It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we not go to the Moon after all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
For a while, I dismissed the Moon Hoax theory, because I read a really good article by Philip Plait debunking it - but THEN I heard George Noory say that he interviewed an astronaut, I think it was Edgar Mitchell, and when he asked him what it felt like being on the Moon, he said "You know what, I don't remember."

Maybe the reason we haven't gone back to the Moon yet, and the government is pushing the year aside, is because now that we have the Internet, they would be caught if they faked it again?!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I think it was Edgar Mitchell, and when he asked him what it felt like being on the Moon, he said "You know what, I don't remember."

I've heard this before. I think that for some people, it would be a really emotional and overwhelming experience to go to the moon. This may cause someone's brain to block it, for whatever reason.

I've also heard it said that the government may have messed with their memories upon landing for whatever reason.

I wouldn't let Mitchell's statement bother you though. Buzz Aldrin has said what he remembers the moon smelling like. Also, to my knowledge, I've never heard another astronaut say that they didn't remember what it was like on the moon.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Don't know how reliable the onion news is but I came across this article the other day and if it is true its another testament in the bs our government pulls. How mad do you think Russia would be if we actually did fake going to the moon.

Conspiracy Theorist Convinces Neil Armstrong Moon Landing Was Faked

Story can be found here.
www.theonion.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think they went, but used more advanced technology.

Thats what they are hiding from us.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chaoticwolf88

The Onion is just really not reliable. It's hard to tell when they're kidding and when they're not.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
For a while, I dismissed the Moon Hoax theory, because I read a really good article by Philip Plait debunking it - but THEN I heard George Noory say that he interviewed an astronaut, I think it was Edgar Mitchell, and when he asked him what it felt like being on the Moon, he said "You know what, I don't remember."

Maybe the reason we haven't gone back to the Moon yet, and the government is pushing the year aside, is because now that we have the Internet, they would be caught if they faked it again?

There is also a famous quote by one of the astronauts when ask--
"What was it like to go to the moon?"
He replied "Unbelievable just unbelievable".
Nice name Donnie

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Did you read that 'article'? the onion is not a real news source, there are parodies, sarcasm, satire etc...

Just this quote should have given away the real meaning behind the story:

According to Armstrong, he was forced to reconsider every single detail of the monumental journey after watching a few persuasive YouTube videos, and reading several blog posts on conspiracy theorist Ralph Coleman's website, OmissionControl.org.

And this one is priceless:

In a symbolic display of his newfound skepticism, Armstrong then grabbed a collection of moon rocks he had kept as souvenirs and dramatically dumped them into a trash can.

Seems you missed on that

Kai

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The Onion is satire. It's just for giggles. Some stories will just parody real news stories while others can be completely made up. It is absolutely the farthest thing from a reliable source. It's not unlike the now defunct Weekly World News who posted weekly predictions of Armageddon.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Maybe the reason we haven't gone back to the Moon yet, and the government is pushing the year aside, is because now that we have the Internet, they would be caught if they faked it again?

There is also a famous quote by one of the astronauts when ask--
"What was it like to go to the moon?"
He replied "Unbelievable just unbelievable".
Nice name Donnie

haha thanx. donnie actually isn't my real name, it's after a movie.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I don't know if we went to the moon or not [I have my doubts] but wouldn't you think by now almost 40 yrs later we would have some sort of moon base to spring board us to other planets? What do we have? The shuttle....

I find it hard to believe anything NASA says......

[edit on 23-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah I happened to stumble onto that site the other day and some of the stories were out there even for a tin foil hat wearing fool like me.
HAHA I dont really wear a tin foil hat, it interferes with the radio transmissions coming from my teeth.
Now that the S & Giggles are out of the way

On a serious note, I had saw somewhere a few years back that some of what we see in the tapes is a mix of live & staged footage only because the space race was such a heated battle between the US & Russia and not only did we not want to lose to Russia but we didn't want to broadcast a failed attempt and be made a mockery of. Take it for what it is but until we stop talking and take back our country from the powers that be they are going to continue to lie and cover up their dirty little secrets and it doesn't matter because they know you aren't going to do nothing about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
The Onion is just really not reliable. It's hard to tell when they're kidding and when they're not.

You just made my day! Hilarious!

I have the same problem with Mad Magazine.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ImplausibleDeniability]

new topics

top topics

join