It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How to drop off the country's radar"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I would say start with a minimalist life first, then you can learn new skills in the process. Then you can you move towards a nomadic life if you like. Also you may want to get this book if you want to learn bushcraft.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
my system for dropping out.
buy a motor home and take a trip to nevada.

in Nevada form a Nevada corporation.
www.nevada123.com...
put the title to the motor home and any other cars or truck you own in the corporation name. register the motor home and any trucks with Commercial apportioned plates. then if you go to other states you can get a 90 day sticker or trip sticker. and since the truck is registered in a corporation name you get the all that NOT in your name but in the corporation name.
many interstate construction companies use Apportioned Plates on all there vehicles so that they do not have to re register smog and pay fees to change the license plates in any state they have a project in.
many construction workers use this trick on the personal work trucks when they move from state to state following jobsas it saves time not having to go to the state DMV and reregister there trucks in each state.they just get a sticker for the state they are in.

I did this when i worked construction because i sometimes worked jobs in 4 to 6 states a year and would have had to smog and change registration in each state. and that could have cost $2000+ per year.
a 90 day Apportion sticker was $25 to $40 every 90 days. and i got the plate in area of nevada that did not require smog.

It takes a federal court order to find out who owns a nevada corporation if its done right.

Now you have a place to live in that is very hard to track without your name on it. and cops can not tell who the driver is unless they stop you.
Many times when the cops are bored they start running plates to get names that they can do a wants and warrants check on.
With the truck or motor home in a corporation name this will not work.
also it a lot more likely that the cops will not search a vehicle with corporation ownership because they will more likely have to have a warrant
if the driver says that he can not give permission.(make a corporation ID card on your computer and print and laminate it so that you can show you are a company employee.)
And if you have picked a corporation name that sounds like a large corporation the cops will only pull you over with cause because the cop may believe that the corporation may have good lawyers.
Get you drivers license with the address on it as a PO box. This makes it harder to track you.

if you work construction like i did the government would have a very hard time tracking you because one of the few way they could use would be the IRS tax forms.
and if you move a lot these would be outdated before the IRS got them.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Dropping off the radar is cool if you've got the money to do it. Doing nothing costs money, Going low tech, living off the land, costs money-everything costs money.

even documentaries about people living away from civilization, growing their own food, raising their own livestock, and so forth, it all costs money.

If you study cases of people who have actually dropped off the radar, they saved, and planned for that move for a long time. preparation and money, that lets you do what you want most of the time.

if you can live cash and barter only, you got a shot at being unnoticed by the authorities, but not many people can do that. The best chances of dropping off the radar for sure, will probably be by joining a group of like minded people, who have worked for a long time to be able to do this. But that gropup will not likely take in newcomers, as they are highly suspicious of outsiders. Good luck at that.

To anyone wanting to really drop off the radar, think long about it, it's harder than you think.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, there are different levels of privacy. You don't have to go to the point of being in the Witness Protection Program, but there are a few simple steps that you can take to minimize your visibility and keep a lower profile.

This is especially true for individuals in jobs that have some degree of personal risk. Police officers for one, judges for another. There are other professions that require individuals to keep their private life private, as a simple matter of personal safety.

Luna mentions one of his keys to privacy in his book. One of the best ideas he has is this - Never ever disclose the physical address of your personal residence. Get a PO Box, or a mailbox at UPS or Mail Boxes, Etc. Use this address for all mail and correspondence. Never have mail sent to your home address, and never tell anyone your physical address if you can help it.

Secondly, get a private, unlisted telephone number. If you did just these two things, you would go a long way to keeping a pretty private life.

Naturally, there are other things that you can do. Wandering around on the Internet exposes you to a lot of risks as well. Read Luna's book. It's a good read.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Heres an option:

Doesnt look too fun though.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i think this post is ignoring the impending RFID chipping around the corner. The real question should involve how to get around THAT. Any hackers here? Ha.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If you can isolate the RFID chip; a microwave oven and the chip inside it for 30 seconds will fry the circuitry...
If it's already embedded inside you this might be a problem...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

HERE are some files that include privacy topics. I don't bother using any of the techniques, I just provide some info on the topic that you might find useful.

Google "perpetual traveler" and there are some sites that are from people that actually use these techniques, as well as other techniques they found useful.

[edit on 9/12/09 by PSUSA]

[edit on 9/12/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by InertiaZero

work construction or waiting at places that hire illegals. get cash.

That won't work unless you change jobs every week or so. Remember, according to the OP, you have no car, home, shower, storage, or anything. Which means you will have to go from place to place using their resources for free (the whole parasite concept introduced above), carrying all of your belongings with you. After a few days of seeing you lurk around, my guess is that the local hotel, restaurant, etc. will call the authorities and no longer allow use of their resources.

Further, if you read another post above it said: "Manage to avoid the cops for a decent amount of time...." -- or something to that effect. Notice how that time was not indefinite?

If one really wants to live off-grid and disappear, you can't do it halfway and expect to remain hidden.

Most illegal aliens are able to successfully hide-out because they usually have at least one legal connection. Someone who's name they can use, a business owner that they know will hire them, etc. Plus, they usually live in groups of like-minded people with the same problem -- being illegal. That greatly reduces the chance of anybody getting everybody else caught.

It's probably possible to completely disappear in this country. However, one would have to be willing to leave American conveniences behind. I don't think planning on holding a job would be a good move. Perhaps random, odd-jobs. But nothing that would require a schedule, transportation, or anything like that.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
Just do what the animal that collects acorns for food does. Sure you can live like that with no ID. Sure you can get cleaned up at sinks in good public restrooms all over. Sure you can wash your clothes at hotels open 24 hours or laundry mats. Sure you can live on food that doesnt have to be cooled or cooked. It's as simply as that. Then you dont have to pay for a house to stay at. Just sleep in airports or outside. Plus, you wont need a car since there are taxis and local buses. You'd have more money to spend than a house owner and car owner combinded. For entertainment just go into some hotel lobby to watch T.V. or go play some video games at an arcade.

Anything further to add so it works? Anyone think this would not work?

but then your not really off the radar, because most of those places would have camera's and you would be interacting with many, many people. If you needed to go off the radar and were showing up at hotels, arcades, airports it would be easy for someone to find you because they would just have to either ask some people, show your picture around or, like i mentioned, look at security cameras.

I'd assume if you really wanted to go off the radar - for good sort of thing, you would have to spend alot of time saving to get the necessities and then setting up your own space in the middle of nowhere where you can grow your own food, cut your own wood, have a source of water and heat and shelter and use either camp showers of have your own cabin set up sort of thing. No contact with the outside world.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

I have been working overseas for over 2 years now and I am not considered resident in any particular country. In my opinion it would be all but impossible to disappear completely and 'drop off the radar', unless you and your family would be prepared to live in a log cabin in the mountains and be totally self sufficient and never interact with another human being ever again. Although that idea does appeal to me, the girlfriend wouldn't have any of it, and I would like to have kids one day so I have to deal with things the best way I can.

The big advantage we have over TPTB is that there is so many of us infesting the planet now, and their reliance on computers. While technology is very efficient, it is also open to manipulation.

On that note, start small. Consider getting a second passport. Do a little research of your family, you may be eligible for citizenship/passport of another country through a relative. If that isn't the case, consider getting a duplicate of your original passport. It's not widely known but it is possible. It's very handy to have a 'clean' passport and a 'dirty' one, even if they are both known to the authorities.

In addition to the link posted by PSUSA, here are a few more links to similar sites that might be of interest to people interested in the Permanent Tourist (PT) lifestyle.

Escape Artist
Escape Artist:
An ex-pat online newsletter with a comprehensive range of articles about offshore living, property overseas and a wide range of other related items and links to e-books.

Inside Universe

A good resource for PT Lifestyle e-books and community.

Keep Your Assets

Website claiming to have information pertaining to keeping your stuff out of the clutches of the IRS. I don't know too much about this one so I can't vouch for it but it has been recommended to me by a few people, so it may be promising. Either way, there is plenty of stuff out there on the net.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by CallSign]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Lol, "be a street performer for money"

So where are you going to get the money to pay for the instrument?

Where are you going to get the talent to use said instrument if you don't play an instrument?

What type of monkey would you recommend for maximum performance?

How am I going to get an Elephant to wear pink boxer shorts?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by DaMod]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join