It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tension high between British, US military

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

brough the provos to the peace process was sustained and targetted attacks by special forces on their boys

and that is the one key difference - you didnt see Vulcan`s dropping 1,000 lb bombs or chieftens on the streets in the 1970`s - yes those are exactly the methods employed by the USA.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Agreed 100%

There is an undeniable arrogance that comes with power. That arrogance is why empires fall, the way I see it. Including the American empire. It's a built-in fail safe mechanism.

For the most part, it's our "leaders" arrogance, but the sheeple vicariously feed on that arrogance too. I'm not exactly sympathetic towards them.

You Brits weren't without your brand of criminal arrogance as well.

I'm an isolationist for the most part. Our "leaders" butt into others business and they always do much more harm than good.

It's just not the same country I knew 40 years ago. It's been a long downhill slide. Sometimes the slope is steep, sometimes it's shallow, but it's always downhill.

Things are going to get ugly. The beast needs to die, and it won't be pretty.

That being said. we still have it better than you Brits do. From what I read, you people are in a world of hurt. You're defenseless and completely at the mercy of your .gov. and essentially out of the fight.

And frankly, if we fail at restoring this country after it crashes, we few, then the world falls. No one else can do it. We are the last and biggest target on the NWOs hitlist. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
reply to post by PSUSA[/url]

Before you can pick a fight with your mother and father, you must grow up or you'll just get a damned good spanking and get sent to bed.

And that my friend, is how we Brits view you Yanks.

And that doesn't in any way seem to be overbearing or arrogant? You know, what the Brits constantly accuse America of being.

I have another perspective if you care to hear it.

Britain, being an oppressive and stifling regime, caused a migration to another country where the free exchange of thoughts and ideas could be embraced. In fact, I would consider America to be the perfection of the western idea.

The simple fact that in 233 years we have surpassed Britain in its what.... centuries of existence is evidence enough of that. I do think this, in some strange way, is a source of embarrassment and humiliation or simply spouting this kind of rhetoric are just coping mechanisms for the now marginalized Britons.

That is all.....

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightoftheComet
The simple fact that in 233 years we have surpassed Britain in its what.... centuries of existence is evidence enough of that. I do think this, in some strange way, is a source of embarrassment and humiliation or simply spouting this kind of rhetoric are just coping mechanisms for the now marginalized Britons.

Hmmm..

I would think that the reason for the US success is mainly based upon the fact you have a huge landmass, huge population and massive natural resources. We have run out of space here.

It's got nothing to do with you being "greater" than us.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
this thread is great. Everyone knows, one of the reasons Tony Blair, and England went to war in Iraq was to prove English soldiers were better than the U.S. soldiers. I've been reading the back and forth about who is better on the battlefield. I think this is very relevant, since someone in britain has come out and said that the u.s. in hell bent on invading. I have to tell you, know body believes Tony Blair was given bad intel either.
If he wasn't smart enough to decode the niger documents, then he shouldn't be in charge.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheComet

but the majority of people I met while in Britain were vehemently anti-American. If you even slightly mention that they may be a bit biased or simply anti-American, the first thing they tell you is that your an "arrogant American" etc.

You sure you were in Britain? When I went over there, I lost count on how many girls wanted my friend and I simply because we were American.

Maybe you just met some bad folks who don't appreciate us but the majority of folks I met (Drunkenly half the time) adore us...and some even wanted to move over here. Can't stand England, they say. Guess you and I had different experiences lol.

But back on topic of this thread: How is this news again? And what did we expect?

[edit on 30-11-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by Harlequin

I agree, although i am sure there are many in the province who wouldnt!!LOL.

The British soldier is the best in the world. They have to make do with the least amount yet are still the best trained and level headed troops ever to wear uniform. IN contrast, the american tactics has always been maximum firepower with no real tactical thinking except blow the crap out of everything. The brits however do the job using the least amount of firepower using expert fieldcraft techniques, fire and manouver onto the enemy position, speed, accuracy, agression and guts, and flexibility to change tac in the fluidity of battle. Tempared with years of operational peace keeping skills adding compassion to the mix. Also, with all of the skills requiered for the average infantry british soldier in terms of training, it is above par of even the US rangers, and that is just a normal infantry soldier! They are the best in the world, but they are lions lead by idiots

What a bunch of rubbish... And your "normal" infantry soldier is not on part with a United States Ranger. Do you know what US ranger training is? Do you know all the intricacies that go into US military special ops training? With the knowledge you just displayed (or the lack there of) I highly doubt it!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfoo

Have to disagree with you semper
As a fully trained soldier i was qualified as a class 2 artillery signaler, I staffed a TAC HQ also the FDC and my own Bty HQ, laying landlines (d10) to other
command posts, carrying out NBC duties and preparing guard rosters,
Not to mention fueling and servicing the genies
all this and that was only the signals side..
I was classed as a class one driver , This entailed driving tracked Command posts, Armoured, Any "tanker" on here will tell you how much servicing these "beasts" require and be able to lift the "pack out" on my own using a HIAB, this is before REME turned up.. not to mention track bashing..!!
Plus riding the dispace m/bike and driving the "Stally" for refuelling purposes, You get a lot for your money in the British army,
We are not "many hatted" for nothing...
Anyways i am 45 now and i bet i could still run rings around "Us Rangers"
IMO

PS, all this and i could still knock a meal for 4,Good old menu B.. (chicken curry) LMAO....

[edit on 30-11-2009 by foxhoundone]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Tension high between British, US military

Very interesting read. And all this time I assumed Britain And America were on the same page. I guess we are not. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

British and US armed forces operate very differently from each other. For a start the British army has 40 years more experience with fighting and dealing with insurgencys, not forgrtting the fact a British army soldier has much more experience than his American counterpart.......The best way to put it, is that the British Army did not agree with the way the Americans did things in Iraq and Afghansitan, the Americans are seen to be way too "gung ho" which has detremental effects in counter insurgency operations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join