It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill to audit Federal Reserve passed in committee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If they stick to there guns, the pressure will have to be put on the Senate to keep it veto proof.

HR 1207, sponsored by Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), currently has 313 co-sponsors in the House from both sides of the aisle, which is a veto-proof majority. A companion bill in the Senate (S 604) has 30 co-sponsors.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34
Uh wait a sec before you start cheerin...what has changed since the bill was "gutted" earlier in the month by the House Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, under Chairman Mel Watt?

www.silverbearcafe.com...

No, the amendment passes as well from Ron Paul. All of it is back in.

www.ronpaul.com...

Audit the Fed Amendment Passes 43-26!

After several hours of heated debate, the Paul-Grayson “Audit the Fed” amendment passed 43-26 in the House Financial Services Committee earlier today. The amendment calls for a comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve and replaces the opposing “placebo” amendment proposed by Mel Watt.

The Paul-Grayson initiative is an amendment to Barney Frank’s HR 3996, also known as the “Financial Stability Improvement Act of 2009″. The Committee was going to vote on that bill today, but Barney Frank surprisingly postponed the vote until after the Thanksgiving recess:

(Rep. Barney) Frank told the panel that most of the members pushing him to postpone the vote were members of the Congressional Black Caucus who said that the political environment wasn’t right for a vote this afternoon.

“It’s my understanding,” Frank said, “that the issues being addressed are not internal to this bill.” In other words, the Democrats were not expressing particular problems with the bill itself, but the larger problems in the economy made them reluctant to support a bill that could be portrayed as too friendly to Wall Street.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is indeed historic news!

However, I have to agree with those saying that the Fed will transfer it's power to a world bank before they go down even though they pretty much are already a world bank considering who secretly controls them.

I expect that a new currency will be established if the Fed goes down such as the Amero.

[edit on 11/23/2009 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
End the Fed. Now. And never again.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Barney Frank disgusts me.. what a bloody useless waste of life. He's about as useful as an infected hang-nail.

Barney Frank already indicated to a staffer “that he will continue to look for opportunities to alter the Paul amendment.” And Fed-funded “economists” will try to convince the public of the importance of Fed “independence” (that is, secrecy), and threaten us with economic disaster in case the Fed is opened up to independent scrutiny.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmarehalo
This is indeed historic news!

However, I have to agree with those saying that the Fed will transfer it's power to a world bank before they go down even though they pretty much are already a world bank considering who secretly controls them.

I expect that a new currency will be established if the Fed goes down such as the Amero.

[edit on 11/23/2009 by nightmarehalo]

If we End the Fed. Point out the True History of whom they are.
Print our own money and tank the Federal Reserve Note "that they own".
How do you think they will handle all the debt they owe?
They make the debt, we make debt to them. So if we default, technically they have to stand up to it.

This is the one archelles heal that they have. How are they going to stand up to China and Russia? Wow 13 familes and some hired cronies.........

They can have their power taken from them at any time. We in the world give it to them, and we can with one swift stroke can take it away. Nothing will change for the most part.

Power will balance. The birds will still sign, the flowers will grow.

It would be better to have "We the People" back in power after 96 years of this. Most of the world is tied into these bastards.

Most in the world would love to get rid of them. But without the US doing it, they do not dare. Right now, until we decide other wise, they have our Military Industrial Complex to do the bidding for them.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
reply to post by j2000

Barney Frank disgusts me.. what a bloody useless waste of life. He's about as useful as an infected hang-nail.

Totally agree on that one!

2nd line

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
This is very dangerous for the US dollar and the American people. If they have their backs against the wall, i know something like a false flag attack will occur. Why would they allow the opening of their books and secrets. They have been all powerful since 1913.

I agree with you on this. But I look at it from a different angle; I think if this audit happens it will only happen because this is what the Fed wants and they have an alterior motive. I am not sure what that would be other than it will somehow work in their favor and be just another brick in their NWO wall.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." — Henry Ford

Get ready!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
If ET disclosure occurs and the Fed is out of the picture, then we are on the road to abundance, eventually, and will have to just sit back while the old paradigm crumbles. Allegedly, Earth is the only planet still bound by the shackles of the monetary system. Once we are exposed to other cultures and see how harmoniously they live without money, we will adopt much of the same. Free energy for all, de-cellinization of oceans = water for all, Programmed Life Forms = manual labor for all. we will all be free to progress in untainted educational endeavors as we progress spiritually and technologically in peace for the first time in Earth's history. There will be a one world gov't that provides all of our basic needs, no strings attached, and the only requirement is that we devote a few hours a day a few days a week to something of our choosing that benefits the whole, with the freedom to change "careers" at will. Maintain that vision and the law of attraction will bring it forth.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillowhead14
Programmed Life Forms = manual labor for all.

errr........ isnt that what the "elite's" goal is with us?
programmed life forms for manual labour?

dont start thinking like them. programming life forms is slavery.
Man up and learn to enjoy the benefits of working for yourself

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
We're just bacteria consuming it's host. Someone will always control the spread.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

I agree with you on this. But I look at it from a different angle; I think if this audit happens it will only happen because this is what the Fed wants and they have an alterior motive. I am not sure what that would be other than it will somehow work in their favor and be just another brick in their NWO wall.

..Or maybe its because there are over 300 million pissed off Americans putting pressure on the Fed.. and not just hr 1207. If they pull this one off and avoid the audit all together or end up getting audited but a very weak audit.. that wont be good enough (nor should it be) for the pissed off 300+ million Americans and will eventually have to open the books whether they like it or not. The people have the power, its just the people have forgotten they have the power and the Fed will get away with whatever they can until the people begin to march. Its time to make these criminals accountable and not rely on congress to regulate what should happen because we know what happens when either the Fed or congress regulate things.. it backfires on the people.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kidney thief

the reality of programmed life forms is a proven fact. not only has steven greer presented written documents and witness testinomy on the reality, but according to contactees this is a reality on other worlds (could u imagine highly advanced ETs getting their hands dirty?). the only reason in my mind why they would have us being the programmed manual labor workers is so that they can continue controlling the world with increased ability. More likely, thats just one of the many speculative threats people conjur up out of fear

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Auditing the Fed won't mean a thing in a couple of weeks when Obama cedes our sovereignty in Copenhagen. Click on my signature below and add to that thread, people on ATS need to know this now.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure I see the point to this? Isn't it like getting the tobacco industry to provide a report on the health effects of smoking? It will just be one big smoke & mirrors routine...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Auditing the Fed won't mean a thing in a couple of weeks when Obama cedes our sovereignty in Copenhagen. Click on my signature below and add to that thread, people on ATS need to know this now.

Is that before or after Obama switches us to the Amero?

The boogey man is coming for you!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thanks j2000 for keeping us up to speed on developments.

Originally posted by Arkansas
I don't understand why this is such a grand thing. Its going to drive the fed and gov. into the same house centralizing the power.(even more)

How much more centralized could it be? You have the former president of the Fed as US Treasurer, while the Fed itself is conveniently immune from Congressional and public oversight because it supposedly has to remain independent! It's a shell game.

Why do you suppose the Fed is making such desperate efforts to block this? They're afraid of becoming more centralized???

It's a many-headed hydra, but that doesn't mean it couldn't eventually be slain.

The frantically drafted Watt amendment was designed to completely neuter H.R. 1207:

Federal Reserve Vice Chair Don Cohn and General Counsel Scott Alvarez spent much of the day calling committee members, urging them to oppose the Paul-Grayson amendment in favor of Watt's, a member of Congress who asked for confidentiality told HuffPost.

Paul's opponents also placed a letter from former Fed chairmen Alan Greenspan and Paul Volcker on the seats of every committee member. Such a move is in violation of House rules and Grayson was able to have the letters removed

Fed Beaten: Bill To Audit Federal Reserve Passes Key Hurdle

Alan Grayson speaking before the Watt amendment was defeated.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
I'm not sure I see the point to this? Isn't it like getting the tobacco industry to provide a report on the health effects of smoking? It will just be one big smoke & mirrors routine...

That analogy would hold if the Fed was being asked to audit itself. Of course there'll be smoke and mirrors - there always is.

On the other hand - if enough folk shared your defeatism, they wouldn't need any smoke and mirrors. Fortunately, many Americans are pressing hard for this.

Just for good measure, Alan Grayson grilling Citigroup CEO Vikram Pandi:

[edit on 24-11-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I got a feeling Obama's gonna shoot it down...

Why else would he take Bernanke?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join