It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about UHC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I realize this is the political madness forum - but for this question - please leave the madness out of it

In the house and senate version of the health care bill - what are the parameters for the 30 million people who are currently uninsured?

I've google this, but i can't find anything (google can be so vague at times)

Or in another way of speaking - what stipulations must one be associated with in order to be considered one of the 30 million Americans that will be eligible to receive benefits under the new UHC

(If possible, could you provide references to back up your answer)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

it has been 3 months since i posted this question - and nay an answer.

I assume that all of those who claimed that they've gone through these bills page by page weren't being entirely truthful?

I've googled the piss out of this question & can't find the answer.

Perhaps there isn't one?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

You are asking two different questions...in short it is complicated.

The house bill has a full mandate...meaning every one who doesn't have insurance will be required to get it...plain and simple.

What qualifies someone for government subsidies if they can't afford it? That is determined by your income vs current defined "poverty level"..

Outlined in a chart here
www.cbo.gov...

The senate bill also uincludes a mandate technically, but "exempts" a large number of folks thus dropping the number significantly.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

So, if i am to understand correctly, basically the way it looks is that even if you make, lets say, 70,000 a year, then the government will say "You make too much" and you'll be ineligible for "Universal" health care?

So this is basically just another form of welfare?

new topics

top topics

join