It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccine Damage Payments Act 1979

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
halo, i found aoutdated act and emailed the originator to see if if it still valid and if it covers swinecine too www.uk-legislation.hmso.gov.uk...

here is her responce:

I apologise for the delay in responding but I have only just returned to the office.

Vaccine Damage Payments are one-off, tax-free lump sum payments for people who become severely disabled as a result of vaccination against certain diseases. The payment is not compensation but is designed to ease the burdens of those suffering from a severe disability which is considered to be a result of vaccination against a specified disease. Receipt of a vaccine damage payment does not prejudice the right of an individual to seek compensation through the courts if they wish.

I can confirm that the Statutory Instrument, which added human papillomavirus to the list of prescribed diseases in the Vaccine Damage Payments Act 1979, is still in force.

I can also confirm that influenza caused by the pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus was added to the list of prescribed diseases covered by the Vaccine Damage Payments Act 1979 recently and came into force on the 10 October 2009. As you may be aware the Vaccine Damage Payments scheme essentially covers those vaccines given routinely in childhood. This addition to the Vaccine Damage Payments Act was made in the unusual circumstance where a vaccination programme may be rolled out to the entire population. The Department for Work and Pensions, who administer the vaccine Damage Payments scheme, agreed to make this exception to the normal use of the scheme to help progress the Department of Health’s H1N1 immunisation programme aimed at tackling the swine flu pandemic.

I am afraid I cannot advise whether there is other legislation in place relating to vaccinations.

Regards

Nada

Nada Balasingham
Disability and Carers Benefits Policy
0207 449 5276 (ext 65276)

so looks like you have some rights (in UK)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

This time is no going to be so easy in 1980 the government change the way that people will get pay for side effects of children vaccinations.

The last time the government embarked on a major vaccine campaign against a new swine flu, thousands filed claims contending they suffered side effects from the shots. This time, the government has already taken steps to head that off.

Vaccine makers and federal officials will be immune from lawsuits that result from any new swine flu vaccine, under a document signed by Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, government health officials said Friday.

Since the 1980s, the government has protected vaccine makers against lawsuits over the use of childhood vaccines. Instead, a federal court handles claims and decides who will be paid from a special fund.

The document signed by Sebelius last month grants immunity to those making a swine flu vaccine, under the provisions of a 2006 law for public health emergencies. It allows for a compensation fund, if needed.

The government takes such steps to encourage drug companies to make vaccines, and it's worked. Federal officials have contracted with five manufacturers to make a swine flu vaccine. First identified in April, swine flu has so far caused about 263 deaths, according to numbers released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If the Administration were serious about preparing for an avian flu pandemic--or for ANY health disaster for that matter--the money would be spent on developing reliable infrastructures at the state and local level. What we witnessed in New Orleans was bedlam and health care workers abandoned without basic first-aid equipment.

Instead, the Administration is paying for vaccines that have no relevance to avian flu. The only beneficiaries of this $7 billion public give-a-way are the biotech andpharmaceutical industry. Furthermore, "Bush's plan would also make drug or vaccine companies less vulnerable to lawsuits over safety or side effects.�

Indeed the public is utterly unaware about a radical bill, the "Biodefense and Pandemic Vaccine and Drug Development Act of 2005"(S. 1873), that has already passed the Senate HELP committee in one day--without so much as a public hearing! The bill, according to those who have read it, is "a drug company stockholder's dream and a consumer's worst nightmare."

When the original Homeland Security Act was signed into law (2002) , someone �mysteriously� inserted a clause giving Eli Lilly immunity from parents who were suing the company for its mercury-laced vaccines.

Do further searches on Bioshield II and Bioshield Act of 2004.

These people have got all the angles covered!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

www.ahrp.org...

Here was my source for the above info!

top topics

join