It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemorrhagic flu in US, says Polk County Coroner, deaths under-reported

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is very clear that Pneumonia side effects if untreated causes swelling of the brain and the hart, causes edema and lungs to fill with phlegm in chronic untreated cases the lungs will fill with pus and abscess that will bleed into the lungs.

And that is what I have researched so far.

I'm not sure if I agree, like I said, that the numbers may mostly be from pneumonia and not swine flu (maybe you are right, but I'm getting to where I don't want to read anymore on this for a while).

In any case, I can admit that I notice a lot of the symptoms of some of these various diseases can overlap to the point where it can get confusing.

Still, when it's so weird and matches the swine/hybrid symptoms, I take it at face value when my cousin's and my doctors have informed us we had it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
3 or 4 "accidental" spills across the world, time took its course and created a mutation, more deaths occurring. The mutation is here and is happening.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
I'm glad I stopped smoking and got my lungs back to functioning normal. I'm able to run like I was in high school again. I'd hate to come down with this illness and have smokers lung. Folks, its time to start getting healthy. I agree with the hot pepper cure. I had a sore throat and sinus infection last week and ate a few hot peppers and my symptoms went away.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by OpenYourHead]

There is evidence that smoking prevents this type of lung infection. The layer of tar in your lungs prevents the virus particles from making it into your lung tissue.

www.coloyan.com...

Nicotine has undergone * an image overhaul, at least biomedically. In the past few years researchers have found that the substance can alleviate symptoms of ailments such as Alzheimer's disease and ulcerative colitis. Just how nicotine battles these foes, however, has remained unclear. Now, by studying sepsis, Luis Ulloa of North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, N.Y., has evidence elucidating nicotine's biochemical pathways that could lead to more potent anti-inflammatory drugs.

This was from scientific american 2006.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Thanks for the thread Apacheman. The thing I'm wondering is whether this is being dispersed by planes or something other than innoculations. That might help explain the Iowa outbreak. We're in New Jersey, not very far from NYC. We had jets fly over yesterday (Sunday 22nd), four waves in the course of a half an hour. They were at very low altitude for our highly populated area. We were in different parts of the house and my wife thought it peculiar too, it was not just my impression of the low flight paths and noise. I mentioned to her "I wonder if they're releasing something into the air?"

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

One observer wrote, "One of the most striking of the complications was hemorrhage from mucous membranes, especially from the nose, stomach, and intestine. Bleeding from the ears and petechial hemorrhages in the skin also occurred."[13] The majority of deaths were from bacterial pneumonia, a secondary infection caused by influenza, but the virus also killed people directly, causing massive hemorrhages and edema in the lung.[10]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Despite the incredible amount of shillage in this thread, and every other pandemic thread, here is what I believe to be true.

-H1N1 swine flu was manufactured in a lab.

-Anyone who dies of it, was murdered.

-The vaccines will not help you, and based on TPTB's effort to get everyone to take it, it is most likely part of their plan to reduce the population of Earth to 500,000,000.

-Based on what has happened to Moshe, his info was correct. A mutated swine flu, that is the 1918 strain has been released in the Ukraine, and now has spread across the globe. It was probably in vaccines, and sprayed by aircraft. (yes it is a bio attack).

-Now that it has spread to Iowa, we should all be thinking of preparation for TSTHTF.

-I somehow know I will survive.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Encephalitis lethargica (EL) or von Economo disease is an atypical form of encephalitis. Also known as "sleepy sickness" or as "sleeping sickness" (though different from the sleeping sickness transmitted by the tsetse fly), EL was first described by the neurologist Constantin von Economo (1876-1931) in 1917,[1][2] EL attacks the brain, leaving some victims in a statue-like condition, speechless and motionless.[3] Between 1915 and 1926,[4] an epidemic of encephalitis lethargica spread around the world; no recurrence of the epidemic has since been reported, though isolated cases continue to occur.[5][6]

The 1918 swine flu also caused Von Economo disease in many people. This will probably be making a comeback. Some people might be turing into statues, unable to move or speak.

Also the swine Flu of 1918 caused mental disorders in people.

Thats all we need more crazy people in the world.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Despite the incredible amount of shillage in this thread, and every other pandemic thread, here is what I believe to be true.

-H1N1 swine flu was manufactured in a lab.

-Anyone who dies of it, was murdered.

-The vaccines will not help you, and based on TPTB's effort to get everyone to take it, it is most likely part of their plan to reduce the population of Earth to 500,000,000.

-Based on what has happened to Moshe, his info was correct. A mutated swine flu, that is the 1918 strain has been released in the Ukraine, and now has spread across the globe. It was probably in vaccines, and sprayed by aircraft. (yes it is a bio attack).

-Now that it has spread to Iowa, we should all be thinking of preparation for TSTHTF.

-I somehow know I will survive.

Good luck.

Great assessment. 500,000,000 is a small number. We can afford 5 billion at this point and still be ok. So yes, this scenerio is like 12 Monkeys Part II where Bruce Willis has to come back even further to 1918 or something.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sounds like what I have been warned about previously. I have posted this before but I just wanted to reiterate it as it shows how the powers that be knew of this all along and the next possible steps of this epidemic. The information below was shared with me about 6 months ago.

I just wanted to contribute by saying that there have been several mutations of the H1N1, all of them with much higher fatality rates. So far they have been contained but there is evidence suggesting that mutations are occurring world-wide and we will soon have several extremely deadly variations of the H1N1 in circulation globally.

This information was relayed to me by a good friend who interacts with Homeland Security, FEMA, and also has input in the WHO. It was suggested that I stock up on important supplies and to honestly be prepared for a Marshal Law Quarantine scenario, as it is appearing more and more likely.

I did not honestly care about H1N1 until my friend shared this information with me, and he himself has already stocked up and is taking precautions to protect himself and his family. He is also utilizing specialized Hand Sanitizer that he says will protect your hands from harboring the H1N1 for upwards of 6-12 hours between applications. When it gets bad enough he will also be utilizing a mask that is specially treated with a polymer-bond sanitizer that kills H1N1 on contact.

In all, he says the biggest thing to fear is the mutation and subsequent quarantine that could occur nationally even globally that will severely limit and restrict basic services and even food and water. The few mutations they have caught have upwards of a 50% death rate, although subsequent infections from those mutations tend to be milder. But all it takes is 1 mutation to take hold.

I am not getting the shot, but I am putting together a survival kit and emergency supplies just in case. As well as First Aide supplies and the specialized sanitizers.

My friend has no reason to lie to me and he is indeed taking the precautions he recommended. He interacts directly with those in the know and also has access to sensitive "NON PUBLIC" information.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Don't be afraid, if you read the CDC historical facts about the 1918, in order to be another deadly pandemic it will have to be a new emerging virus not an old one or a mutation of one of the virus like H5N1 limited to birds but since 2008 it seems to be moving more and more from bird to human but so far is been controlled with an array of medical treatments.

Still even if a new emerging virus could cause an increase of death rates still the antivirals, anti bacterials and big pharma choice of vaccines will make a big difference on death rates.

One very interesting finding in the CDC historical data is that Before the 1918 pandemic US was experiencing a major respiratory disease epidemic beginning in December 1915, death rates were higher that year, by the time the 1918 virus hit people immune systems were already compromised.

Although in 1918 influenza was not a nationally reportable disease and diagnostic criteria for influenza and pneumonia were vague, death rates from influenza and pneumonia in the United States had risen sharply in 1915 and 1916 because of a major respiratory disease epidemic beginning in December 1915 (22). Death rates then dipped slightly in 1917.

A key factor of why now people with compromised immune systems seem to be affected the most by pneumonia.

I will be more worry about an increase on pneumonia cases followed by more cases if seasonal and swine flu outbreaks

Were the 3 Waves in 1918–1919 Caused by the Same Virus? If So, How and Why?

Historical records since the 16th century suggest that new influenza pandemics may appear at any time of year, not necessarily in the familiar annual winter patterns of interpandemic years, presumably because newly shifted influenza viruses behave differently when they find a universal or highly susceptible human population. Thereafter, confronted by the selection pressures of population immunity, these pandemic viruses begin to drift genetically and eventually settle into a pattern of annual epidemic recurrences caused by the drifted virus variants.

In the 1918–1919 pandemic, a first or spring wave began in March 1918 and spread unevenly through the United States, Europe, and possibly Asia over the next 6 months (Figure 1). Illness rates were high, but death rates in most locales were not appreciably above normal. A second or fall wave spread globally from September to November 1918 and was highly fatal. In many nations, a third wave occurred in early 1919 (21). Clinical similarities led contemporary observers to conclude initially that they were observing the same disease in the successive waves. The milder forms of illness in all 3 waves were identical and typical of influenza seen in the 1889 pandemic and in prior interpandemic years. In retrospect, even the rapid progressions from uncomplicated influenza infections to fatal pneumonia, a hallmark of the 1918–1919 fall and winter waves, had been noted in the relatively few severe spring wave cases. The differences between the waves thus seemed to be primarily in the much higher frequency of complicated, severe, and fatal cases in the last 2 waves.

www.cdc.gov...

[edit on 23-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Yep, Marshal Law Quarantine scenario has been on the books for a couple of years now as we approach 2010.
Steps in preparation should include giving your phone number to relatives and neighbors along with other important information like where your kids are at school in case you can't get to them. Talk about emergency plans at home. Have a route you will walk home from work. Have a homebase and an alternative place to go.
I had an eerie experience just before the end of Ramadan when it was high orange alert and I went to the grocery store. My state of mind was in red alert and as I stocked up on a basket of canned goods I looked at all the other souls in the store who were unaware of the threat. Super weird feeling but when I stocked my pantry I felt really good.
There is a recent series called The Colony on Discovery that was an experiment of post apocalypto that gives some great tips on survival.
In training we go through a tabletop exercise that simulates an emergency, do that with friends and family and see what you learn.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Regarding the planes, I'll add that maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago I was noticing something while I slept. It's hard to remember (and I think it was wee morning hours but I can't remember) because I brushed the worry out of my head right away and focused on sleeping. It just sounded like a lot of loud plane noise, and I do remember thinking the planes sounded kind of low. Normally I notice planes in the sky, since reading so much about ufo's and martial law possibilities, anyway. So I sometimes notice low planes because they make me nervous.
I'm not terribly far from an airport, though.

I also remember recently when I heard the noise, that I imagined all kinds of possibilities of what it could be. In addition, I recalled the firsthand stories I'd heard about World War II in Poland - the noises of war to be heard outside windows. So that's how I know this noise seemed more than usual, because my imagination ran with it.

So I'm not trying to add to the fear, just add my experience. For now I don't think much of it, especially since I don't know much about planes or whether chemtrails are real, at all. The plane theory sounds so outrageous, I just don't know what to think of it without proof.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When Homeland Security announced the plastic and duct tape over windows they probably had this scenerio in mind. But that method of protection proved fatal and poorly delivered to the public. So in many cases the government will not be able to protect us or provide precautionary information.
This pandemic is part of life... we can only hope for the best.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just got a report a few minutes ago from an ER nurse friend in Phoenix.

She reports no cases of hemorrhagic flu there yet, BUT....

She also reported that two pregnant women were recently brought in with flu symptoms and both died within hours of arrival, losing both mother and child. No autopsies yet, and no one knows what exactly killed them.

She'll be giving me updates every day or so, so I'll let you guys know the moment I hear anything worth reporting. I'm trying to establish a network of ER personnel to report to me when they can. I strongly suggest that if you know any ER people you do the same and we collate all reports here.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So lets prepare!

This is what I found about back in 1910:

Influenza Epidemic

In 1920, Dr. Ernst Krebs of Carson City, Nevada, reported on his use of Lomatium dissectum, then called Leptotaenia, during the epidemic of 1918. He observed that the nearby Washoe tribe had not a single death from influenza or its complications. He then made a preparation of this plant medicine for treating his patients with influenza, from the mildest to the most virulent cases. He states that he found Lomatium dissectum to be the nearest approach then available as a specific in epidemic influenza and the accompanying pneumonia.

I just ordered one pound of lycium barbarum!

Take Care ALL!

[edit on 23-11-2009 by whereismyfather]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Does everyone get the idea we are about to be rained upon by a shi__ storm of gigantic proportions, and there isn't anything we can do about it???

Here we have the MSM grooming us daily, telling us how bad this stuff is, but the first rounds of H1N1 seemed mild as compared to seasonal flu. it almost seems they know what is really coming in advance. Let's face it, for now, we only have the info they give us, but in the end, we believe what we see with our own eyes. If people start dropping like flies, I'll wonder if they knew how bad it was all along. we will probably never know.

I guess we might have a black plague Christmas on the way.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

The act of buying extra food should be continued indefinitely. Just follow the logical sequence of events you see unfolding before you. If you're wrong, you've lost nothing, but have some extra food, which is a pleasant feeling. If you're right, you just may of saved the life of your family, because if this thing blows up like it can, no one will be allowed to go anywhere, especially the grocery store.
Stop playing games people, do what your gut is telling you, buy some extra food, and stock up on some other essentials now, while you have a chance.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Just got a report a few minutes ago from an ER nurse friend in Phoenix.

She reports no cases of hemorrhagic flu there yet, BUT....

She also reported that two pregnant women were recently brought in with flu symptoms and both died within hours of arrival, losing both mother and child. No autopsies yet, and no one knows what exactly killed them.

She'll be giving me updates every day or so, so I'll let you guys know the moment I hear anything worth reporting. I'm trying to establish a network of ER personnel to report to me when they can. I strongly suggest that if you know any ER people you do the same and we collate all reports here.

Swine flu causes spontaneous abortion.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead

I guess we might have a black plague Christmas on the way.

Is that a new Christmas song? I'm dreaming of a black plague Christmas, just like the one in 1918.
Sorry, couldn't resist. But yeah, seems like that's what's gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Of course, there will be many who perceive this situation differently.

I would be very interested to know if this flu's causal virus is identical to the mysterious Ukrainian 'MSM non-issue'.

We have no defense against abuses that could be behind the worst-case scenario here. Thus the 'fear' is understood.

In a natural event, something tells me, things would develop differently.

I agree and it especially worrisome for those most at risk - need better information - and I posted that so I could tell you: I really appreciate your signature

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join