It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland 9 Australia 8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I just had to post a great big WELL DONE!! to the Scottish Rugby Union national team and new coach Andy Robinson, after their thrilling 9-8 victory over Australia, (ranked number 3 in the world), and unbeaten by Scotland for 27 years prior to this!
It was a really good game, despite the low score, and the Defensive performance from the Scots was one of the best I've ever seen, from ANY team in the world.
Even the Australian commentators on TV during and after the game, admitted so.

The Aussies were pretty good, especially going forward, and had the majority of territory and possesion, as well as squandering a couple of good chances to score, but the Scots definitely deserved to be in it at the end.

Speaking of the ending... It was thrilling to say the least!!
Australia 9-3 down and attacking the Scottish line time after time....
14...15...16...17 phases of play... attack after attack... the Scots holding firm.... and then... in stoppage time... Australia finally get over the line... taking the score to 9-8 and giving them one final conversion kick to secure victory.
The kick goes over and Australia have won... The kick misses and Scotland hold onto the victory... the kicker places the ball.... steps up... kicks.... it's close but... not close enough!!! Scotland hold out for an unlikely victory and the Aussies are beaten!
Brilliant, dramatic and entertaining stuff!
Well done to both teams!

And I'm now looking forward to seeing more of a re-surgent Scotland side!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

It was a fantastically thrilling ending.
And a defensive master-class from Scotland.

Great entertainment.

join