It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? I found it this morning in my house.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

I think you hit the nail on the head. Headset piece. As far as how it got on your floor next to a dollar bill, well, I'm not concerned with that in any way as much as I'd be concerned with how a Q-Tip got next to a dollar bill. Are we supposed to trust I didn't put it there for entertainment or curiosity value?

Really now...very funny. Maybe it's a mini-anal probe for your dog, who is a CIA spy.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Looks to me like a crack pipe. But it does kinda remind me of a headset mic, which uses hollow tubing to amplify the sound. Saw one like that in 1998.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I wish people would stop saying it looks like a crack pipe! It looks nothing at all like a pipe!!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Also I'm sure the dollar is there for scope and scale

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you have high-school students, I'd say it was used or going to be used to smoke dope. Around here, I've found two plastic bottles with tubes inserted near the bottom and tape on the outside holding the tube to the bottle (to hold the water in the bottle)...and a piece of aluminum as a tip on the end of the tube (?). Just my 2-cents.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So what is it? Your wife cheating on you or your kids hanging out with druggy friends?

Do you have a cat? If you have a cat it might pick that thing up outside and bring it in.

Maybe you're having memory issues. Maybe it belongs to you.

Maybe it's your neighbor sneaking in and playing video games while you're away at work.

Did your wife put it there to mess with you? Send you a message? That might be her voice tube to you, telling you that you have become a conspiracy wacko. And her hamster's thirsty.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't know what it is, but I do have a suggestion as to how it got there; happens to me all the time. I'm very absent-minded. For example, this morning, before leaving for work, I noticed I had a bandana lying on the top of the freezer (just took it off the day before and left it there). I made a mental note that it was there so I could pick it up before I left. When I went to pick it up, it was gone. And yes, I was alone in the house. I found it near the bathroom. Meaning, I picked it up without noticing it and left it somewhere else for whatever reason that escapes me.

Now, when I'm working, either at my job, in my home, or whatever, I have this tendency to put stuff in my back pocket. And forget all about it. I find it either later in the day when I sit on it and it hurts my butt, or I (I should say my wife...) pick it up out of the washing machine. Or I find it much later because it ended up falling out of my pocket and rolled somewhere without my noticing it.

Perhaps you saw this and wondered what it was and placed it in a pocket for later study. Maybe this happened while you were on the phone or having a conversation, so you did all of this without thinking about it. It sometimes takes me weeks before remembering where I got something like that and piecing the puzzle together.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It is definitely nothing at all to do with drugs. I can assure you of that much.

It being a piece of a headset looks most likely to me, especially after the clever sods on this thread have almost pinpointed it exactly.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Do those esoteric books you own contain any content thatd tip the fedz off with a redflag ? you know some of the shadowy govt agencies that cant be known abotu dont get all this sick gear like yousee on TV and stuff, cause if they were always gettin new toys itd look suspisious..... funding audits ok.. but if thats from a headset it prob felloff from so much field usage. lol they were prob just makeing sure you books werent enchanted or theyd think you were an X-men lol.

FBI CIA, or some ppl (if u can call them that) we dont know about O__O.... you know w/ all this sh** goin on in the world the GOVT needs its best agents out in thefield. but for snoopin around for some books?????????????? not to much a task for some new guys who dont know howto check for there gear out of 2nd nature.... so alot of new guys that usually do paperwork get to do some fieldwork.... and leave it to like someone said earlier some ROOKIE to loose it. whatever im sure your fine dude

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Finder keepers is what i say, I can't see where it might come from but it may have been droppped by someone visiting your home. Although from the way i percieved your post you suspect something more sinister.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to

i would gues it could be from the iron or vacumcleaner they maybe similar to this
post by Choronzon

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
lol, This kind of creeped me out. I didn't read through all the replies, so I don't know if it's already been said, but I know, for 100% certainty, that this is a headset mouthpiece. I know, because I have the exact same one, sitting on my desk in front of me. I have a habit of playing with it when I'm bored, lol. It's a Genius headset microphone.

www.superservices.co.nz...
There's a picture of it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Can we get a list of the books you own? You know, like that Unabomber book list. Maybe you have a few keys to the Mystery in there.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This post could pass as a clever experiment by the OP to prove that most people that reply do not read any of the previous replies.

It's really quite comical.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
according to what you say, someone broke into your house and left what looks
like a copper pipe that is part of a tool. It looks like it's meant to stand heat.
Like the tip of a glass blower?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

ACTUALLY,

you are likely WRONG on both counts.

1. ALL electricity based communciations have been monitored by acres of computers for AT LEAST 39 YEARS. The keyword filtering lists are hundereds of items long.

2. The item is clearly a part of a headset. I have 2 headsets of similar design, myself.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is just a brilliant thread!

OP, I've looked through loads of photos on the net.
I can't find anything (including pet water feeder tubes) that closely matches your found item, apart from, as mentioned by previous posters, the microphone tube from a headset. See Images below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/788016341b22.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d847296c9bb8.jpg[/atsimg]

So, it looks VERY likely that this has come from a mic/headphone/headset.
Do you, or anyone in your household, own, or use, a mic/headset?
If not, then I think we can assume that it came from someone/somewhere else?
It does look too cumbersome, shiny and unsuitable for covert surveillance use, so I'm thinking... mobile phone user maybe?
Many mobile phones come with headsets, some with mic-tubes.
Did anyone get a new mobile phone? Spare mic tube may have fell out the packaging?
Did you receive any other packages by courier? The delivery driver may have used a hands-free headset in his van/truck?

G

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This Item is in fact the voice tube of the Inland Travel Headset 3500 . It slides in and out of the headset if you decide you want to use it or not. If you do not recognize the headset stem then consider the following:

1. Do you work in a facility where they were this headset and perhaps it fell off of someones set and fell into the cuff of your pants? I have personally had paper clips and pens etc do this at different times.

2. Does your spouse possibly use this to talk on the internet when you are not at home and perhaps does not have a plausible and safe enough reason to admit doing such activities when you are not around.

3. Do you wear work boots or similar type of shoe that would have large gaps in the sole? I have had rocks and metal objects get stuck in the soles before and then can come off in your home.

This speaking tube would not be anything covertly used. It is definitely 1000% the actual tube from a cheap cheasy Inland Travel Headset 3500.

Is your home computer near where you found this voice stem? If so LUCY MAY HAVE SOME SPLANNING TODO.....

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am 45 years old. I used to work at a 'Head Shop' (Store that sells crack pipes and bongs, etc) when I was younger.

It is NOT drug paraphanalia.

Any of you that think that, or think your kids are using that to do drugs, need to go to a head shop and learn about drug paraphanalia. They won't mind educating you.

You are embaressing yourselves by opening your mouths and saying that sort of drival. Your opinionating on something you know absolutely nothing about.

I apologize for the insult but it's for your own good.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
www.compusa.com...

The above is a website with a picture of the headphones it probly came from. I never knew a $10 folding set of earphones for playing games could create such a long thread with so many replies.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join