It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the "Nephilim" (Fallen ANGELS) are ET's, then how aren't Angels (and Jehova) ET'S?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

They are ETs.

Angels, from the ancient Greek Angelos literally meant 'messenger'.
Not holy ones, or pure or godly or anything else they have been made out to be.

'God' also was an ET, probably the leader or chief scientist/expedition leader.

The accounts from ancient texts tell us all of this, you just have to accept that the possibility exists that humans have had the wrong idea about more advanced societies and races for the last X thousands of years.

Most of the so called bible stories are allegorical copies of much earlier writings, and pretty much mirror what was written thousands of years before hand.

One only has to look at isolated indigenous tribes living today.
There are numerous tales throughout history, of native peoples meeting up with only slightly more advanced humans from the 'civilized' world (only around a couple of hundred years more advanced), only to think they were gods.

Aeroplanes have been mistaken by these people as huge birds etc...rather than nuts and bolts craft built by these advanced cultures...they don't even know what 'nut's and bolts' are, let alone an aircraft.

This happens all over the world.

Now, go back a few thousand years...imagine a scene where a UFO makes a landing...and what do you think the ancient peoples are going to think?

These are aliens from another world? No.
These are people from another country, but more advanced? No.
These are gods, they have powerful magic, and they have shining round birds, that fly faster and higher than any other bird? Yes.

They are all ET's mate...of course, being gullible humans, we will believe the 'god' explanation if it's repeated for long enough, and by enough people...which is mostly the situation we have today.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Two Separate Rebellions in the Early Days

Most people are familiar with the rebellion of Satan wanting to be like God and wanting to be worshipped as God. For his sins of rebellion and pride, he lost his rulership over the planets he resided over and lost his place in heaven as a high ranking archangel.

The spin that Satan rebelled against god because he wanted to be worshiped as god was put forward by the Yahweh propaganda machine, which we all have been victims of.

First of all, they are all gods. Yahweh is just one of many gods. He took power over the Jewish tribe(s) then he proclaimed himself supreme and forbade the Jews to worship other gods.
See Executive Order #1.
But Yahweh is not the first god to try and seize power over the humans, the Babylonian god Marduk did that about a millennium before Moses spoke to his god. Interestingly, the Jews developed the idea of a single all powerful god after their captivity in Babylon.

Now about the alien connection:

Almost every ancient mythology includes at least one rebellious deity, one who willfully violates the divine "rules." For the most part, such figures are what anthropologists call "tricksters," that is, gods or heroes who gain their ends by cleverness, stealth, and liberal applications of magic rather than by sheer divine power. Tricksters are typically reprimanded and/or severely punished for their actions, which, more often than not, involve efforts to transmit elements of divine wisdom or "technology" to mortals.

The best-known, albeit most misunderstood, of my three examples is Lucifer, the "Fallen Angel" who rebelled against the divine authority of Yahweh and was exiled from Heaven. Soon thereafter, disguised as a serpent, he tricked Adam and Eve into becoming fully sentient, that is, over and above an immediate awareness of their sexual natures. This violated God's policy of "non- interference" in the newly-created humans' affairs, and Lucifer remained an outcast as far as the supreme--and eventually monotheistic--Hebrew deity was concerned.

article

[edit on 23-11-2009 by tungus]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

That's not true. Here is the verse that you're referring to Acts 4.13:

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. ...

Oh come on Tom, Unlearned , uneducated, unschooled , no education and learning,ignorant, living in a society of mostly illiterate people.
get a grip man the dude was illiterate

New International Version (©1984)
When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men,

Now when they saw that Peter and John were without fear, though they were men of no education or learning,

International Standard Version (©2008)
Now when the Jewish leaders saw the boldness of Peter and John and found out that they were uneducated and ordinary men,

KJB
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, t

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What if their really are angels? come on now people.

I just find it hard to believe that people do indeed believe in aliens. LOL i do. and can't imagine real life angels and the such. we are a special thing in the universe. all other life forms (well mostly negative ones) are jealous that God picked us as his greatest work. Yes aliens have intervened with mankind, atlantis pooma punkahs or whatever civilizatiion that was called. but lets keep the bible stuff away from that area. their two different fronts. btw if you want proof just look at the artifacts of the sumarians. i'm sorry but it just seems that no one in this forum is open minded enough to take the truth. than again what is truth?

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by ArchaicLion

Originally posted by SharkBait
The Bible describes Lucifer as a snake

This is an interesting thread but to keep on point...

It only says a serpent tempted Eve. It does not say what type and it does not say who that serpent was. Anything else is conjecture.

The serpent who seduced Eve is clearly identified in several places...
...here is one...

Revelation 12:9 "...the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Best check you facts before you post.

What are necessarly the "facts" everyone keeps stating. Nobody can walk up to god or an ET and touch it. Lots of people have written books about it though, but I missed the part where it is an absolute truthful "fact".

So untill the ET or god lands and starts shaking hands with the people of the world, I would say that the said facts are opinion or conjecture.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The Terra Papers are an excellent read for a view of things... I believe them, myself, but other don't. They support your theory.

I have them linked in my sig...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

The Terra Papers are an excellent read for a view of things... I believe them, myself, but other don't. They support your theory.

I have them linked in my sig...

I have skimmed a few things in your trerra page. I must admit something of a bit of truth may be told, but the spirit is telling me something else. As an alien woreshipper I assume yourself. please excuse if I offend. Does it give you comfort? Do you enjoy where you come from? I notice many aliens such as grays and others are so different than us. More colder and less emotional, which gives us our unique chracteristic. It is not the aliens that are strong, but it is of mighty men that we are a million times better. The way our soul is crafted into freewill that no other lifeform has. This is what makes us unique.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I have skimmed a few things in your trerra page. I must admit something of a bit of truth may be told, but the spirit is telling me something else. As an alien woreshipper I assume yourself. please excuse if I offend. Does it give you comfort? Do you enjoy where you come from? I notice many aliens such as grays and others are so different than us. More colder and less emotional, which gives us our unique chracteristic. It is not the aliens that are strong, but it is of mighty men that we are a million times better. The way our soul is crafted into freewill that no other lifeform has. This is what makes us unique.

I'm not sure I understand your questions..."Does it give you comfort? Do you enjoy where you come from?"

I don't worship anything or anyone. I do believe we were genetically engineered about 200,000 years ago. So "comfort" is not what I am seeking; just truth. And I'm from San Diego originally... I neither enjoy it not dislike it.

And I believe that other races in this vast universe have just as much free will as we do. Why would they not?

[edit on 11/23/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Christians say that the Nephilim were ET's, so how does that not make Angels, Demons, and even God (Jehova, sorry) an ET as well?

But they're all just ET - not divine, and sure as hell not "God", or whatever really created the universe. Besides - what really IS a "God" anyway???

[edit on 11/22/2009 by impaired]

To me it's quite simple.
It's the terminology that seems to make things sound complicated.

Only humans are terrestrial. Terrestrial means 'of the earth'.
Humans, created on earth, are bound by terrestrial physical dimension.

All other entities are extra-terrestrial, whether one calls them God, Creator, Gods, Angels, Demons or even extra-dimensionals because they are not bound by our terrestrial physical dimension.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I'm not sure I understand your questions..."Does it give you comfort? Do you enjoy where you come from?"

I don't worship anything or anyone. I do believe we were genetically engineered about 200,000 years ago. So "comfort" is not what I am seeking; just truth. And I'm from San Diego originally... I neither enjoy it not dislike it.

And I believe that other races in this vast universe have just as much free will as we do. Why would they not?

[edit on 11/23/2009 by Amaterasu]

Same reason why a rogue alien hasn't parked in your parking lot yet. What i'm trying to say is if aliens do have freewill some would of break the rules by now. If by chance their is a rule that their not allowed to be seen on earth wouldn't at least one of them done it by now. I mean certainly I believe. but how come we never see an et at the corner of 7/11 yet being pissed of about his government or society rules. get it? On the other hand we see a lot of this happening in ancient egypt where crafts have landed. is it right or wrong? depends what they talked about. we would of been blown up sky high if they had freewill. some sorta planet destroyer. crazy alien that wants to take over the universe that type of stuff would of been seen by now. alien hitler. lol

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

...all other life forms (well mostly negative ones) are jealous that God picked us as his greatest work.

You gotta be kidding! God picked us as his greatest work?

You arrived at this conclusion after comparing us to all of the life forms in the Universe, no? Tell us your method of picking the winner!
This would be revolutionary since 90 percent of the Universe is hidden from us.

*Crossing fingers*

Please, don't tell me you read it in the bible -please, please, please...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by troubleshooter

The Book of Job is arguably the oldest document in the western canon (older than Genesis)

From what I've read, most scholars believe that the story contained in Job is older than parts of Genesis (Job cannot have come before creation); basically it's thought that Job was a contemporary with Abraham, due to some of the customs contained in it. But it is thought that the actually writing of Genesis is older than the writing of Job.

In the end, it's probably not a big deal though.

Tradition has it that the five books of Moses were written by...well...Moses.

It is also understood that Moses wrote Genesis from oral history sometime after the Exodus from Egypt...
...the Exodus from Egypt was approximately 430 years after the promise given to Abraham recorded in Genesis 15...
...Abraham knew Noah and according to some sources lived in Noah's household when a young man...
...and Noah's grandfather was contemporary with Adam...
...so oral history was fairly reliable being transmitted through only a few generations.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What people forget is that fallen Angels are known as demons and so are the offspring of the Nephilim after they died in the flood and are now spiritual beings or known as evil spirits. You have different types of demons and maybe some different generations and variations of them.

Deuteronomy 2:20 - 21.
"That was also regarded as the land of the giants; giants formerly dwelt there, but the Ammonites call them Zamzummin, a people as great and numerous and tall as the Anakim. But the Lord destroyed them before them, and they dispossessed them and dwelt in their place."

Question: "What does the Bible say about demons?"

Answer: Revelation 12:9 is the clearest scripture on the identity of demons, “The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.” Satan’s fall from heaven is symbolically described in Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:12-15. Revelation 12:4 seems to indicate that Satan took one-third of the angels with him when he sinned. Jude 6 mentions angels who sinned. The Bible indicates that the demons are fallen angels who, along with Satan, rebelled against God.

www.gotquestions.org...
Satan and his demons now look to destroy and deceive all those who follow and worship God (1 Peter 5:8; 2 Corinthians 11:14-15). The demons are described as evil spirits (Matthew 10:1), unclean spirits (Mark 1:27), and angels of Satan (Revelation 12:9). Satan and his demons deceive the world (2 Corinthians 4:4), attack Christians (2 Corinthians 12:7; 1 Peter 5:8), and combat the holy angels (Revelation 12:4-9). Demons are spiritual beings, but they can appear in physical forms (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). The demons/fallen angels are enemies of God, but they are defeated enemies. Greater is He who is in us, than those who are in the world (1 John 4:4).
Text

[edit on 23-11-2009 by The time lord]

Deuteronomy 2
The Desert Years

19 And when you come near the people of Ammon, do not harass them or meddle with them, for I will not give you any of the land of the people of Ammon as a possession, because I have given it to the descendants of Lot as a possession.’”
20 (That was also regarded as a land of giants; giants formerly dwelt there. But the Ammonites call them Zamzummim, 21 a people as great and numerous and tall as the Anakim. But the LORD destroyed them before them, and they dispossessed them and dwelt in their place, 22 just as He had done for the descendants of Esau, who dwelt in Seir, when He destroyed the Horites from before them. They dispossessed them and dwelt in their place, even to this day. 23 And the Avim, who dwelt in villages as far as Gaza—the Caphtorim, who came from Caphtor, destroyed them and dwelt in their place.)

[edit on 23-11-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Think I'll just lurk some more...

Everyone gets slammed too quick for their opinion.
The idea should be to ask questions and be curious.

Thanks for all the points and different perspectives though.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ArchaicLion]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

But Yahweh is not the first god to try and seize power over the humans, the Babylonian god Marduk did that about a millennium before Moses spoke to his god. Interestingly, the Jews developed the idea of a single all powerful god after their captivity in Babylon.

You are seriously ignorant about the historic timeline.

Babylon did not exist when Moses left Egypt.

Babylon grew as a power well after Israel had taken up residence in Israel.

The Torah predated Babylonia by many centuries.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by troubleshooter]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
What people forget is that fallen Angels are known as demons and so are the offspring of the Nephilim after they died in the flood and are now spiritual beings or known as evil spirits. You have different types of demons and maybe some different generations and variations of them.

You almost have it right.

The fallen angels came first.

They genetically interferred with human females and produced the Nephilim...
...who are the tribes you have listed.

These same fallen angels are also responsible for the breeding of the newest crop of Nephilim that are masquerading as ET's...
...and are looking for a way back into the 'world of men'.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tungus

...all other life forms (well mostly negative ones) are jealous that God picked us as his greatest work.

You gotta be kidding! God picked us as his greatest work?

You arrived at this conclusion after comparing us to all of the life forms in the Universe, no? Tell us your method of picking the winner!
This would be revolutionary since 90 percent of the Universe is hidden from us.

*Crossing fingers*

Please, don't tell me you read it in the bible -please, please, please...

It is said in the bible that we are his great work. but i attest on bible facts. I don't know entire scripture. Anywho. I do believe that their reasons to believe that many species have reached a utopia unlike ourselves. perhaps they went through the apple trhing to who knows. What makes us different is our spirit. We are so unique to have freewill and we have used it against ourselves dividing from each other throughout the world. different nations, language culture differances prejudice race color country beliefs. I do believe that many aliens are very well behaved and consider us animalistic in nature. were not that old and yes we don't know everything. but when it comes to ourselves and salvation we are the key this entire world. we are vastly greater in our souls than we are to another ET specie. It would also make sense seeing how the ones that abduct are trying to make a hybrid human alien halfbreed. perhaps their trying to tap into the potential of the human spirit in a very cold scientific way. God loves you all and this i tell you out of experiance with myself as a whole entity. Once again I cannot force people to believe what I say. But we are indeed the gem of the universe. we live on the greatest planet. For example, looking at a gray antatomy would suggest that they are a low gravity creature that can go through space and is use to the hostiility of outer space. We are not. I love them too as much as I can. aliens that is. But were seprated for a good reason.

The aliens are far more afraid of us. Just like our friendly neighborhood government. Just learn to like each other, tolerance, understanding and love.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Elohim are Divine spirits when mentioned in a non singular person fashion, Singular is God himself.

Nephilim are the giant offspring that were produced by the WATCHERS, Who you could call the fallen angels but they were not and they are not E.T.

Stichin is completely wrong and does not even know the Hebrew language let alone Sumerian.

MICHAELSHEISER.COM will explain everything with proof to back it up.

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

alienstranger.com...

www.thedivinecouncil.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
the ideal man was created separately from the natural people who were to multiply and spread around the world. The Garden that God planted was better than the rest of the world and was a type of the ideal world, that would represent all the best things that were there and some things that were not, in a literal sense, in that outside real world. The Lord over all the lesser gods had his tabernacle in the Garden and in it, to represent himself (the Most High God not being a visible being in the ordinary sense), was the man that he made Himself, and not with the help of any sort of agency. So His Garden was complete, with the fruit trees and a person who is the living representation of God, and a couple of trees that represented the oracles of God that give life and understanding.
The person living in that Garden, being himself the image of God, of course would not need to make use of those two trees, considering that life and understanding come from God.
Anyway, we all know what happened next, so jump forward a little and you have Cain, first being born outside the Garden, and then going off to a neighboring land to live. He would be the son of god, so to speak, and his wife would have been from among the people. So, if you were to stick to the canonical scripture, you have to end up with a similar conclusion to what I explained here, and forget about angels and ET's.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

But we are indeed the gem of the universe. we live on the greatest planet.

Kidding aside, but how can you say that we live on the greatest planet? That would preclude that after visiting at least several other planets you indeed can confirm that we live on the greatest planet.
I have read accounts of yogis who say that the moon is much better place than the earth. They do out of body travel and although I cannot verify their statements there is a way to check their claim.

For example, looking at a gray antatomy would suggest that they are a low gravity creature that can go through space and is use to the hostiility of outer space. We are not. I love them too as much as I can. aliens that is. But were seprated for a good reason.

I agree that we were separated for a good reason but that reason is to keep the rest of the universe from us. We are separated the same way the maximum security prison population is separated from the rest of humanity.
Our separation is a little more complicated though. We are separated from others by dimensions rather than by space, there is space separation but mostly is dimensional. That way, no matter where we look we don't see anything and all the planets seem like dead rocks to us. The outer space is hostile only because we are in meatbags and gravity makes sure that no one is going anywhere anytime soon. No need for ball and chains made of iron when you have a thing like gravity, eh?
Think of this planet more like the "Count of Monte Cristo" scenario and you will get the idea. Of course, if you were born in a prison it is very hard to realize that you are in a prison.

If your god loved any of us he wouldn't keep us locked up on this planet. You only have the word of the bible to tell you that you live on the greatest planet. Good for you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join