It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chandrayaan discovers presence of magnetic spheres on the far side of the moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
magnetic spheres inside a crater

long time no see ATS

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong

Originally posted by Imagir
I hope that finally India, China and Japan begin to raise the veil of lies that has been, until yesterday, monopoly of NASA and that they come unhooked from the blackmail of the USA.
S&F.

I haven't used Google Earth/Moon for some time.The first thing I noticed was some extra names on the bottom of screen Jaxa,Selene I thought great better pictures from Jaxa on Google.From what you have stated Imagir can we trust these Google Moon images?

Zelong.

Who knows Zelong.
I do not trust nobody because I think that all the images inserted on Google Earth/MOON/MARS are heavily altered/doctorized before the public delivery.

However, I trust in the human weakness and their errors.

Also the experts of NASA or the other Agencies... are humans... and they can be mistaken!

"Something" can always escape to their censorship!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is highly acceptable from the simple "Moon made from Earth" Theory. Due to the Earths Gravitational (Electro Magnetic) pull, I guess our Core might be generating some type of artificial Atmosphere for the moon. If this is correct than this may reason with your Radiation Obstruction Theory. Good Find.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think what they mean by "magnetic spheres" are areas of the moon that have a magnetic field, caused by magnetic rocks. The sphere itself isn't really a physical object, its a force field.

see from the article "The discovery of magnetic forces comes after the discovery of water molecules" they didnt say magnetic molecules or objects, but forces.

And when they say they could build even bigger ones to house astronauts, they are saying they could pile this magnetic material over or around a base to create a more organized magnetic field around that base.

[edit on 11/23/2009 by VonDoomen]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

I think Micro Spheres are as little as atom cells. This cannot be seen by a telescope but only from gathering elemental data. So I imagine these spheres were located on the dark side of the moon, but has a field radius covering the moon, hence social living on the moon. sort of like our atmosphere however a in a spheretical type matter. Imagine Earths electro magentic field covering our moon as well blocking off our Radiation while providing shelter for our Moon, like a living organism.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Zeddissad and Vondoomen are correct. Ever hear of the magnetosphere here on planet earth? It's not a solid physical thing, right?

They are talking about magnetic field spheres. There are pockets of these on Mars and on the moon now too apparently. Mars used to have a magnetic field like on earth but now there are just these smaller spheres left. Even earth has smaller spheres. Also related is the South-Atlantic anomaly:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

So, we've discovered the alien's shield generators on the moon? If you're going to live on a moon with no natural em barrier, you've got to build your own to protect your base from cosmic radiation.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

no they haven't found any alien shield generators. Any race advanced enough to have that technology on the moon would obviously have some kind of defensive system in place, to turn off the shield generators when foreign species are detected probing the area.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think micro magnetic sphere is form by iron core of meteorites that hit moon.
NASA says they’re can by build bigger and stronger bay using big electromagnet.
This magnetic sphere could by see if there is some sort of gas inside crater created by highly magnetized meteorite, something like Auroras.
They say they’re micro, normal size is planet size.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
the article claims astronauts could live within these spheres. i think they mean domes.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

You're 100% right. You would want to build a base in one of these MAGNETIC DOMES.

Magnetic fields always spread out from the object creating them in a circular evenly distributed manner. But because they are on the surface of a round planetoid, half of the MAGNETIC DOME goes into the moon, and the other half goes out.

Its NOT a physical object. Its a magnetic force field created by magnetic material on/in the moons crust

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The "Dark" side of the moon is no more dark than the side we see. It is never visible to the Earth, but it receives an equal amount of sunlight.

So.....why would it have an anomaly that this side doesn't have?

Also, there is no instrument in the world that can detect an atom-sized magnetic field from a great distance. That is ludicrous. In a laboratory setting, maybe we could detect a microscopic magnetic field, but not from some orbiting craft? (Think satellite based MRI, LOL!)

Also, the article seems to imply that these are naturally existing, but then it says if they could be constructed larger? We already know how to construct large magnetic fields, there is nothing spectacular about that, so why would this supposed find be significant?

All criticism and questions directed toward article, not OP. I think this is very interesting, and if we are to accept it at face value, it seems like a tell-tale sign of something "engineered" either by ancient earthlings, current earthlings, or something else. I tend to believe it is just a poorly written article though.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

In the article it does not talk about atomic size magnetic fields, even though all atoms have a magnetic field. What it states in the article that micro-magnetic spheres were found, meaning they do not envelop the entire planet as a macro-magnetic sphere would. These spheres could be 100's of feet or 1000's or even more.

you have to think of it in a macro/micro sense, not a microscopic scale.

And yes, they do have instruments that can detect magnetic fields from a distance.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

This smaks of engineering. Why are these spheres only found on the far side of the moon?

Water - Shielding - Invisibility -What else would be on the list for a secret military or alien base.

This is very exciting....

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What Chandrayaan-I found was a small, localized magnetic field. This is somewhat similar to what is found on Mars where there is no planetary magnetic field as there is on Earth but many small fields. The use of the term "spheres" in the article was a bit misleading.

"This (the magnetic field) is being discovered for the first time," said Bhardwaj. The moon does not generate a global' magnetic field, but some lunar rocks are magnetised. These generate magnetic bubbles, which divert the incoming protons to the surrounding regions.

news.indiainfo.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

The magnetic field was not directly observed. Its presence was deduced by the reflection of solar wind protons as molecular hydrogen.

The Swedish Institute of Space Physics, which is the European Principal Investigator for the SARA payload, made the finding while investigating why 20 per cent of protons hitting the moon's surface in the form of solar winds got reflected as hydrogen molecule.

news.indiainfo.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by druid1

The reason was stated earlier. Generally, the impact of meteors can create or dispense magnetic material. Generally, in order for a meteor to hit the bright side of the moon it has to fly between the gap between the earth and the moon.

and generally speaking, meteors hit the dark side of the moon when they are on the other side of the gap. leaving it open to many more meteor impacts, which can deposit magnetic material.

Due to the earth and its gravity and the short gap between the earth and the moon, less meteors hit the light side, just because less meteors meet that criteria.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

So if we build moon bases on the light side of the moon, we get bombarded by cosmic rays, but are relatively safe from rocks. . But on the dark side, we are relatively safe from cosmic rays, but get pummeled by meteorites?!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It should be noted that this really is not the first discovery of magnetic anomalies on the moon.

Apollo missions recorded them: lunarscience2009.arc.nasa.gov...

Prospector mapped them: www.amlunsoc.org...

The real significance of this discovery is the effects that the magnetic anomalies have on the solar wind and how it affects the surface of the Moon.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by whattheh
I can see the moon hoax people posting on this thread right now.

I wonder how many times this will be posted here "See they could nto have survived on the moon because of the radiation"

That depends on the level of radiation at the time of the landings and the duration of the astronauts exposure.

Can you provide figures showing that such speculation is idle. If you can't then your assertion that they could have landed on the moon (due to a lack of radiation) is no more valid than the opposing argument.

None of the moon missions occured during major solar proton events, such as Feb, 1956; July '59; Nov '60; Aug '72 or, Oct. '89 GCR dosage would have been only 1.0 to 2.4 cSv to the BFO. The ISS uses a safety limit of 25 cSv as a 30 day limit.
Ok, there are the figures. Now let's see non-fabricated figures for the contrary position. Not there, are they? Or maybe it's too much real research to look for them.LOL.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join