It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limewire Pro on Windows 7 grrrrr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ok I have limewirePro and windows 7, does anyone else have a problem with it? I cant get it to work. It says no internet connection which is a crock because I am online on ATS and Skype. My friend is gonna look at it but I want to know if any other Windows 7 users are having this problem. My friend said he put Limewire Pro on 8 laptops and Im the only one with problems, but Im the only one with 7......oh how I miss my Mac

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Tisk tisk tisk.. You knew this would happen if you betrayed us mblah.. :shk:

I am sure it has something to do with the parameters of what Windows 7 allows. I can't really help you other than to say check out a windows 7 forums and find out what you should set your outgoing/incoming to. Limewire gets all confused if it doesn't have everything just right, so I'm sure you just need to set it to a different gate.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Yup Im being punished for getting a PC..lol No I couldnt afford a new Apple and mine was too much to fix and I needed a laptop for work and school so I had to go to the other side..lol I have never owned a PC only Apples. However my friend is going to fix my Apple now! I told him to work on it in his spare time so I am able to get the money to fix it (appx 800!!!) then I will have both and I am pretty sure I will use my Apple more..lol My friend who is fixing the Apple is gonna look at my Limewire today. He put it on there along with photoshop delux and Illustrator
Those I have no problems, just Limewire.... I need new CDs!!! lol Grrrr!! I was just wondering if any other 7 users have Limewire and if they had any problems with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Some friendly advice: uninstall Limewire immediately, the whole network is nothing but viruses and malware. We all know what its used for but its not worth the risk to your system's security and data, there are far better ways to get what you want without the risks.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just check your firewall mblah and you shall be wiring your limes in no time.

How do you like having sound though? Kinda neat being able to listen to the video's don't you think?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Ok I have limewirePro and windows 7, does anyone else have a problem with it? I cant get it to work. It says no internet connection which is a crock because I am online on ATS and Skype. My friend is gonna look at it but I want to know if any other Windows 7 users are having this problem. My friend said he put Limewire Pro on 8 laptops and Im the only one with problems, but Im the only one with 7......oh how I miss my Mac

..as helig said,limewire is viral city,I would stay away.
Most likely you haven't configured your firewall properly.
and you may have to use xp compatibility mode if limewire doesn't support windows 7

[edit on 23-11-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Limewire is terrible, do not use it. Use Frostwire instead. I us that instead of limewire. Besides, if u are only downloading songs, u can clearly tell which ones are virii by the size of the file. A song is normally around 3500kb to 7500kb. If u find a song that is under 1000kb, dont download it.
And frostwire states it is compatible with Windows7.
Frostwire

tsk tsk for using limewire this long....

top topics

join