The Gold Bubble and Wiemar-style Trillion-percent Inflation.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
I will be buying broken, unwanted Gold and Silver for about 50 cents on the dollar which is still more than what most of these places pay.
Looks like we will open next monday.

But anyhow a burst bubble could effect many different things.
I live a somewhat no frills life and spend most of my free time helping those in need, I myself really have little concern for the things of material existance, so really in my concept of existance I could give a flying F### as to what really occurs.

Then you won't mind placing this sign on the counter....next to your scales.

Dear valued customer

In these economically difficult times

I feel it is my obligation to inform you

that you can sell your unwanted jewelry

directly to reputable refineries and receive

95%

of metal value as opposed to the

50%

that I am about to pay you.

_________

Northern Refineries

Midwest Refineries

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

I can't even get 95%, and by law I have to hold everything for 9 days.
I know one pawn shop over here pays $ 3.00 a gram and that's it for 14K.
I have not checked out these place on the TV , I don't know and have never heard what they do with the Diamonds, I know that in it self is big rip, pay someone a $100 bucks for the Gold in a ring and keep the $3,000.00 diamond and tell them it's glass.
And I don't know of any smelter that would touch 5 grams of gold, the ones I know want a kilo.
If you have someone who pays 95% I would like to meet them, I can't get that for Maple Leafs.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

If you have someone who pays 95% I would like to meet them, I can't get that for Maple Leafs.

Even Kitco , not known for their generosity , is paying better than 95% for Maple Leafs:

1 oz Maple .999 - 1,163.70

Ebay shoppers are willing to pay 108%

My advice.....don't surrender your day job

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Maybe things are differnt where you are but when ever I bought or sold it cost me, I was told the other day since gold is so high the premiums are not in place, for selling.
And I have never said I knew a great deal about gold silver, I have liscense be my main purpose is security, my partner is the one with the knowledge I have learned a little from his other store.
How can you sell at spot if your paying more.
A guy called me today and said that his prices were spot plus what ever fee.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

And I don't know of any smelter that would touch 5 grams of gold, the ones I know want a kilo.
If you have someone who pays 95% I would like to meet them....

Allow me to introduce you....

Northern Refineries

FAQ
Is there a minimum amount of precious metals I can send to be refined?
No, there is no minimum or maximum amount. We can handle any size lot.

Gold
95% of the value of the gold spot (based on current market price determined on date of completion of order).

Midwest Refineries, LLC

No minimum amount of scrap gold, platinum and silver. No amount too small or too large.

Midwest Refineries now pays: 95% of the pure gold contained in your order.

I have no refinery affilliations...I just believe that people should know that these resources are available to the general public...should they ever be needed.

*Respectfully , I think you have some serious brushing-up to do googolplex.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Like I said I don't know that much, but do have a lot of money to invest.
At the store my main job is security, someone comes in to rob the place, I shoot them or they shoot me.
My main gig was construction, but that seems kind of dead in my area these days.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Like I said I don't know that much, but do have a lot of money to invest.

You seem like good person googolplex. I hope you will protect that hard earned $ with knowledge. Remember...the market would love to take it from you.

Best of luck in all of your pursuits.

and oh yeah...keep an eye on that partner...Gold does strange things to people

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Not precisely related, but gives you a sense of how vulnerable everything is:

The FDIC Reserve Is Gone.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What do you suppose this means?

US Mint to Suspend American Eagle Gold 1-Ounce Coins

The U.S. Mint said Wednesday it will suspend sales of the popular American Eagle 1-ounce bullion coins as rising demand depleted its inventory.

"The United States Mint has depleted its current inventory of 2009 American Eagle 1-ounce gold bullion coins due to the continued strong demand for this product," the Mint told its authorized dealers in a memorandum on Wednesday.

November sales to date were at 124,000 ounces, higher than the 115,500 ounces sold in each month of September and October, the Mint said.

The Mint said it expects to resume sales in early December.

Increasing worries about inflation, a falling U.S. dollar and geopolitical tensions are prompting individual investors to take physical possession of gold coins and other bullion products due to the metal's appeal as a safe haven in financial and political crises.

Gold hit a record high at just under $1,190 an ounce on Wednesday due to a broadly lower dollar and renewed interest from central banks. Year to date, the metal has risen more than 35 percent.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
THE TUNGSTEN CONSPIRACY

Tungsten gold coins, bars big business in US

In October, the Hong Kong bankers discovered some gold bars shipped from the United States were actually tungsten with gold plating. This is the exact same Modus Operandi as the silver clad zinc dimes from 45 years ago. History repeats itself.

The parallels to mortgage bond fraud with either subprime borrowers or multiple property titles used in bond securitization is easy to spot. A consistent theme runs through the American management of finance and dissemination of fraudulent assets on a global basis. Tungsten gold bars is a feat difficult to surpass. Credit must be given for not leaving any potential for fraud untapped. Refer to insider flash trading, naked shorting of bank stocks, commodity trading on behalf of the USGovt, and much more. No disrespect is intended for the trillion$ counterfeits of superstar grade.

The initial discovery was something like four gold bars, which the Hong Kong bankers drilled invasively to test the contents. Reminds me of drilling the earth and measuring how many grams of gold per tonne. The HK bankers hoped to have 99% gold yield in their drill program for the resident bars. They found something like 1% instead and 99% tungsten.

The global bankers must deal with toxic bonds and phony gold bars. Talk circulates that the entire contents of Fort Knox might have swapped a decade ago.

Pretty bad when even the MSM starts looking like a conspiracy site.

The global bankers must deal with toxic bonds and phony gold bars. Talk circulates that the entire contents of Fort Knox might have swapped a decade ago.

Fake 400 troy oz Gold bars found...from central bank transfer to Hong Kong.

See also: MYSTERY: Why Did GLD's Published List Of Gold Bars Shrink? (GLD)

For the real juicy stuff, read this:

$$$ THE BIGGEST GOLD CRIME STORY OF THE CENTURY MIGHT BE SOON COMING TO FULL LIGHT. EVIDENCE IS BEING ACCUMULATING THAT THE CLINTON ADMIN WITH RUBIN AT USDEPT TREASURY REPLACED PERHAPS THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THE FORT KNOX GOLD WITH TUNGSTEN BARS PLATED BY GOLD. THE SALTED GOLD BARS ARE FASTING BECOMING A GLOBAL CRIME ISSUE. HONG KONG DISCOVERED THEM, AND NOW ASSAYERS ARE TRYING TO AUTHENTICATE MOST OF THE GLOBAL GOLD HELD IN BANKS. ENTIRE NATIONS ARE AT RISK. BEFORE LONG THE USGOVT COULD BE DECLARED A ROGUE NATION INTERNATIONALLY. $$$

Link.

Finally, returning to the original source article in this post:

BREAKDOWN AT GOLD EXCHANGES

The bust cometh, and it will be spectacular. The stories told in the press will be peculiar, since not told objectively. The headlines might be a comedy, with phony reports of foreign subterfuge, when the perpetrators are home grown. The focal point for attacks is actually London at their metals exchange. The early October events included numerous offers by exchange officials to settle gold contract deliveries in cash with a 25% extra vig bonus. Much gold was drained from London on demanded delivery, thanks to a small army of lawyers, a small blizzard of contracts, and a few key judges at the courts. They were all Asians, the majority Chinese.

Gold was taken, thus enforcing futures contracts, which happen to be binding contracts. The pressure at the end of November will be worse to make good on gold contract deliveries. Recall the stories back in April for a Deutsche Bank rescue by the Euro Central Bank with a very large (over one million oz gold position) provision made. DBank was in trouble. The pressures are mounting every couple months. Next March will be a climax of the breakdown, or else June.

Breakdowns come from extreme pressures. Each delivery month event includes more gold removed from the London exchange, more gold demanded from it, and more movement toward a breakdown. So the next events have even more pressure, with less gold supply and continued relentless demand. Recall also that the exchange, along with the COMEX in the Untied States, exempt certain parties from maintaining 80% collateral when they short gold & silver with paper contracts.

Thus the name suppression, or better yet corruption. They are being caught in their naked shorting game. The December 1st events surrounding settlement delivery demands will be more contentious and stressful than October 1st. In sequential manner, the March event will be even more pressure packed, with precious little physical gold in store and more targeted Chinese delivery demanded. The June event will be even more pressure packed still, a backup date for a potential breakdown if it does not occur in March.

The common denominator for the parties demanding gold delivery in London is simple: they are all Asians, all, as in all, and the great majority are Chinese. One can safely conclude that the US and British banks will be broken with the nexus being their gold management, which underpins the USDollar. Other pressure is sure to mount. Not the kind of pressure you might imagine. Pressure is mounting for senior bank executives and politicians to start revealing the identities, deeds, locations, and dates of the gold tungsten swap, the mortgage bond firehose, and other pervasive frauds protected by the USGovt and British Govt.

These are sobering times, eh?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

We’re running out of gold!

Gold production will continue to fall, despite a brief boost in 2009 and soaring prices, as deposits are exhausted and new discoveries remain elusive, say miners.

In terms of production, "2009 is the outlier as far as the trend," Omar Jabara, spokesman for US-based Newmont Mining, the second-largest gold producer in the world, told AFP.

Overall, "it's a fact that gold production from mines has been in decline since 2001 and has gone roughly from 85 million ounces to about 75 million ounces a year," said Vincent Borg, spokesman for number one producer Barrick Gold.

Almost everywhere, mineral deposits are being exhausted and new deposits are not being found fast enough to replace them, these experts explain.

Do you feel the train accelerating yet?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I Love Gold ... but you have to keep in mind that the people touting Gold all the time have a mission in life. That is, to SELL GOLD. So the more doom and gloom they spread, the more they get for their Gold.

$1,100 is not a historic price level by any means. I give you:

(I forget how to embed the pic)

And for the Yen? Simply amazing:

Key thing about Gold: Gold NEVER changes in price. If you bought an ounce for $400 and sold it for $1000 you'd think wow, what a return .. but it's only relative to the strength of the currency. This means that $1,000 has he same exact buying power as your original $400. This is why most investors only invest 20% or so of their portfolios in Gold, as it's a way to keep check with inflation. It honestly has nothing to do with reaping profits. If the money you get back has the same buying power as the original investment, the 30% increase is actually a 30% decline in purchasing power. Entirely relevant to the Dollar. Which, if you look at Gold priced in the Yen, Pound, Euro etc you will see in 08 Gold had a double digit increase. In America it had an 8% increase in value, because the Dollar strengthened for the first time since 2001. Now looking at the Yen, you will see in 81-83 the price of Gold is more than it is now.. meaning the Yen is a much stronger currency than it used to be. We know that's confirmed through Forex markets indicating the Yen has never been stronger against the Dollar.

The Dollar hit a 14 year Low, Gold WILL continue rising .. but at a 14 year low, the money changes value, the Gold does not.

Gold is excellent to move into other currencies, it's a safety net and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Supply is the ONLY thing that can effect the true value of Gold. Both ways, more Gold it's worth less, less gold it's worth more.

I'd say like oil many countries like the US, Russia, China have Gold reserves not yet mined for the sake of keeping value to Gold.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Essentially a true investor knows exactly where to get Gold and Silver, as well as sell said metals when they turn over their investment.. So what do places like yours exist for?

To take advantage of little old ladies, ignorant suburbans trying to cling onto their life style, and crooks who stole the jewls and have not emotional ties to what they are scrapping and could give a damn what % they get so long as they get something..

It's predatory business practices.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't believe that Gold is over-valued. It's just reflecting the current worth, or rather worthlessness of the US Dollar.

1,000.00 USD

=

666.275 EUR

The US Dollar is dead, as we already know. The pound is being devalued so that the British will accept the Euro. The Euro is the NWO currency.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Gold Price Roars Near $1,200 – Is Next Gold Move Lower?

The gold price rose to an all-time high of $1,195 per ounce early this morning as the rush to gain exposure to the gold price showed no signs of abating. COMEX gold futures posted a record close for the ninth consecutive day and have closed higher for a remarkable 17 out of the past 18 trading days. Gold mining stocks closed at their highest levels since March of 2008 as the combination of strong gold prices and rising appetite for risk drove investors to purchase shares of both the largest gold mining producers as well as the pre-production small-cap class of emerging gold producers.

While the weak dollar is correctly pointed out as driving up the gold price, stocks, and commodities, a less discussed topic is what is driving the weak dollar. Clearly the Federal Reserve’s zero interest rate policy and $1.72 trillion dollar quantitative easing program has led to pressure on the greenback. Unprecedented monetary policy actions combined with the $1.4 trillion budget deficit and continued expansion of government has been largely responsible for the declining confidence in America’s currency. However, a strong case could be made that the strongest driver of the weak dollar at the current time is the renewed risk appetite prevalent in the global marketplace.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I really, really, really hope the Dollar does not fall further then it has (14 year low) .. life is already hard enough as it is. But the price of Gold will move in correlation with the Dollar. Dollar drops, Gold goes up.

not just gold. Oil. Food. ALL imported products.

Gold is an excellent barometer for inflation. And given the horrific outlook of the American economy, the depression in the ME, and the move by other countries away from the Dollar .. I don't see anything saving the Dollar anytime soon ..... short of a war.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Originally posted by Rockpuck
..... short of a war.

Is Yemen where it all begins then?

Btw, I'm sure you saw this today:

Dubai default threat rattles world stocks

Ugly.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yemen is a crap hole that is of no significance whatsoever aside from Saudi Arabia. If we occupied it, it would be a one day operation (theres hardly a government even there). The only significance is the unbalancing of power in her neighbor Saudi. The Sauds are far more capable to deal with Yemen than the US, though I wouldn't be surprised if we assisted. No, we need a larger war. Like Latin America, or Iran. Something regarding oil, make the nations of this world NEED our Dollars. Yemen is among the poorest of all Nations, whereas Venezuela or Iran deal with hundreds of billions, trillions combined, every year.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Then you haven't really been reading all of the info I provide in the Yemen thread.

A war in Yemen will not be about Yemen. It's starting to look like a proxy war already exists between the Saudis and Iran. If escalation occurs, the Saudis will likely have problems with their eastern provinces. Significant oil production could be interrupted. Shipping lanes imperilled...

I'm at a loss what ingredient would not be in place that matches your 'ideal' war...

YEMEN on the Brink: Why the whole world will take notice.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by loam]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join