It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Millitary Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hey, this might sound corny but for those of u who played msg know of metalgear rex and ray and those who arent visit the link belowe.well i was wondering if something like this is being built in real life or if any1 knows anything a bout a millitary constructing a machine that kinda has tha same porpuse as the 1 in the game. please poost ur feedback thx

alteka.nothsa.com...

alteka.nothsa.com...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
dont think so. Your source is a cartoon designer

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i kno its not real but i ment is there anything real that has some similarities as that. please post i really wanna kno.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No, not a walking machine anyway. The nearest to either of them you will get is an ssbn or a FROG. Walking missile platforms are just tooo complicated to be at all practical. They would be too heavy, very slow and very vulnerable at the legs. Complete fiction in my opinion. A tracked or wheeled platform would be far superior.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
thx for your replys I look forward to any responses or comments please try to provide links or photos.
im really intrested in this subject and anything you kno or your opinions are welcomed so keep posting even of you have theorys im all eares.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The closest subject I can think of would be a Mech that a team in California is trying to build. Their goal is to eventually create a robot similiar to a gundam. They are making progress albeit slowly. the link is
www.mechaps.com

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well u could use it if it where on terrain not sutible for tracked veihicles
like swamps or varios things whre tracks wouldnt get traction
be handy for underwater

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
"blue" prints for mattel kinda sci-fi toys

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
keep thos ereplys coming i wanna hear all of ur opinions

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There was a rumor of a very large robotic like contraption used in the Gulf War to clear roadways and that sort of stuff. So i would not put it past them. I will keep looking for you though.

Ash

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If you are referring to an ExoSkeleton, then yes, there are prototypes built and being tested. They are for Nurses to lift Patients out of bed. It is a Very large system, that allows a typical female nurse to lift a 300 Lb. man out of bed and place him on wheelchair, on another bed, in a bath, etc.
It uses compressed air to fill bladders that are form radius around the knees, back, arms, etc. small triggers activate valves, the bags fill, and the nurse is able to lift. It is very bulky, slow and cumbersome. In the future i am sure they will be far smaller, lighter, and far stronger.
The Military is working on a exoskins, which are not to add Strength, but to create environmental suits. it is very thin, comparable to a wet suit. it creates heat or cools the soldier wearing it.
There are several prototypes to aid running and jumping, for recreational purposes. The military is funding these projects to further the design. Eventually you will see all these systems blend into a single exoskeleton.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ash73
There was a rumor of a very large robotic like contraption used in the Gulf War to clear roadways and that sort of stuff. So i would not put it past them. I will keep looking for you though.
Ash

Interesting. Do you happen to have any links to any inforamtion on this? Does any one else?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well there is this

Rescue Robot

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I know you cant see this so please just Fricken tell me how to get my dang post back how do i make it so i can send posts again???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

top topics

join