It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Benning receives note threatening Fort Hood-type shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Fort Benning receives note threatening Fort Hood-type shooting

www.ledger-enquirer.com

"Note, package with bullets inside found outside motor pool"

A suspicious package was found outside a motor pool Thursday morning at Fort Benning with an anonymous note threatening an attack similar to the one at Fort Hood, Texas, the Army Times reported Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.armytimes.com

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
An additional article (Army Times, linked above) said, "tell the commanding general to call off all charges or there will be a re-enactment of Fort Hood". Now this poses some interesting question. First, what charges and who are they directed at? Hasan? Next, if it was just a few idiots on base playing a prank, I doubt they would go through the trouble of leaving a box of bullets as well. A note, yes. The bullets cross into the realm of intent in my mind. Also, for the conspiracy theorists, is this just another reason to ID and fingerprint anyone purchasing ammo?

www.ledger-enquirer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/22/2009 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

Would seem to me to be entirely counterproductive to warn a military base in advance of something like this. They'll have everybody under surveillance now... including Iron Mike.

Probably some idiot who's been drinking too much water from the 'Hooch.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Red alert is more expensive than orange alert.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
FICTION

and how you doin'?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ft Benning is not like Ft hood. Ft benning is where all the infantry go for their initial training and there are MP's EVERYWHERE. i seriously doubt it is possible for a duplication of fort hood. lets hope it is just a prank anyway.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

“The note said ‘tell the commanding general to call off all charges or there will be a re-enactment of Fort Hood,’ ” the witness told Army Times. He spoke on condition he wouldn’t be identified.

From your second link Army Times

“They’re talking with anyone with a pending [Uniform Code of Military Justice] charge and people who are getting chaptered out to see if they can find out who it is,” the witness said.

Would there be many people "pending charges" on such a military base ?

Can anyone with a military background put some flesh on these bones for us .... civilians .

Thanks .

[edit on 22-11-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If it was written in crayon it was from an insider high up in the government. We are ruled by selfish children.

join