It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery predator in Namibia(the origanal chupacabra)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Villages in Namibia are on alert as over 20 goats have been slaughtered and drained of blood by an unknown creature. Villagers in the region are convinced witchcraft is to blame, could this be the work of the infamous Chupacabra ?

"Unknown creatures that reportedly devour and suck blood from livestock are haunting villagers at Onheleiwa, Oidiva and Oikango of Ongwediva constituency. Over 20 goats have been killed at Onheleiwa and Oidiva villages and an unknown number at Oikango, where the situation is said to be worse."

Villagers are convinced that the creatures have something to do with witchcraft. They are now accusing an elderly man who has a house at Onheleiwa village and his sister who has a house at Oikango village of being the owners of these strange, blood-sucking beasts.

Villagers are convinced that the creatures have something to do with witchcraft. They are now accusing an elderly man who has a house at Onheleiwa village and his sister who has a house at Oikango village of being the owners of these strange, blood-sucking beasts.

www.newera.com.na...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I prefer the original chupacabra not the dog one how about you?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
NOT A CHUPACABRA.

Sorry, but man. What is with this term?

I'd argue that just because a cryptid kills livestock, that does not mean it is a chupacabra. And actually, chupacabras have come to be almost synonymous with coyotes with mange.

I bet that this cryptid has it's own identity, and it's own solution, and that it has a completely different native name. They don't refer to it as a chupacabra, they call it something else.

Kongmato is one cryptid known to Namibia.

In fact:

www.strangeark.com...
(See for entire list)

Hairy or Long-haired Hominoids
Reported from throughout the continent
Heuvelmans 1986

Nandi "Bear": Hyena, chalicothere, ratel, etc.
Reported from East Africa
Heuvelmans 1986, Shuker 1997; Shuker 1995b

Giant "Hyena": Booa
Reported from Senegal
Shuker 1998c

Felines: Anomalous lions
Black, red, green and white lions, etc.
Reported sporadically from many areas
Heuvelmans 1986; Shuker 1989

Quagga: surviving remnants
Reported from Namibia (South West Africa)
Heuvelmans 1986

Bird: large black fowl with red beak/legs
Reported formerly from Zululand, South Africa
Shuker 2000b

Das-adder
Reported from Drakensberg Range, South Africa
Shuker 1997

Winged Serpent
Reported from Namibia
Shuker 1996

Snake-like "dinosaurs"
Reported from Congo Republic, Sudan, and other countries
Mackal 1987

Lake Monster: "Long-necked Sea-lion"
Reported from Orange River and Vaal River tributaries, South Africa
Heuvelmans 1986

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

ONGWEDIVA - Unknown creatures that reportedly devour and suck blood from livestock are haunting villagers at Onheleiwa, Oidiva and Oikango of Ongwediva constituency. Over 20 goats have been killed at Onheleiwa and Oidiva villages and an unknown number at Oikango, where the situation is said to be worse.

Chupacabra=Goatsucker
I thought it was fitting

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

The chupacabra has it's own cultural identity in Mexico and the areas surrounding it. That is my personal opinion. Many people disagree with me, including Wikipedia, apparently.

So call it a cryptid that eats livestock. Same as calling a Bigfoot a bipedal primate cryptid.

I mean, the argument could go both ways. But I tend to uphold and appreciate the native titles for cryptids. AKA, if one region knows of a bipedal primate cryptid and calls it one thing, I wouldn't want to just call it a Bigfoot, I would call it what they call it. Because it's not the same thing.

[edit on 11/23/2009 by ravenshadow13]

new topics

top topics

join