It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemorrhagic flu in US, says Polk County Coroner, deaths under-reported

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Week 46 Sets Record H1N1 US Pediatric Fatalities
Recombinomics Commentary 17:13
November 28, 2009
There were 35 influenza associated pediatric deaths reported week 46: NH (1), MA (1), RI (2), PA (2), MN (1), MO (1), NC (2), FL (3), TN (1), TX (2), CO (1), NM (8), WA (1), CA (1), IL (3), IN (1), KY (1), NY (1), SC (2)

The above description of the 35 fatal pediatric deaths in week 46 in the US will be published on Monday. The 35 ties that daily record set two weeks ago, and the new entries raise the 2009/2010 season total to 178, which is a new record. The 138 last week represented the highest tally since adolescent fatalities became mandatory, when 142 died in 2003/2004. 178 is a new all time high, but it will be broken each week until there is a break, which may not happen in 2010.

continued

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Very good report on the mutation sites and patterns:

www.biomedcentral.com...

Abstract Background: The novel A/H1N1 influenza virus, which recently emerged in North America is most closely related to North American H1N1/N2 swine viruses. Until the beginning of 2009, North American swine H1N1/N2 viruses have only sporadically infected humans as dead-end hosts. In 2009 the A/H1N1 virus acquired the capacity to spread efficiently by human to human transmission. The novel A/H1N1 influenza virus has struck thousands of people in more than 70 countries and killed more than 140, representing a public health emergency of international concern. Here we have studied properties of hemagglutinin of A/H1N1 which may modulate virus/ receptor interaction. Results: Analyses by ISM bioinformatics platform of the HA1 protein of North American swine H1N1/N2 viruses and the new A/H1N1 showed that both groups of viruses differed in conserved characteristics that reflect a distinct propensity of these viruses to undergo a specific interaction with swine or human host proteins or receptors. Swine H1N1/N2 viruses that sporadically infected humans featured both the swine and the human interaction pattern. Substitutions F71S, T128S, E302K, M314L in HA1 of swine H1N1 viruses from North America are identified as critical for the human interaction pattern of A/H1N1 and residues D94, D196 and D274 are predicted to be "hotspots" for polymorphisms which could increase infectivity of A/H1N1 virus. At least one of these residues has already emerged in the A/H1N1 isolates from Spain, Italy and USA. The domain 286- 326 was identified to be involved in virus/receptor interaction. Conclusion: Our results (i) contribute to better understanding of the origin of the novel A/H1N1 influenza virus, (ii) provide a tool for monitoring its molecular evolution (iii) predicts hotspots associated with enhanced infectivity in humans and (iv) identify therapeutic and diagnostic targets for prevention and treatment of A/H1N1 infection.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

From Dr. Niman’s site:

www.recombinomics.com...

“As has been noted daily in new media reports, D225G is widespread, and phylogenetic analysis shows that the sub-clade in Norway and Ukraine is even more widespread than reported isolate with D225G, raising concerns that the D225G is circulating undetected because most samples are collected from the upper respiratory tract, while D225G is largely in the low respiratory tract.

The designation of a "low reactor" means that the titer of a reference anti-sera is reduced by at least 4 four. A four fold reduction in titer is typically called a mis-match and mismatched vaccines are a concern because a vaccination will not eliminate the new changes that reduced the titer, but will eliminate the wild type that competes with the variant. Therefore the use of a poorly match vaccine leads to increased vaccine resistance and in this case would select for D225G.”

Precisely.

Once again quoting Niman…

“Therefore the use of a poorly match vaccine leads to increased vaccine resistance and in this case would select for D225G.”

So one more time… So yes, the vaccine will help to select for the more virulent D225G strain. The vaccine has now given the more lethal strain a leapfrog advantage over the more benign strains throughout the world.

I do not believe that this was accidental.

They may try to spin this vaccine as “some protection” but the protection is essentially nil. The vaccine will essentially eliminate the wild type (or more benign H1N1) that competes with variant or more lethal H1N1 with the D225G.

D225G is associated with the 1918-1919 influenza and also associated with DAH (diffuse alveolar hemorrhage) This has now been found in the Ukraine, Norway France and the US, to name a few.

This is bad news folks.

An interesting read in section 14 of this PDF about vaccines..
www.policestateplanning.com...
(yes this is from a conspiracy theory website but then ATS is all about conspiracy theory. It is a very interesting read.)

All of the above is just my opinion for what its worth.

Regards and best wishes to all.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ofthepeople

That's where I disagree with you, the point where you decide it was an intentional conspiracy.

Dr Niman disagrees with you as well on that point for what it's worth.

People were very dismissive of Dr Niman on these threads despite me and other posters trying to tell them he is a fair and balanced source. I find it hilarious that when he posts something that side can "use" he's suddenly a valid source despite the fact he would not agree with the conclusions being made from his data by these people.

How deliciously ironic....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It seems that I may stepped on some toes saying unfavorable things about vaccinations and the companies that produce them. It is for me possible to argue any of the following: conspiracy, incompetence, or greed. It becomes more difficult to argue for the benefit of mankind, which at times I have attempted to do in order to sort this all out.

So no, I am not taking the vaccine, and neither is anyone in my family. This is our personal choice. It seems to me to be useless against the more dangerous DAH (diffuse alveolar hemorrhage) strain with the D225G at best, and at worst may be detrimental in other ways including helping to select for the D225G strain. (as I have explained in my previous posts.)

Since the critics of the vaccine critics like to say that their information is only from conspiracy theory sites here are a few from peer-reviewed publications from pubmed. The citations are listed and easily verifiable, although I did not link to them, as my link would be through an easily identifiable institution. Maybe later, if I have time, I will try to link them outside of my usual access point. Of course these studies are using mice, as one would not be able to sacrifice humans to verify the neurological damage. Note that the dose used in the mice was “with the adjuvants at doses equivalent to those given to US military service personnel.”

The result: “Behavioral testing showed motor deficits in the aluminum treatment group that expressed as a progressive decrease in strength measured by the wire-mesh hang test (final deficit at 24 wk; about 50%). Significant cognitive deficits in water-maze learning were observed in the combined aluminum and squalene group (4.3 errors per trial) compared with the controls (0.2 errors per trial) after 20 wk.”

It is also of note that the second study which deals with the known ability of oil adjuvants such as Freund’s adjuvant and squalene to produce arthritis and auto-immune type disease in lab animals, even with a single dose. It should furthermore be noted that “The ability to transfer arthritis was associated with a pro-inflammatory cytokine profile..” A pro-inflammatory cytokine profile may help to trigger cytokine storm, which appears to be a likely mechanism of the DAH or diffuse alveolar hemorrhage seen in the 1918-1919 influenza and now H1N1 2009 with the D225G.

The GSK H1N1vaccine, Pandemrix, contains squalene, although they do not call it squalene, it is called MF-59. Novartis also has a proprietary squalene component known as AS03.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Aluminum Adjuvant Linked to Gulf War Illness
Induces Motor Neuron Death in Mice
Michael S. Petrik,*,1,2 Margaret C. Wong,1,2 Rena C. Tabata,1,3
Robert F. Garry,4 and Christopher A. Shaw1,5,6
1Department of Ophthalmology; 2Program in Neuroscience; 3Program in Experimental Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada;
4Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA; 5Departments of Physiology;and 6Experimental Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Received March 9, 2006; Revised May 3, 2006; Accepted May 9, 2006
Abstract
Gulf War illness (GWI) affects a significant percentage of veterans of the 1991 conflict, but its origin remains unknown. Associated with some cases of GWI are increased incidences of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and other neurological disorders. Whereas many environmental factors have been linked to GWI, the role of the anthrax vaccine has come under increasing scrutiny. Among the vaccine’s potentially toxic components are the adjuvants aluminum hydroxide and squalene. To examine whether these compounds might contribute to neuronal deficits associated with GWI, an animal model for examining the potential neurological impact of aluminum hydroxide, squalene, or aluminum hydroxide combined with squalene was developed. Young, male colony CD-1
mice were injected with the adjuvants at doses equivalent to those given to US military service personnel. All mice were subjected to a battery of motor and cognitive-behavioral tests over a 6-mo period postinjections. Following sacrifice, central nervous system tissues were examined using immunohistochemistry for evidence of inflammation and cell death. Behavioral testing showed motor deficits in the aluminum treatment group that expressed as a progressive decrease in strength measured by the wire-mesh hang test (final deficit at 24 wk; about 50%). Significant cognitive deficits in water-maze learning were observed in the combined aluminum and squalene group (4.3 errors per trial) compared with the controls (0.2 errors per trial) after 20 wk. Apoptotic neurons were identified in aluminum-injected animals that showed significantly increased activated
caspase-3 labeling in lumbar spinal cord (255%) and primary motor cortex (192%) compared with the controls. Aluminum-treated groups also showed significant motor neuron loss (35%) and increased numbers of astrocytes (350%) in the lumbar spinal cord. The findings suggest a possible role for the aluminum adjuvant in some neurological features associated with GWI and possibly an additional role for the combination of adjuvants. doi: 10.1385/NMM:9:1:83

www.ncbi.nlm.nih. gov
Clin Exp Immunol 2004;137:59–64 doi:10.1111/j.1365-2249.2004.02498.x
© 2004 Blackwell Publishing Ltd 59OOOO
Adjuvant oil induces waves of arthritogenic lymph node cells
B. C. Holm, J. C. Lorentzen & A. Bucht Correspondence: Dr Johnny C. Lorentzen, Centre for Molecular Medicine L8:04, Karolinska Hospital, S-171 67 Stockholm, Sweden E-mail: [email protected]
Adjuvant oil induces waves of arthritogenic lymph node cells prior to
arthritis onset
B. C. HOLM*, J. C. LORENTZEN‡ & A. BUCHT† *
Diabetes Research, Immunology Unit, Department of Endocrinology, Lund
University, Malmö University Hospital, Rheumatology Unit at Karolinska Hospital, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute,Stockholm and Department of Medical Countermeasures, FOI NBC Defence, Swedish Defence Research Agency, Umeå, Sweden
(Accepted for publication 2 April 2004)
SUMMARY
A single intradermal injection of the adjuvant-oil squalene induces T cell mediated arthritis in DA rats. The chain of events leading from nonspecific provocation of the immune system to arthritis is largely unknown. Previous studies have demonstrated that lymph node (LN) cells are of pathogenic importance, i.e. cells from LNs draining the injection site can transfer arthritis to naïve DA rats. Recently we have demonstrated cellular uptake of adjuvant oil in draining lymph nodes but also that nondraining
LNs become hyperplastic and harbour arthritogenic cells. Here, we aimed to determine from which time-point prior to arthritis onset arthritogenic cells appear in draining inguinal and nondraining axillary/ brachial LNs, respectively. We demonstrated that the ability to transfer arthritis was strongly dependent on the time-point after adjuvant-injection with clear-cut differences between draining and nondraining LN cells. Cells harvested at day 5 postinjection (p.i) were not able to transfer arthritis, while at day 8 p.i, a first wave of arthritogenic cells appeared in draining LNs. The ability to transfer arthritis was associated with a pro-inflammatory cytokine profile as indicated by the IL-1
b and IFN g expression in cells from draining LNs. Subsequently, at day 11 p.i., just before arthritis onset, arthritogenic cells appeared also in nondraining LNs. These results shed new light on the induction of arthritic diseases, implicating a two-step mechanism for the development of pathogenic cells. Firstly, a pro-inflammatory burst in responding lymphoid organs leading to a local pool of arthritogenic cells and, secondly, a transmission of arthritogenecity to other LNs and precipitation of disease in peripheral joints.

Once again, just my take on a small percentage of the information that I have reviewed and observed over the years.

Sorry this post is so long.
Regards to all.

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Sat Nov 28 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on Thu Dec 3 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

www.examiner.com... lung-hemorrhaging-virus

H1N1 deaths increase as mutations combine - vaccine & antiviral resistant, lung hemorrhaging virus
November 28, 7:46 AMLA Health Technology Examiner Victoria Nicks

H1N1 Mutation Resists Swine Flu Vaccine in France

The World Health Organization has reported that global deaths from the H1N1 virus have increased by 1000 in the past week. At the same time, the H1N1 virus is mutating, with each mutation causing different effects in patients, and combining in some cases. The national medical laboratory in Britain reported that the H1N1 vaccine would probably not be effective against the variant of the swine flu virus found in the Ukraine flu outbreak. This variant, in which the virus uses D225G as a receptor binding domain, causes bleeding in the lungs. Another H1N1 mutation results in the resistance to treatment with antiviral medication.

Swine flu vaccine won't prevent infection with deadly H1N1 mutated virus

The same mutation that results in acute respiratory damage, due to the location of the viral infection, has been called a "low reactor" to the vaccine. This means that the vaccine will not provide an immune response for that strain of virus adequate to prevent infection.

Lung hemorrhaging caused by swine flu

Lung hemorrhaging is being caused by a swine flu mutation that has been reported in China, Norway, France, and the Ukraine as having a receptor binding domain of D225G. In the United States, there has been a report of fatalities in patients with hemorrhaged lungs, but the mutation has not been confirmed.

Tamiflu-resistant H1N1 mutation

A strain of H1N1 that is resistant to Tamiflu, an antiviral medication, has been found worldwide. Clusters occurred in North Carolina and Wales. One case of H1N1 found in France with the D225G designation was also resistant to Tamiflu.

Swine flu mutation combinations

To date, the H1N1 mutations in the Ukraine have included bleeding in the lungs and resistance to the vaccine, and a case in France included bleeding in the lungs and resistance to antiviral treatment. The common factor appears to be the severe symptom caused by D225G.

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Sat Nov 28 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 11/28/2009 by Katie]

[mod edit: added Required EX tags and source link]

[edit on 29-11-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It looks like even having just one thread dedicated to news and updates was too much to ask for. The killer vaccine and bioweapon swine flu folks rounded up the "vaccines are evil" group and made their way here.

Clearly there is no topic discipline left on ATS. The rules concerning proper attribution of external content sources seem to have vanished as well....

[edit on 28-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
It looks like even having just one thread dedicated to news and updates was too much to ask for. The killer vaccine and bioweapon swine flu folks rounded up the "vaccines are evil" group and made their way here.

Clearly there is no topic discipline left on ATS. The rules concerning proper attribution of external content sources seem to have vanished as well....

Keep hitting the ALERT option. Truly off topic posts will be addressed by the mods.

Hang in there.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
. . . .
Swine flu vaccine won't prevent infection with deadly H1N1 mutated virus

The same mutation that results in acute respiratory damage, due to the location of the viral infection, has been called a "low reactor" to the vaccine. This means that the vaccine will not provide an immune response for that strain of virus adequate to prevent infection.
. . . .
To date, the H1N1 mutations in the Ukraine have included bleeding in the lungs and resistance to the vaccine, and a case in France included bleeding in the lungs and resistance to antiviral treatment. The common factor appears to be the severe symptom caused by D225G.

This is bad news for anyone who wanted to be immunised.

Now, not only is the vaccine only going to be utterly useless where it is most needed, but using the vaccine will cut down on the less deadly swine flu, which will allow the more deadly form to become prevalent, killing more people than would die if there was no vaccinations.

But will the government, media and pharma mouthpieces stop pushing a worse than useless vaccine?
I doubt it.

Unless the D225G strain was released intentionally to force governments to buy a new lot of vaccine which has already been made . . .

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Keep hitting the ALERT option. Truly off topic posts will be addressed by the mods.

Hang in there.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by loam]

Eco's desire to be the authority is really tiresome. Yes, other people want to talk about this without the "authority" chiming in with personal agenda and overbearing bs totalitarianism. How about eco stays on one thread and let the rest of us talk about what we want to?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The author of this thread has asked that it be a news and updates thread several times.

There is a dedicated thread for discussion of alternative pathogens here.

No one is trying to deny anyone's right to participate, they're merely asking that off topic posts be taken to the proper threads.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
ive just joined and have posted some updates in
Swine Flu news and updates thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

can someone tell me pls
should i use this thread instead
is it more popular??

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jesuitsdidit

can someone tell me pls
is it more popular??

Popularity has it's drawbacks.
Spin the wheel and pick a thread.
I personally like the one about Mexico and the H8N5.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

can someone tell me pls
is it more popular??

Popularity has it's drawbacks.
Spin the wheel and pick a thread.
I personally like the one about Mexico and the H8N5.

ok but which thread do people use for ongoing updates??

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

ok but which thread do people use for ongoing updates??

There's no simple answer, which I guess is why no-one's answering.
Your posts are fine where they are, and may help bring that thread back to life.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The author of this thread has asked that it be a news and updates thread several times.

No one is trying to deny anyone's right to participate, they're merely asking that off topic posts be taken to the proper threads.

Purpose built by who and for what reason?

Even before you recommended people use that idiotic thread I had my suspicions that you had started it. I'm certainly not going to co-operate in keeping a purpose-built strawman alive.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Purpose built by who and for what reason?

Even before you recommended people use that idiotic thread I had my suspicions that you had started it. I'm certainly not going to co-operate in keeping a purpose-built strawman alive.

You go Kailassa!
Maybe eco can go self destruct in cyber-swine-flu-land and do us all a favor.
Thou protesteth too much would definately point to strawman city!

Dr Niman and his horsesheet can go too. Obviously not smart enough to make money in this disaster or provide anything worthy of collection.

Meanwhile, the political posturing in Ukraine will lead toward another volitale election. And the usual will die from the flu as does every year around the world.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Lets see if I'm understanding this right. A person that has received a swine flu shot is given the live virus. They are around somebody that has the swine flu that person can develope a mutated type of the swine flu possibly a more lethal type. They would have known this because one Doctor wrote about this. Maybe not all mutated strains of the virus infect people this way. Now what is that new seasonal flu shot going to do since that one is going on the market or has been out there?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
Lets see if I'm understanding this right. A person that has received a swine flu shot is given the live virus. They are around somebody that has the swine flu that person can develope a mutated type of the swine flu possibly a more lethal type. They would have known this because one Doctor wrote about this. Maybe not all mutated strains of the virus infect people this way. Now what is that new seasonal flu shot going to do since that one is going on the market or has been out there?

Not only a single live virus, there is no quality control for other viruses to be contained in the vaccine. For instance the Polio vaccines in 1957-1963 contained live Simian Virus 40. Since they were concerned with only polio the other virus went unchecked. The manufacture from chimp livers meant that anything in that chimp was now injected into humans.
Since I received that vaccine I stand to develop tumors anytime after age 50.

Vaccines are meant to quell plagues. They are not meant for individual health. The principle is utilitarianism. In the long run... that's not what I would choose for my personal health.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join