It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish Yeti caught on film with pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yeti experts are heading to Poland after a local man filmed a "monstrous, hairy creature" while on holiday in the Tatra mountains. There have been rumours of a Polish Yeti in the area for centuries but this is the first time one of the strange creatures has been captured on film. Piotr Kowalski, 27, from Warsaw was on a walking holiday in the Tatra mountains in Poland when he saw a mountain goat on one of the slopes. As he started filming, his attention was suddenly grabbed by the Yeti creature emerging from behind some rocks.

I hope they release the vid, there are three stills that look interesting with very clear images
www.austriantimes.at...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
After looking at the stills, something seems outa place.
I can't quite put my finger on it....The proportions are not right either.

To me it has a human proportioned torso, the legs and body look too much like human measurements, and the arms too.

Not saying its a fake, but if any of the historical pics had any credence, then this one or those "older pics" are way off or wrong.

Great info. though, I will stay tuned for others input.

TY s+f

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How many yetis wear backpacks? or perhaps just a giant square of fur on their backs that is colored differently. Poland is no place for yetis I'm afraid.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
xenophilius.wordpress.com...

go here - check the vid and better stills.

Not to sure what to make of it, but the video is there.

[edit on 11/22/2009 by hhcore]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well I have a few questions having seen the video. Why did he only film for under a minute? Why did he keep moving the camera away from the "creature" and why didn't he try to keep still and focus?

I also noticed the "creature" is very black with seemingly no depth of colour.

Interesting though, maybe someone with a bit more understanding can shed some light on this.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't speak their language, but they don't seem to be very excited about capturing a yeti on film.

What I don't understand about UFO/yeti/whatever hoax videos, is why they don't act like they frantically just got their camera out specifically to video tape this thing. Instead they always act like they were just filming trees and rocks when "Oh, well whatdoyaknow? Bigfoot happens to be taking a stroll while we're filming this shrubbery. Let's mutter about it while we film him."

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Is Chewbacca living in Poland?!

I agree with the post above, something just isn't right. He doesn't even sound excited that he has seen it and why would he move the camera away a couple of times? Wouldn't a beast like that hear him talking and stop to check out what it is?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
To me, the stills were more impressive than the video was - also I think I agree, it seems that this thing has clothing of some kind on in the stills.

Maybe a person with a dark backpack and wearing a hood?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I get the feeling this creature is in trouble, or not well. I dont see a rucksack

Interesting normally i am quite skeptical about these kind of vids and pics but.... not sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I cannot say whether or not what was filmed was or wasnt an unknown creature but with regards to the quality of the filming, it seems that they were quite a ways away from the creature. If you have ever tried to hold a camera still when zoomed in all the way, you can understand why it would be hard to keep the camera still.

To me this is more video that proves nothing. Image and video manipulation are getting sophisticated to the point that it is almost impossible to determine what is real and what is not. I'm afraid that the only proof will come in the form of an actual body.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I would guess, due to the format of the video, that this
is a hoax.
The only real time the observers spend time with the
camera on the creature, is when it disappears behind
a large boulder.
I agree with others that the conversation that the two
people have is subdued and imlpies no excitement.

It seems that they're using the standard 'Western World'
-like format... show a bit, move away, show some more,
look elswhere, then when there's nothing to see... film
where it was.

A hoax I guess.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

You know, I saw this thread a few days ago, I just have to say, if this was in the US it would have 4oo replies and 100 flags by now.

just an observation!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

You know? I never thought of that, it almost sounds like a joke.My fiance is polish and her 8 year old son loves to call the dish towel a "polish napkin"lol

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I grew up with a lot of Polish people and have a little in me too. I've been really fighting myself not to post a joke here.

I will say this, I used to drink with a few Polish guys who were imo more Yeti like than the thing in the video.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
yeah looks like its a guy cladded out in black camoflage gear to me.....the things people do to get famous and money not a very good fake either.....

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So, a Polish Yeti walks into a bar....

Sorry I had to do it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Urm...

I hate to tell you guys but...

That's Poland's Miss Universe nominee out for a walk being captured by the Polish Paparazzi...

Okay...sorry, I have Polish relatives, I just had too... it was just way too wide open...

And my Aunt is seriously hairy.... seriously...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This was posted up 3 months ago and the general consensus was its fake

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I saw it and its a total hoaxed picture

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Clearly this is a human, wearing a furry (long hair) waist lenght coat with hood, these are very common in Europe. It does look as though the person is wearing a back pack. It appears to me to have a lighter color to the pants mmuch like a kaki colored back packing pants all in all a back pack hiker caught making his way up a trail.

top topics

join