It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran war games to defend nuclear sites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

The war games will test responses to a possible attack on nuclear sites

Iran has begun five days of large-scale war games to simulate attacks on its nuclear sites, officials said, warning it will retaliate if provoked.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I can't recall there ever being an Iranian false flag event.
But it is very early...

I especially like their...

"Annihilation warning

The head of Iran's air defence, Brig Gen Ahmad Mighani, told state media the aim of the war games, which will cover an area of 600,000 sq km (230,000 sq miles), was "to display Iran's combat readiness and military potentials. "

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor

But it is very early...

Iranian false flag?
Some think we've seen one already.

Top Iranian commanders assassinated

Several top commanders in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard have been killed in a suicide bombing in the volatile south-east of the country.

Iranian state media say at least 20 people have died in the attack, in the province of Sistan-Baluchistan, and dozens more injured.

The commanders were in the region for a meeting with tribal leaders.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, which was condemned by Iran's Parliamentary Speaker.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What a nice little show Iranian leadership is putting on for its people. Fact is that these "war games" are for internal consumption. The Iranian leadership is capitalizing on its stand-off with the US/Israel, and is using it to prop up its regime. There is little sense in these games in terms of military strategy. For one thing an attack on Iran is very very unlikely, and for another Iran cannot face-off against the US in conventional means.

I'll give it about 5 posts before someone starts posting that this means war is about to start, and starts bragging about an underground shelter with a year's worth of food they have prepared for themselves. Back in reality, nothing will come of it. Just like nothing has. There is no war looming, and Iran is mostly doing this to prop up its regime domestically.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
if so if we see these war games we might find out where the remening sites are..
If there is troop movement in an area where we didn't seems logical to do so there might something be hidden there.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Everything is a false flag to you guys.

Maybe just maybe its a real event.... of training. Israel will probably strike soon and they just want to be ready. Why does that make it a false flag?

I think some of your tin foil hats are wound a bit tight.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I agree with you to the extent that it's all for show, and the regime are using it to their advantage to make themselves look strong and help to strengthen their position. But their position is so weak, and the revolutionary guards know this, and they won't survive the people's revolution - in the longterm they are finished.

As to Israel striking Iran, I hope Israel know's better than to give them a lifeline rope to cling onto by attacking them. But with Israel we never know, and if the desperate Islamic regime goes too far using hezbollah, things could get ugly very fast.

As to those who claim the US would win a large scale war, I feel the casualties would be so high that to claim victory for anyone would be completely delusional. Bombing Iran will turn the Iranian people against the west, and whilst the US may defeat Iran's army in few weeks, we have seen from Iraq and Afghanistan that it never ends there.

This is a waiting game, and we have to hope that the regime collapses before anyone can start a war. I think sanctions are in a few weeks according to Obama, but these do not target the oil industry, so won't get as effective. Obviously the Russian's and Chinese won't ever accept sanctions that affect their business with Iran in this way, and might not even accept any sanctions at all.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I am not surprised.

With Israel and the US foaming at the mouth, looking to find any opportunity to use the Military option, there is no doubt that Iran would want to flex it's military muscle a little bit and show them that they can defend themselves.

Also as another poster above stated, it is internally being used to prop up the regime and attempt to show themselves as responsible and protective of it's people.

The current Iranian regime is tumbling from the top down and anything to save face will be done in order to avoid drastic change.

A false flag event could be in the works, although I don't know what kind of cover story would be spun to cover it up. Then again they do a great job of vilanizing Iran already so I am sure their credibility versus that of the other's such as Israel in the US would be tarnished among the masses.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't think they're foaming at the mouth to attack Iran at all. If that was the case it would have been done already!
I don't know why you people are expecting a false flag to occur, it is what it is, a drill in case Israel make good on their threats and strike Iran.

Israel had their muscle flexing show and war games a few weeks ago, and now Iran are also. There really is nothing more to it!
Yes, I believe Israel will eventually strike if sanctions aren't in place, or if the Iranian regime doesn't collapse on its own. When? Who the hell knows!

I wouldn't be surprised if this drags out another 5 years like it already has!

2005: "Iran could have the bomb as early as next year"

2006: "Intelligence shows Iran is nearing nuclear weapons capability"

2007: "Iran is less than a year away from having enough enriched uranium to build a bomb"

2008: "Intelligence agrees Iran could have the bomb by middle of 2009"

If there was ever a real threat from Iran, it would have been dealt with years ago. Will they be bombed? I don't think it would surprise me if they were tomorrow, in 10 years time, or never

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Echelon117]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Echelon117

But they are, Israel has been lobying the us since like 2005 to get "permisson" to attack Iran.

And the propaganda campaign being waged against Iran by Israel in the US is very akin to that of the one in place just before the Iraq invasion.

I don't really think a false flag will occur, I am simply stating that it COULD happen.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah your right, it could happen... After all we have all seen that in fact they DO happen.

I just get so impatient with this Iran being attacked thing. I was convinced it was about to happen in 05 and 06, but as the years dragged on any claim of "Iran will probably be attacked by...." I just don't believe it.

Not that I want it to happen, because I know it will result in millions of deaths, and has a real potential to go down "a path where no man thought" as Carl Sagan wrote it.

This issue WILL come to head at some point. I do suspect that time may be up for Iran unfortunately for them because I fully support their right to uranium enrichment for energy purposes...

And if they are secretly pursuing nuclear weapons who can blame them when they have Israel at their doorstep?

When do you think an attack might occur? At what diplomatic point will they go ahead and carry it out do you think?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I have to agree with you on this one in regards to Iran's poor strategy. This will give a clear picture for to the 'bazillion' satellites from numerous nations watching Iran right now just how capable their force really is if these war games are in fact real. Not very smart at all on their behalf. Handing over intel to the US and the rest of the world....for free? Okay...be my guest.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by briantaylor

But it is very early...

Iranian false flag?
Some think we've seen one already.

Top Iranian commanders assassinated

Several top commanders in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard have been killed in a suicide bombing in the volatile south-east of the country.

Iranian state media say at least 20 people have died in the attack, in the province of Sistan-Baluchistan, and dozens more injured.

The commanders were in the region for a meeting with tribal leaders.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, which was condemned by Iran's Parliamentary Speaker.

Chances are this was an USrael funded attack....
All they have to do is get an offical to pay a Middle Eastern dude to recruit a suicide bomber for this mission.

You cannot tell me this doesnt occur?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
You cannot tell me this doesnt occur?

True but...

If Iran did pull off a false flag and wanted to gain public support against USrael what's the best way? Create a false attack which may have also eliminated some possibly less desirable members of the "Guard" who may have sympathized with the recent election rioters side.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
^ Another good pov. that's true!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
kill 1 person your a murderer , kill 10 people its a serial killer , 100 people , then your famous

kill 10,000 people? its a statistic.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think part of the reason I was thinking that this could be a possible false flag is that "this is how you do it."

But I also think part of "being a false flag" is talking about it, so it will be easy to tell.

No talk, no flag.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echelon117
When do you think an attack might occur? At what diplomatic point will they go ahead and carry it out do you think?

My bet is this will happen in the last weekend of 2009. The meeting to decide on "sanctions" will scheduled around Christmas, and them Isrealis have set a Christmas deadline. That all points to that final weekend of the year.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't see how this is any different than North Korea conducting its military drills.

Personally, I think this is nothing more than Iran trying to reign in its people with an all-out show of military muscle. There's only one thing that scares the people of Iran more than its leaders -- and that's the fear of attack from anyone else.

This is exactly how all leaders maintain control of people. Scare them to death and convince them that you are there to save them no matter what.

This is all for the benefit of the world. The truth is that if it were anything more, Iran is quite capable of maintaining secrets and performing military exercises where no one is the wiser. One of the benefits I suppose of completely controlling the media and information released to the general public.

Here's a prediction you can bank on:

Iran will conduct its drill. Isreal will harshly condemn it. The US will make a somewhat stern, but far from harsh, comment about how this is not the path to peace. Israel will then make a comment about the lack of US support and declare Iran to be an enemy of the world that they are willing to take on themselves should it come to that. An envoy will then travel to Israel from the US. Spies will release pictures of Iran "possibly preparing to conduct more drills". Israel will then be suspected of preparing for war due to activity or increased presence of US personnel and discussions. We will all talk about this for weeks to come. The cries for a possible WW3 will be most prevalent around Christmas.

2010 will start.

There will be talk of additional sanctions on Iran since they failed to meet the 2009 deadline.

Israel will continue to build settlements. The US will continue to say this is wrong but not do anything about it.

I figure this will take us well into June 2010.....

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
1) As has been said before, these war games are for domestic consumption only.
(the rest of the world is laughing @ the puppy snarling @ the Rottweiler.)
2) Without direct intervention by Russia and or China, Iran is only capable of snarling, without any action.
3) If Israel were to attack, it would not be in any manner that is expected.
(This is how Israel has spanked between 2-5 countries at once)
4) Turkey's ranting and crying means nothing as Israel has over-flight permission from Saudi Arabia. (If not direct permission, they stated they would not do anything about it)
5) Of course, all their maneuvers are being monitored and in that way, known.
Even with mobile launchers, they won't see the actual position in war, but will see the way they thing/plan/organize, so their defenses can easily be destroyed.
6) As of this point in time, there is only a war of words and taunts.
7) It never ceases to amaze me how many people on both sides of the issue really do want war between Iran and Israel.
8) "To the best of my knowledge", US has "NOT" given the green light for a "direct attack" on Iran.
9) Indirect damage is another story altogether-damage NOT coming from missiles/plane dropped bombs...
10) I am sure there are some in the WEST that Iran is about to destroy itself from internal issues, let Iran destroy Iran and avoid the issues that would come from a war on Iran.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join