It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked documents reveal No 10 cover-up over Iraq invasion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

So what your saying is just because we as a country are stupid it's not our fault. Your right we don't get intel and they do HOWEVER they got intel on 9/11 and did nothing, not even precautionary measures. Which is....oh ya again OUR fault. We've LET them do this we elected them. Trust me in the fact that if 10 million people marched on washinton the war would end. But people as a whole don't want to be bothered with running our country. Hence why we won't be voting on the feb issues. People would rather complain about it. The few people who would march are to few to make a difference, and to small in number to avoid being arrested for rioting and charged random things just to make them go away. No one wants to do paperwork on 100 arrest let alone 100,000.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Anyone else remember when this was just a whacky conspiracy theory, or something that it was cool for Bush haters to say? Come on, people...it was obvious then and it's obvious now what they were doing. I hope they mention the "mass graves of millions" that Bush and Blair lied about too...the ones that were never found and the ones that both these criminals later confessed to have exaggerated. Anyway, I sure hope the truth comes out and no one else dies to cover it up. Even if I'm wrong. Which I'm not.

Okay, time to call BS dude..

Google search for: "mass graves of millions" Bush Blair quotes

ZERO results.

However, Google search for: Mass graves found in Iraq

463,000 results! Here are a few...

Torture House, Mass Grave found in Iraq

More Mass Graves found in Southern Iraq

Mass Graves in Iraq ~ Wikipedia

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Mmmmm... and how many of those mass graves date back to the 80's, in areas that were close to, or even on, the front lines of the fighting between Iraq and Iran - a prolonged and needless war that we had out buddy Saddam instigate?

So what we have are mass graves, filled with bodies as a result of OUR proxy wars. That makes out leadership every bit as guilty as the perp who killed them. Our leaders didn't give a damn back then and our current crop of leaders don't give a damn now, unless they can score some sort of propaganda or political point by using the dead for a bit of spin.

You really are trying to defend the indefensible.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Mmmmm... and how many of those mass graves date back to the 80's, in areas that were close to, or even on, the front lines of the fighting between Iraq and Iran - a prolonged and needless war that we had out buddy Saddam instigate?

So what we have are mass graves, filled with bodies as a result of OUR proxy wars. That makes out leadership every bit as guilty as the perp who killed them. Our leaders didn't give a damn back then and our current crop of leaders don't give a damn now, unless they can score some sort of propaganda or political point by using the dead for a bit of spin.

You really are trying to defend the indefensible.

Don't try and interject SPECULATION into this dude, the guy I quoted claimed X, and I showed Y to be the actual case.

We did find numerous mass graves in Iraq. Neither Bush nor Blair claimed we would find "millions in mass graves", that was a lie.

Read the Wikipedia link provided, before the 2003 invasion over a million Iraqis were "missing" from their Iraqi families.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Originally posted by UnlawfullPriest
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

we at fault too, if not more so. Also don't forget as a country we supported the war, people calmed down and now their upset. Sorry I don't know anything about British polotics, I have enough trouble keeping my countries straight.

I can't believe you just said that. The American People are not the commander and chief we don't get intelligence briefings on the level that members of congress and the president do, they mislead us with false information and played on our emotions to go to war for false reasons, the only victim here is the American people and everyone affected by this illegal war!

When has this not happened in history? If you want to make a difference, run for congress, if not, then sh*t won't change, it is just too easy to continue doing whats been done for so long.

I would hate to live in this country if we had a bunch of pansies running it; surrendering every time we were caught up in battle, that's the French. I love this country, don't get me wrong, some things definitely need to change, and I have never supported Bush, always seemed way under qualified, but I've come to the realization that it probably won't happen the way I want, if at all.

One thing I am thankful for...I live in a country where the chances of us being invaded and fighting a war on our own soil is slim. Because of the government's rule, I feel safe sitting on my couch yelling obscenities at my barking dog. God bless America.

Great Texas philosopher once said, "America...Texas...Home." -Hank Hill, King of the Hill, 2004

[edit on 24-11-2009 by milkmustache]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"Read the Wikipedia link provided, before the 2003 invasion over a million Iraqis were "missing" from their Iraqi families."

Funny, over 900,000 Americans go missing each year and nobody, let alone the American Government, seems to give a damn.

www.trutv.com...

Interesting how the American Government is much more interested in the same number of missing foreigners in a third world country half way around the world than they are in their own residents. If that doesn't tell you something about America's warped sense of priorities, nothing will.

The Weapons of Mass Destruction were probably quickly ushered out of Iraq so they could not be traced back to the people who supplied them to Iraq. Now who could that be?

The US Government did not plant WMDs in Iraq, because doing so was too risky because an investigation could have traced them back to the US Government. It is one thing to suppress and plant evidence on your own soil and get away with it. It is totally another ball game when having to do it on foreign soil.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Reply to NOTurTypical

I suggest you learn to research better before you call me a dude.

Or at the very least hone your reading and googling skills.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Thank you. I researched this to GREAT depth in 2004 and unfortunately lost my research to a hard drive crash. And to be honest I'm no longer very interested in educating people who simply refuse to see. But I am here so.... Thanks again.

I think part of the problem is people remember propaganda that was constantly pounded into their heads at a time when many were traumatized. When something like that happens, people don't often go back to revisit the conclusions or the facts. They simple remember what was put into their heads.

But to be fair, journalists (or the fakes that pass as such these days) don't always make an effort to get the word out either when things er "change."

[edit on 24-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

I think that the initial reastion to 9/11 was correct. However there was intel lending credit to an attack which was ignored. That was a mistake. However we must think of what would have happened if it had not been Bush in the white house. If Gore had been in the white house, it would have been much worse. Bush is not by any mean my idea of a good leader, but in the immortal words of Stan, Kenny, Cartman, and Kyle " Sometimes you have to choose between a Giant Dooche and a Turd".

Whats been going on since we attack Iraq is wrong, and needs to end. The evidence of the peoples desire to end the war is evidence in Obama's Election. He claimed "Change" and he delives nothing. Our first African American president is a historical moment. I would have rathered Colin Powell in Office. It seems that when we have a President that knows the horrors of war we tend not to go to war. Unfortunately Colin's loves his wife entirely to much to put him self in that seat.

Maybe we can find a decent leader in Alan Grayson, his canter brings me hope, but will he deliver on it?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkmustache

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Originally posted by UnlawfullPriest
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

we at fault too, if not more so. Also don't forget as a country we supported the war, people calmed down and now their upset. Sorry I don't know anything about British polotics, I have enough trouble keeping my countries straight.

I can't believe you just said that. The American People are not the commander and chief we don't get intelligence briefings on the level that members of congress and the president do, they mislead us with false information and played on our emotions to go to war for false reasons, the only victim here is the American people and everyone affected by this illegal war!

When has this not happened in history? If you want to make a difference, run for congress, if not, then sh*t won't change, it is just too easy to continue doing whats been done for so long.

I would hate to live in this country if we had a bunch of pansies running it; surrendering every time we were caught up in battle, that's the French. I love this country, don't get me wrong, some things definitely need to change, and I have never supported Bush, always seemed way under qualified, but I've come to the realization that it probably won't happen the way I want, if at all.

One thing I am thankful for...I live in a country where the chances of us being invaded and fighting a war on our own soil is slim. Because of the government's rule, I feel safe sitting on my couch yelling obscenities at my barking dog. God bless America.

Great Texas philosopher once said, "America...Texas...Home." -Hank Hill, King of the Hill, 2004

[edit on 24-11-2009 by milkmustache]

Nationalism is an excuse to hate people you never met and take pride in things you had nothing to do with. And I doubt a true "god" would bless one particular patch of a small planets soil created by people who drew phony boundaries on a map and assigned those areas names.

We stopped needing a monolithic military when we developed the nuclear bomb... we could dismantle our military and turn into the isolationist republic the founding fathers envisioned that avoided foreign entanglements.. with no fear of US soil being attacked. We have the ultimate deterrent: vaporizing anyone who tries.

Sadly the current configuration of the military is that of oligarch thugs whose main job is traversing the planet killing (upsetting) strangers who cant threaten US soil.. people that our so called leaders would like to control.

I saw some WH clown named Gibbs make a silly claim to a dufuss reporter who nodded accordingly without question that US troops killing Afghan & Iraqi strangers 1000s of miles from affecting my way of life, are somehow fighting to protect my freedom...lmao... Iraqis and Afghans violently rejecting an occupier pose no threat to my freedoms.. if US troops are interested in MY freedoms, they should be here protecting me from LAPD and the federal govt.

Exactly what freedoms of mine are threatened by dirt urchins who ride goats, and people unhappy at having a violent armed occupier ruin their way of life? its not like the fictitious al-qaeda boogie-men and their crazy blood thirsty jihad army are advancing on San Diego ready to cover my GF in a blanket, burn my books and pour out my beer..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join