It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Nuclear Test Site - Strange and unusual activity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The NTS is a relatively small area

You really do not know what you are talking about.

This place is HUGE.

The crater with the water and salts in it is what others have posted.

Most of the area was a sea at one time million of years ago.

There is a lot of tests done by other agencies other than the military.

The DOD does not even own the NTS it is the Department of Energy.

There are no chain link fences with razor wire around the facility it is to big.

I read these silly posts and look at the pictures and laugh because a lot of times you all will be focusing on some innocuous site and not even see the real mystery right beside it.

I spent a month at this place and was all over it doing business.

Why do they build so many facilities underground in the desert?

It is COOLER there!!!!!!!! The place can get up to 120 degrees in the summer.

An underground facility is always 55 degrees.Throw in people and machines it will warm up to 70 and no air con is needed.

Did I mention this place is ran by the Department of ENERGY?

Do you all see power lines there? No they are underground.

Do you see a water plant or a sewage disposal or a trash dump?

Think about that.

Do you see roads that lead off into the desert and just end but there appears to be only mountain side?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

This coincides with what my grandfathers brother use to say about groom lake. He use to say it was too big to build a fenc around, they had radiation problems so they didn't want anyone out there because "god know what woudl happen to them if they walked out to the wrong place" In teh seventies (not sure about now) they would evacuate the base because of radiation levels causing "mysterious activity" and nothing really ever happened out there except monitoring and some testing of "stuff" non of which he thought the general public would care about or understand but not something we wanted the "Russians" to see... He also us tell me if people said they were from Groom lake to ask them what was behind the "blue door" it might have been green. But because of him Groom lake has never been very interesting to me, unless its a plot device for a sci-fi story.

Great post calcoastseeker.

Nice pics though. I enjoyed thinking about them alot.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ishmaael

Whats in the crater is more then likely snow. look at the months. a Large crater would provide early shade allowing for the Evaporated moisture to freeze over night. Also keep in Mind the Nevada Dessert does drop below the freezing point at night in winter, and frozen precipatation does accumulate in the dessert, even enough to cause flash floods after dawn. Knowing the time of day these were taken could validate this. Once I have a chance to do some guess work using the shadows I'll let ya know what I find.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
like the post. star and flag fer you

I'm sure some of it (liquid stuff) is experiments on cleaning up after nukes,imagine the advantage that would give.

I'd be amazed if they haven't tried that in some form or other,like for oil spills.

should try to find a military manual on satellite reconnaissance to help with this stuff.there must be one somewhere.

things look much different from above and it's easy to make mistakes

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The underground building with the driveway entrances in photo B sometimes called an "igloo" is a no-joke building. walls and floor slabs that are several feet thick concrete with an unimaginable amount of 1" steel rebar. Then covered with several feet of compacted earth.

Never worked anywhere inside the test site, but I can only imagine what else has been built. It must be crazy to be an engineer out there!

In regards to the liquid filled craters, it looks like there is some sort of fence around it. It's weird because what looks like washes that go down into it don't go past the fence. Hard to imagine that much erosion from the very little rainfall especially with no drainage into it.

I say ground water leeching minerals to the surface. Maybe the nuclear blast cracked the earth causing an underground aquifer to surface some ground water. Rain and snow 100+ miles away could affect the rise and fall of the water table.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I first noticed that tunnel when google earth started and the roads which lead away from it to what looks like a dead end,definitely a tunnel system

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Something is happening in that area, thats for sure. That large instrument that is casting a shadow in the crater, it can't be a billboard and I don't think its to tell people that radiation is there. Also that A and B photo has me wondering also. There is a definite circle around A, almost perfect of bleached soil it seems.and it's extended to B. That can only be explained by two things. One, something under ground is making that area that composes the installation to bleach out the area of the soil. Two, some form of field technology is being used and manipulated and we are seeing the results of areas being exposed to the many field systems (like force fields or magnetic "spheres"). I really want to say it's some form of field technololgy, because who would want to work in an environment where the work structure itself is giving off a form of radiation. If it's bleaching out the soil, what is it doing to you.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

The large metallic door is supposed to be another bomb testing platform.

DOE has a large index of many of the features here on their website www.nv.doe.gov... the pyramid one I mentioned in an earlier post being the BEEF (Big Explosives Experimental Facility) www.nv.doe.gov...

I'm trying to locate the website link for the large 'metal door' but from what I read it was to test bombs also..

But the CT in me says they'll show you one thing while doing another

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
Come on guys dont get your knickers in a twist over the "pond"

Its pretty obvious its just a large reserviour of rain water, the mysterious white stuff is just salt deposits from where it dries out. Nothing weird about that at all.

If that's the case, then you have to ask the obvious question WHY this is the ONLY double crater in the entire test site ... and even if it by some chance simply rainwater, then WHY do none of the other craters also contain the same substance ?
Obviously, whatever the substance may be ... it strongly implies that this double crater is being used for some special purpose.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan

How do you get updated google earth images.

If you download the latest version of GE, it contains a "clock" icon on the top menu bar ... this allows you to display a particular area but on different dates.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
Great work on the thread. s/f

My question is, the door you measured to be 12m, is "B" the shadow that is being caused by "A"? Also, that dark line that is running towards the mound, what is that? I am horrible at estimating the size of the shape but it looks similar to other photo's containing cables.

Hi moocowman

As far as I can tell, the "B" line is completely seperate and independant from "A".
To me, it looks like "B" is an actual straight edge on the side of the crater ... as if deliberately constructed.

And the dark lines apparently are some kind of "cable", perhaps electrical or data.

But to be so visible from a viewing height of 1.5 kms, just imagine the size of the diameter of these "cables" ... must be metres in diameter ...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Those places are not as radioactive as people think. Mountain rock, sand... they don't hold the extra energy like heavy metals, it purges pretty fast. What you have is a huge hollow area under ground that you can do what you wish. Store nuclear material, secure labs, thunderdome fights....

There has been a plan on the books for decades to just fill all those areas with nuclear reactors and stick em on the grid. Energy for the nation, and if one goes boom no worry of contamination like above ground facilities.

Keep at it, you get enough pictures of different things going in, you can start to formulate what they are doing by putting the pieces together. Could just be a big "Obama run here" house given how pissed people are getting.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Other then an EAIL.... teh, ande perrcolation up these, spent fuel can be reycled yet the some current o indicates tess of to the entire most" What better eay ro diswade the to continyy you curious, angers such, they want to keep working yet Sacring people, but lpp; under the bed, and or your going to die, get very ssick In theory my music

Have much more, will post soolnget back to yt more soon, thanks. Spell checker need access, need option's, plezse e-mail arbiture@comcast . need SPELL
THANKS and such poor grammer , sorry

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
And another interesting image ... most likely has a very simple explanation (that we'll never get to know !
)

Just bear in mind that these images were taken from an altitude of 1.5kms, so whatever type of equipment it may be ... it must be huge when standing next to it at ground level.
I wonder what those 2 rectangular white objects/devices are attached to the end of the black "cables" ?

they seem to be attached to the centre of a large crater that appears to have been heavily worked on and possibly cemented over (?) to give it that flat looking appearance.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b67c39e1865.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aef07eae6363.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Insane information , it is most likely a highly active nuclear test facility that is underground and unknown. I'm sure there are many of these but this is the stuff they pay for anonymously.Good post

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
After looking at these photos carefully, it occurred to me that nothing looks unusual at all here. Of course there are underground bunkers and deep silos in the ground... this is an UNDERGROUND test facility. Where is the mystery?

For example, in the second picture, I see a square hole (black area) with a door that is open. For those who think that is a shadow, it is not. Look at the left and bottom edge of the black area and you will see the lighting that indicates you are looking at a hole, not a shadow. Also, the black area is not connected to the lighter door (which some are calling a building), which is also inconsistent with a shadow. Thirdly, shadows are not 100% black like this hole is.

So why a big square hole in the middle of what looks like a crater? Well, how do you think they put the test devices underground? Those devices were not something you just carry out there, dig a hole and bury. Deep vertical tunnels were dug and the devices were lowered into them and most likely covered over with dirt or some other material. That big square hole with the door opened is likely a tunnel that hasn't been used, but was prepared to be used. Remember, the last underground nuclear testing in the US was in 1992 and no more nuclear testing is done anywhere in the world, except in North Korea (contrary to world approval).

Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia's entry on the Nevada Test Site:

"Each of the underground explosions -- some as deep as 5,000 feet -- vaporized a large chamber, leaving a cavity filled with radioactive rubble. About a third of the tests were conducted directly in aquifers, and others were hundreds or thousands of feet above the water table.[4]

When testing ended in 1992, the Energy Department estimated that more than 300 million curies of radiation remained, making the site one of the most radioactively contaminated places in the United States. In the worst affected zones, radioactivity in the tainted water reaches millions of picocuries per liter. (The federal standard for drinking water is 20 picocuries per liter.) Although radiation levels in the water have declined over time, the longer-lived isotopes will continue to pose risks for tens of thousands of years.[4]

The Energy Department has 48 monitoring wells at the site and recently began drilling nine deep wells. Because the contaminated water poses no immediate health threat, the Department has ranked Nevada as a low priority for cleaning up major nuclear weapons sites, and it operates far fewer wells than at most other contaminated sites.[4]"

I really don't see any mystery here at all. Water from drilled wells in order to monitor radiation levels. Black piping to help in that process also. Doors from vertical tunnels left opened because they were abandoned. This place is a relic that is being monitored because of it's intense radiation levels.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, the second mysterious object (the diamond shaped one) is the roof of a tower and its nearby shadow.

I thought the first one could also be a shadow, but it doesn't seem possible - it's not angled the right way.

No clue what the others might be, but you can bet they were testing a whole lot of things. I recall that they built a whole village, complete with "dummies" representing people, to see what effect a nuclear explosion would have on a nearby town. I'm wondering whether some of those other mystery objects are what's left of something we'd recognize, except it got blown up by a nuclear bomb.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh, as far as the two large white towers with black cables going into the ground... those are test towers... the towers stood upright and the black cables were connected to the nuclear devices deep under the earth... very cool that we get to see them for real. Notice how the same towers with cables are shown in this image from Wikipedia's article on "Nuclear Weapons Testing" :

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

In looking at the May 23, 1906, image again, I agree with whomever said the black thing looked different in several ways than the other structures in the image.

Do you suppose it is something in the air over the facility, closer, and that is why it is more clear? The amount of clearcut light reflection is telling, I think. And that black square to the lower right of it. Is that the thing's shadow on the ground below? Granted, the two side protrusions don't seem to be visible. (I failed to check the angle of sunlight before I started this.)

Would that not be a great place for the milatary to build and hanger atomic-powered ships? That way spy satellites with nuclear radiation detectors could not find them among the dirty background there.

As a matter of fact, does the shape of that dark object resemble the shape of something sticking out of the protective earth hanger in the earlier image?

It is intresting, telling and funny how we each can have different interpretations of what we "see" in unclear pictures. That's what makes it so much fun!

OK now what will the official paid debunkers say to take the heat off this area?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
And another interesting image ... most likely has a very simple explanation (that we'll never get to know !
)

Just bear in mind that these images were taken from an altitude of 1.5kms, so whatever type of equipment it may be ... it must be huge when standing next to it at ground level.
I wonder what those 2 rectangular white objects/devices are attached to the end of the black "cables" ?

they seem to be attached to the centre of a large crater that appears to have been heavily worked on and possibly cemented over (?) to give it that flat looking appearance.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aef07eae6363.jpg[/atsimg]

For whatever reason, that reminded me of what this thing might look like outside. (Not saying that's what it is, but rather what it reminded me of)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join