prevent the same manipulation from the shows you watch, but hopefully you watch without believing everything you hear.

The connection to the falling individuals on 9/11 wasn't missed on me either. This ad just made me angry, not supportive of anything they push.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

It's "shocking" and "revolting" because it doesn't agree with the political views of certain posters here, that everything is just fine, let's ignore it, the corporatocracy knows what's best.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Their point is invalid, C02 is not a poison to the earth and there is no global warming caused by man or otherwise. Didn't you hear about the hacked emails from the so called scientists?

The whole darn thing is the largest scam ever produced and billions have been lost on phoney research, there will be an investigation and al goro should be tried, convicted and sentenced to be eaten by polar bears!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

If the work was done in the US it might cost as little as 20,000. US, done in the UK double the price. That is what I would charge them.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i have nothing against the video.

my suspicion is that many opposed to the video are more opposed to the message than the images.

furthermore i agree with:

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
What bothers me is commercials from Shell where the CEO or whoever is standing in a big green meadow and cuddling ducks and telling the world how wonderful burning pits of petroleum are for the environment. 'Cause see... he's cuddling a duck, it has to be true!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join