It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

sit x plans ????

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i haven't spent a lot of time in England, so I don't know where Grimsby is, but as a general rule, you would want to stay away from large population centers. figure out a way to stay dry first, then warm. people fail to realize how important staying dry is. In Great Britian, with a cool, damp climate, once you get cold and wet you might end up staying that way. At least until that one week in July. Being wet all the time sucks, its demoralizing your body has to work harder to stay warm and its easier to get sick. Not to mention the health problems that come from being wet constantly. Trench foot in one and never forget that the flu of 1918 made its breakout in trenches of WWI. Cold, wet men packed in into close quarters.




posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby
 


Rik, Check your U2U.
I have sent you a message.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
guns in uk=noway. BUT we can get crossbows, and they are powerfull. yes i understand what you are saying, but i want to be prepered for most things.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by rikgrimsby]



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke
 


Hi Jack

Grimsby my friend is in the North of England, well I say north, most if not all places are north from me.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
grimsby is small on the east coast of the uk.there are a few places around here but am going for a drive at the weekend to find more(try)



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
guns in uk=noway. BUT we can get crossbows, and they are powerfull. yes i understand what you are saying, but i want to be prepered for most things.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by rikgrimsby]


Ok BOB = bug out bag. BO or BUG OUT, basically means you home, or where you live, the area is about to or has become unsafe for you to stay put. Basically you grab you BOB then make your way to an area of safety, be it a friends house 10 miles away, or a secret location, or even a large area like a national park. Somewhere you can goto to get out of the way of any danger.
If you have to stay out in the sticks, you will need equipment to help you survive.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
grimsby is small on the east coast of the uk.there are a few places around here but am going for a drive at the weekend to find more(try)


Buy an ordnance survey map of your local area. Learn to read a map.
When you go on your drives, mark things on the map of what you have seen.

Mark places that can assist you if you need to leave, like allotments, there is always some sort of food and water at allotments etc.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
got maps, and can read them
i do a lot of montain biking so use to reading maps. getting an s10 gas mask at weekend....got multi tool(leatherman).just need to build stuff up.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
got maps, and can read them
i do a lot of montain biking so use to reading maps. getting an s10 gas mask at weekend....got multi tool(leatherman).just need to build stuff up.


A leatherman is a great multi tool, If you want a good entry knife, I have the frosts mora clipper carbon steel one.

A s10 gas mask, tell me chemical weapons or tear gas or just the morning after a curry night



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Can I save you guys a lot of trouble! You don’t have to plan -what’s in the “Bug Out Bag” just have cash with you all the time.

All you needs is cash! Get in your car or truck and leave the effected area–simple as that! The equipment you’ve stored up might just be where the Disaster is? Then what?

You going to be telling camp fire stories of all the stuff you had that you could not get to because the Meteor impacted on your house. Bummer.! But if you had cash in your pocket you can drive to Wal-Mart pick up some provisions then off to the camping shop get a tent and other survival stuff you need and you good to go.

A long as you move quick when the disaster strikes and not sit around watching CNN for a few hours, you’ll get supplies before they run out.

If you really “need a weapon’ then buy one now, Outside of Texas you going to wait to get one.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156
 

i was thinking of a buck?....



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
Can I save you guys a lot of trouble! You don’t have to plan -what’s in the “Bug Out Bag” just have cash with you all the time.

All you needs is cash! Get in your car or truck and leave the effected area–simple as that! The equipment you’ve stored up might just be where the Disaster is? Then what?

You going to be telling camp fire stories of all the stuff you had that you could not get to because the Meteor impacted on your house. Bummer.! But if you had cash in your pocket you can drive to Wal-Mart pick up some provisions then off to the camping shop get a tent and other survival stuff you need and you good to go.

A long as you move quick when the disaster strikes and not sit around watching CNN for a few hours, you’ll get supplies before they run out.

If you really “need a weapon’ then buy one now, Outside of Texas you going to wait to get one.




Ok your right, the area affected might be where you keep your stuff.

You say cash,,, in the event of an emergency, you and hundreds of others will be fighting for supplies at the local walmart, which in turn will lead to fights in the cue. What if you can't get to walmart quickly then your stuffed. Alot of people watch CNN yet you think you could make it to your local walmart before them. A meteor impact is only one of many situations.

I think a good idea is to have equipment based at a few places Ie work, a friends house, even a lock up away from your home.

Shark, you prepare your way, I will do it my way. Rikgrimsby i'm sure will prepare his own way by listening to people's advice.

Besides, paper money is some cases could become worthless.
If you feel that your way is the right way then good for you.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait
 


I will also add, why it is a good idea to have cash on you, why not have a kit ready made in your truck / car.

That way you can also avoid the riots that are likely to happen at the local walmart.




new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join