It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the spirit of the season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I would do a thread for everybody to give thanks for something, anything in their lives. I put it here, because I think psychologically it feels good and brightens one's perspective to give thanks for blessings in thier lives instead of focusing on the negative all the time...

I'll be the first to start, I am thankful I have a roof over my head, it may not be what I would have desired but in light of the things happening in the world today, I am extremely thankful, I am thankful for my awesome family, my mom, my kids, my stepfather and my aunt...I am so thankful we have not starved or thirsted for anything these past few years. I could go on and on there are many things I am thankful for but those are my top ones....
Everybody join in!!!! I already feel better!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

At this very moment, I'm thankful that there is at least one other person who is brave enough to offer thanks. This place is often so full of negativity and scorn for everyone and everything.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Thank you, I am glad it was appreciated. I think you're correct in the statement that a lot of this place focuses on negatives and that's what really prompted me to start this thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There are so many things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my daughter and my family.

I'm thankful for having a job; it's not my dream job but it allows me to put a roof over our heads and food on the table.

I'm thankful for being able to go back to college and work towards that dream job.

I'm thankful for all my wonderful friends; they are the people who add so much to my life and I can never begin to tell them and my family just how much they mean to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I am thankful I have a warm bed to sleep in at night.

I am thankful I have bike so I don't have to use a car!!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm also thankful of this:
[url=http://www.youtube.com...]

Good stuff

[edit on 22-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 22-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

At this very moment, I'm thankful that there is at least one other person who is brave enough to offer thanks. This place is often so full of negativity and scorn for everyone and everything.

Cheers

DITTO on that one,

I am thankfull that i have a newborn that is fantastic, a wonderful loving caring wife, and 3 other kids that are amazingly unique and special,
I am also thankfull that i can wake up every day in a somewhat still free will having country ( while it lasts )

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I too am thankful, for all that I have. for my good wife who sees to my needs and loves me with all of her heart, to my children. for my good and paid for Van that takes me wherever I wish to go and brings me back. For my fast and stable computer, and the knowledge to build it, and to the Fedora guys for coming up with a good operating system. For my good friends, and for the good food prepared for me each night.

And further, I do not care about "political correctness," I will happily say Merry Christmas to everyone I see, and will take my kids to see Santa, if there is one this year. I will not protest my neighbour's manger display even though I know yod-hay-uau-shin-ayin was not born into the world in late December, but rather in March or April. And I give thanks to this forum, for it feeds me news that I get no place else.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am thankful I ain't dead yet cuz I ain't done trying to figure out what the h this is all about.

I am thankful for the challenges that have given me insight into the abilities I didn't know I had.

I am thankful for those people who are nothing but a pain in the @ss, cuz like I said first, I still got a lot to figure out.

Have a good one -- enjoy the food, family, friends or just the solitude if that's your bag. Its all good.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

If you taske them to see Santa, you may want to be sure they're not coughing or have a runny nose. I heard somwhere they'e going to screen kids beacause of H1N1. Just saying...lol.

And to all Merry christmas, blessed Yule, happy hannukkah, and wonderful kwanza, and a very blessed thanksgiving.
I don't care about being PC either, however I don't have anything against any religions or celbrations, I celebrate yule and christmas. I don't get offended when anybody says merry christmas. I am Pagan my children and hubby are christians.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Double post...

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Namaste]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am grateful for humanity and the lessons they have to teach eachother.

2nd

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am thankful for meeting a certain girl who saved my life.

I am thankful to my parents for giving me life.

I am thankful for sharing this life with my wonderful, amazing grandparents (r.i.p) x

I am thankful for all my friends alive and dead who have taught me many strange and wonderful things along the way.

I am thankful for the nasty people who have tried to crush me, you have only made me stronger and wiser.

I thank the OP for a positive post.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I would like to say Have a Happy thanksgiving All, as now it is officially thanksgiving. And don't stuff yourselves too much!

Yep...shameless BUMP!!!!

[edit on 25-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

S&F

I'm thankful for..........

A beautiful friend and lover
Living in the Land of Enchantment
A new exciting career at 50+
Good health
And only moderate dementia
Pie
slimjims
comfortable shoes
My Van
this computer
my perscription for Valium
Leo Fender for inventing the Strat
Jimmy Reed for showing me The Way
Craftsman tools
Post it notes
Kurt Vonnegut
The Virgin of Guadalupe [I'm not Catholic]
Rayban sunglasses
books that have "for Dummies" in the title
my long hair and beard
flowers
My friends on ATS
and the edit function

[edit on 26-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am thankful for the
fresh air that I breath
the beautiful love in my life
the shiny sun in the sky
and for all my needs that are met

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

Thanks for the reminder.... I completely forgot

the air
and shiney sun

a few other very important things I forgot earlier

toilet paper
penicillin
nachos
bic pens
Money
My 2 dogs, especially the one that dosen't bite me
and this guy

Happy Thanksgiving ATS/BTS

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am going to add some things I forgot as well:
Pawn shops
yard sales
craigslist
97x fm in tampa bay
98 rock of tampa bay
free wifi lol
ummmmmmmm
The rock bands that put their heart and soul into their music actually any musician who really puts their heart and soul into it,
thankful for the great dinner yesterday and today
the promise of tomorow
good wine
wow
too many things
that I have my own mind and nobody owns me (YET) we may see slavery back in operation soon I fear
and global warming....I hate the cold lol...so Sue me!
And that I had two prime examples of what not to do as a parent...and am so much better a parent than mine were.

thats' it I think.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

With a little effort Idy, perhaps we can keep this thread going thru the whole damn season, maybe even till Easter.

I'm still thankful for .....

Plastic containers to put thing in
WD40
Duct Tape
finding my keys
My girl friends breasts
Diet 7up
3 X 5 cards
ditto on the Rock Band deal

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

With a little effort Idy, perhaps we can keep this thread going thru the whole damn season, maybe even till Easter.

I'm still thankful for .....

My girl friends breasts

ROTF

Ok sorry, but I needed that that was too funny!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join