It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warming's impacts sped up, worsened since Kyoto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Warming's impacts sped up, worsened since Kyoto

news.yahoo.com

Back in 1997 "nobody in their wildest expectations," would have forecast the dramatic sudden loss of summer sea ice in the Arctic that started about five years ago, Weaver said. From 1993 to 1997, sea ice would shrink on average in the summer to about 2.7 million square miles. The average for the last five years is less than 2 million square miles. What's been lost is the size of Alaska!
Antarctica had a slight increase in sea ice, mostly because of the cooling effect of the ozone hole, accordi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am reserving my comments on this article.
They would only inflame someone I'm sure.
Thanks!

(I know this will inevitably lead to a bash the OP fest, so..... have at 'er ATS!
Just remember, I only posted it, I didn't write it!)

Oh, AL Gore is mentioned too!
We all know he's the devil! (said in a Mike Myers voice)

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Al Gore?

Alaska's not that big anyways

Its peoples fault for making a CHOICE to move to low land areas.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hmmm...super speedy huh? Things are worse than *insert hyperbole*. On the heels of the CRU hack this gets released. Looks like damage control if the context is what it seems here.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yea, it seems like damage control, but at this moment in time the only damage they are controlling are their reputations. I've seen a few places where people are trying to figure out the code, and it isn't looking good for the "scientist".

In fact it's so bad I almost feel sorry for them. The meter on what the reaction of this is will come when the markets open. If the green co.'s drop off the cliff then it is going to be interesting to see what happens.

Right now the media is trying to White-Wash this debacle, as the OP shows, but if the "green" stocks drop off the cliff then get the popcorn ready because it is going to be a fun show watching these people try to backtrack and make excuses.

All and all though I knew this was going to happen they are going to push AGW till their dying breath, it's more like a religion than science.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Al Gore?

Alaska's not that big anyways

Its peoples fault for making a CHOICE to move to low land areas.

You've got to be kidding me...hopefully you were being facetious about Alaska.

In response to the article, IMO its just a spin by the extreme greenies.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
hmmm....well "global warming" has always been a contentious issue to me, & after reading the stolen emails last week from the "Global Warming Guru's" in GB, I'm going to need a hell of a lot more convincing about these alleged "facts" on the Arctic ice melt not being cyclic.

But good to see the media are still in there trying to convince us that Global Warming still exists!!!

new topics

top topics

join