It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chandrayaan discovers presence of magnetic spheres on the far side of the moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

I perfectly understand you, my friend. I also see lot of unexplained things around me. Moon exploration being one of them. I hope I'm quite open to new views and I usually do not attack theory per se but factual contradiction to theory. It mean that I take in to the question causal relation projected out of theory on phenomenon. I don't impugn theory nor phenomena per se.

OP article is - as was said earlier - popular journalism. That is why it may imply "solid metal balls". But "magnetic spheres" as force fields, are much more plausible to common sense. Why? We know that magnetosphere in general serve as protection against space radiation hence it is useful for bases on Moon. Second hint is SARA technology based somehow on interaction between solarwind/cosmic radiation and moon surface (+ magnetic anomalies).

Once again I don't say there are no artificial structures on Moon. I just think that we are dreaming above purely composed article.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Before I type this out...

**WARNING*** There may or may not be real science in this thread. I am THEORIZING. Anyone who needs to be an idiot and rip me a new one needs a kick in the butt.

That said:

I am going to guess that the micro magnets are like this due to the effects of the static electric forces of the moon, combined with any combination of solar wind/ temperature spinning these things to mimic a planet's magnetosphere- and the net result was picked up by the probe's instruments. Instead of lugging tons of equipment to just make a huge one, how about they study exactly how this works on the moon, and then figure out how to influence these things to make the field stronger?

BTW- does the moon have a magnetic field of it's own? I get this odd impression it's either nonexistent, or it's incredibly weak. Would Mercury have this effect? If not, why?

Weird rambling over.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

No micro magnets! None! It is a mistranslation of " a mini-magnetosphere".

The moon has no global magnetic field but it has been known that it does have various "bubbles" of magnetism. It has been theorized that these bubbles could create localized "magnetospheres" which would provide some shielding from the solar wind. The results of the experiment provides evidence that localized magnetospheres can exist but it is not the first time such evidence has been found.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

G'day Phage,thanks for setting things straight here on my thread

We may find some information releases but it doesn't mean one completely understands it but understands enough to figure this is significant leaked news.

I was waiting for your appearance you were a little late.I was starting to fret

Zelong.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's one heck of a leap of logic to go from the discovery of a magnetosphere around the Moon to:

"Chandrayaan discovers presence of magnetic spheres on the far side of the moon"

What website is responsible for warping and rewriting these facts?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

G'day Jocko Flocko
good name.

The first page has the links mate.

Zelong.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You... are NO fun whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Is anybody asking how these spheres came about?
What kind of geological process would account for such things? I wish that a more accurate description of the phenomenon would be given.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

It is most likely magnetic remnants in the crust. the same way earth has magnetic rock all over it.

Magnetic material can be made like this-

When material or crust becomes molten, all particulate that is responsive to magnetism is free to align itself to magnetic fields (b/c its in a molten LIQUID, not solid). When a big batch of magnetic particulate aligns itself to the same magnetic field, It will create a stronger field of magnetism in that area. The moon, most likely had a molten core at one time, creating a magnetic field which could do this. Or this magnetic particulate could be aligned by the earths magnetosphere. Or even by the suns heliosphere which encompasses the ENTIRE solar system-
helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

another way this can happen is when meteors hit a planetary body. The speed and force is converted into heat, creating small pocket of molten material. . and thus any magnetic material is free to align itself to whatever magnetic field is strongest and create a micro magnetic sphere

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join