It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gold Bubble and Wiemar-style Trillion-percent Inflation.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Yes I totally agree it's a false flag event with a higher goal in mind

I'm not worried about the fed devaluing the dollar because it will actually make the American market more attractive to the global market

We need to devalue our currency so foreign investors can afford to buy into the dollar for its next up swing

Either way I would be in gold for the long haul and I'm wishin I had more to invest right now because I would be doing very well

Actually what I would do is buy into the pound while the dollar is strong because it will recover while the dollar is being devalued to slow down the recession we've been in all year

Then when the Fed stops printing money I'd buy back into the American market

Hell if I was a business that required material goods I'd purchase bulk goods right now in preparation for the down swim and I'd be making a fortune a real fortune

Then I'd sell them back at a 20% profit just from the currency exchange rates
edit on 7/1/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Both gold and USD increased in value over concerns of brexit so what will happen if/when european banks start collapsing. My current thinking is that the USD will continue to rise, not fall, on European woes. Perhaps they want to push the USD higher so it will eventually collapse into hyperinflation some years into the future, who knows. Few are better in working out the winners in world currencies than Martin economics, but he hasn't got a huge respect for the prospect of gold,... link . Good luck with your investments.
edit on 1-7-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Which is exactly why the Fed is going to introduce negetive interest rates

Who's going to buy into or from the American market from a foreign currency with such a high exchange rate?

I wouldn't buy into a strong dollar id buy into. Weak dollar so that when it increases in value

Buying into a strong currency with a weaker currency is the opposite of what I would want to do

Although the dollar is a reserve currency I would want to buy into something with a more even exchange rate

So the only option for the Fed is to go back to QE or the American market is going to die because no one can afford to buy into or frI'm our markets not even us

They have to devalue it

Gold will be a amazing investment right now knowing that the Fed will have no choice but to start printing money. Inflation happens and gold goes up

Then when the Fed stop printing money you sell

If they devalue the current you want gold if the currency is getting stronger you don't want to be in gold, the reason why gold cost more right now is because of inflation because our economy is wearing and the fed didn't raise interest rates in June because we have been in a recession all year

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm on a cellphone so that post is hard to read but I think you get the idea

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Negetive interest rates turns fiat into monopoly, just cannot see that happening this year unless there is a banking or stock market collapse. For me, gold is safest bet at moment but I'm not an expert in currencies.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
neg. interest rates will not work...
its a last ditch effort.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

They will do it because they have to

How else can the American manufacturing and labor market compete when it cost so much to do business here

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

They will do it because they have to

How else can the American manufacturing and labor market compete when it cost so much to do business here

Think about

If I'm buying American made products with the peso or any other currency weaker than the dollar am I really getting a good return on my investment?

No

So the only option is for the fed to print money so that foreign currencies can actually afford our products and services otherwise they can't affor it

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You can also think about it this way

Let's say your collecting a pension from a labor union worth approx 2400 a month

You can move to an expat community in South America or Mexico and live like a king off 2400 a month or you can live in America and struggle to pay your bills

Well that same principle applies to business and it's why manufacturing plants keep moving out of the country

It's so they can compete in the global market by offering cheaper products more relative to the exchange rate of the country they are moving into.

The market has changed and we need to manage our currency or we will continue to lose our workforce

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Agree its ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Agree its ludicrous.

Actually it's the only thin that will work

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: glend

Agree its ludicrous.

Actually it's the only thin that will work

if that is the only thing left...we are doomed.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

"How else can the American manufacturing and labor market compete when it cost so much to do business here"

By addressing the real problems instead of trying to dance around them. If housing and food were cheap there'd be no need to work longer than 20 hours a week and there wouldn't be any unemployment problems. But the blood sucking leeches want nothing of it, they want to live in excess by riding on the back of bubbles that make in near impossible for the average worker to survive much less live a rewarding life. Usury is the problem and pushing more of it, isn't going to help.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

One thing the globalist don't tell is that shipping minerals and goods creates more pollution than all the worlds cars combined. If governments were really interested in environment they'd dictate locally made goods? But that wouldn't help the banks nor the ten mega corporations that control international trade.

The big ten doesn't worry about US middle class nor the US as a country, only themselves. The fed works for them. US is not a democracy, its a fascist society.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

good points & good reaction to events/opportunities

looking at the East, China is accumulating various resources--- and has in mind building a internal economy of 'Sustainable Communities' that provides most items from It's internal domestic economy... from I-Beams to LASER beams...

because a nation has to be self sustaining to avoid external pressure or arm-twisting.. all enterprises are Vital and some businesses are Strategic necessities...

that's where the Vampire Capitalists in the USA got themselves in a dead-end bind...outsourcing and fragmenting the life-blood of the economic cell.... and each of the 50 USA 'cells' contributed to creating the vibrant & robust entity we call 'Uncle Sam'

sustainable communities is the paradigm which should be followed... not a fragmented riot of competing businesses/industries...

gold $5k silver $250 = a 20-1 ratio...a USA international dollar and a Domestic Dollar with a value of ???

a value based on the CPI model of today is a joke

a value based on 5K gold/250. silver might look like each dollar buying 1 apple or 1 onion or 1 tomato or 1 orange, and for those incarcerated 1 cigarette or 1 twinki type snack that once went for a Quarter

with a fixed price on gold/silver wages & prices will be stringently controlled

edit on nd31146747349402312016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
agree, up there....Gold against the us dollar could go anywhere they want.....play short term and just kill 'em.....not long term......

get a free forexbrokerinc account in three days or less, and clobber the asia session, it's the easiest this last 8 months....

edit on 2-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Well the reason why all the big investment firms are telling everyone short gold is because they are buying it

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

yes the TBTF banks of the Fed. are busy creating naked-gold-shorts... but there is a two prong reason... 1: is to build up their late coming stockpiles of physical bullion
#2: is to keep the USD appear to have strength....

I posted earlier that with gold/silver below $1400/$20 (per ounce each) respectively
that an Apple, Orange, Onion, Potato, Tomato... is easily sold at $1 USD Each

when gold/silver go to $1500/$40 ounce each respectively... watch the prices go from $1 each to $1 per pound and then to .50¢ increments of increasing prices.... and the Fed will call the process 'Inflation' but will not call it Deflation-of-the-USD

welcome to Wonderland

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

In the words of Joe Rogan voodoo economics

You can put money on it that gold valuation will e creeping on up until after the election cycle

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
long gold, long silver. physical delivery only. ammo, food that preserves well.

When the crash comes the markets will try to settle their gold and silver contracts in cash. cash that will be devalued quickly.

Playing the precious metals markets in the short term is pointless imo

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join