It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sit x plans ????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
ok so these tons of posts on sit x, but got me thinking what/how are you guys n girls planning to cope with it all? what plans have you got? what stuff have you got ready to hand(bags packed ect....) where you going to ?
well for me am Seriously thinking of getting a ruck sack ready to hand.....
atm min am training,get my running up,strength up ect.....
but i was thinking what to put in my bag/rucksack.... clothes yes.ligth water clothes would be good,ligth walking boots.got a few weapons already to defend myself and family/freinds ect.....(but due to living in uk guns and that anrt really that easy to come by).am going to get myself a cb,short wave,flack jacket, radio,nogth vision,maybe gps(but a compass maps are probs better).just gotta find some where to go and hide out(if you can hide)food yes,corn beef,pasta,long life stuff ect..
really what will sit x be? world war3,zombies(that come from virus ect) mass chipping.at any rate am getting prepared for what ever comes my way.maybe(think this has been said befor on here)we should set a group up that when some thing dose kick off like minded people like us can meet up.i dont mean get new friends and that, but i think a few people with other peoples numbers/meet up points around the uk,usa,ect would be a good idea.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by rikgrimsby]

[edit on 22-11-2009 by rikgrimsby]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
OK just one question...what in the hell is Site X?

At first I thought you were talking about escaping the floods of the UK until they wear down, but then my view soon changed. Are you talking about the floods in the UK?

If you aren't, then are you talking about preparing for a 'movie like scenario' of the end of the world? That gave me the hint when you mentioned zombies.

IF you are talking about a possible end of the world scenario happening sometime soon, I wouldn't worry if I was you. I highly doubt the world WILL END anytime soon. But remember this, if I am wrong, and the world is going to end soon, then I wouldn't bother preparing, because you, me and almost every other member on this site along with billions of other people will unfortunately...die.

One more thing, I have one little thing to say about your, "we should set a group up that when some thing dose kick off like minded people like us can meet up.i dont mean get new friends and that, but i think a few people with other peoples numbers/meet up points around the uk,usa,ect would be a good idea.'' Mate....that is how cults start

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If you really want to know... I bought a small mini farm in SE Kansas. very rural neighbours are all farmers, hunters, country people. far enough away from a major city that we wont be over run, small enough not to be a target. Being a grandfather with a 2 year old in tow plus a wife with a heart condition... bugging out is impossible. all I can do it pick a place to make my stand and I found it... When you think about it, unless your trapped in a major city, bugging out might cause more harm than good.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
OK on this survival board, at the very top is a sticky thread.

This thread describes all potential sitx's.

Sitx = situation X. as in situation unknown.
One day it might be flooding another day it might be civil unrest etc etc.

Here is the thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone pointed out, " how to prepare for them all ".

Well look at where you are and where you live, think what might happen where you are. flooding civil unrest etc.

Think what you would need if you had to leave the area.

With regards to equipment, do a search for EDC and BOB. EDC = every day carry and BOB = bug of bag.

do some research gents, all the info is here on this board.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

I'll try and address all of your questions. If I miss some, let me know..

how are you guys n girls planning to cope with it all? what plans have you got?

Rationally and logically

I have land in West Virginia, miles from anyone. The plan is to make our way, Wife and I, to that land and .. well just live.

what stuff have you got ready to hand(bags packed ect)

I have a kit ready, actually I use it for work too.. Weapons, clothes, pack foods etc...
I have a Jeep with a Generator and it stays full of gas and ready to go.

As for what to put in your bag, that depends entirely on your personal experience.

Mine?

1. .22 Pistol with ammo
2. .45acp Pistol with ammo (Shotgun and ammo too)
3. 3 days rations for me and the wife
4. 2 good knives
5. Firestarter kit
6. First Aid Kit. (Wife is a Nurse so this is pretty advanced)
7. Rope and light climbing gear
8. Gold
9. Cash and Plastic (You never know)
10. Important Papers
11. Small Laptop
12. GPS
13. Maps and Compass (A good one)
14. Deck of Cards

There is probably more I would pick up and take, but I can make it on this.. Actually far less, but the wife needs some comfort.

Semper

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
am getting a s10 gas mask,nbc suit,flak jacket before xmas.a just starting to build up on my ruck sack ect.... i know ill spend abit but in the end it will be worth it.ive got a car but its not that good.i really want one of them jeeps.i found a place online that sells just the body armor plateing so i could maybe fix a few onto my car ect..... but i think a nbc suits a good idea

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

An NBC Suit is what I would consider a waste of space and weight..

Without the support system we had in the Marines, ie.. Replacement filters/Carbon etc... They have a very limited "wear time"

Die now, die later...

I prefer to keep my load light... Move fast, get to my safe haven where I will have no need for NBC..

Southern West Virginia was no accidental choice. It sits clearly out of the jet stream and is considered one of the safest places in the States in case of a Nuclear Attack

Semper

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
am getting a s10 gas mask,nbc suit,flak jacket before xmas.a just starting to build up on my ruck sack ect.... i know ill spend abit but in the end it will be worth it.ive got a car but its not that good.i really want one of them jeeps.i found a place online that sells just the body armor plateing so i could maybe fix a few onto my car ect..... but i think a nbc suits a good idea

Sounds like you might be running before you can walk chap. That sort of equipment is all well and good but, with the exception of the gas mask, I can't see it being much use if Immingham oil refinery went up. The flak jacket certainly would also be bugger all use if there was a rain surge through your town.

I don't have enough time to expand right now but I'd concentrate of more personal crisis than TEOTW ones.

You'll also find that that in preparing for those less "sexy" emergencies you will be more prepared for the bigger ones, should they ever happen...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have talked about this before and will give you guys a full summary.

Sit X to me is based on "threat" probabilities. There are many possible Sit X situations and I cannot plan for them all just the most probable.

Currently there are a few on the "high" list (such as EMP & Bio) but almost all of them have the same outcome -

Disruption of Electricity or Transportation for an extended period of time... that is it and really all that it would take.

No Transportation = No Food for 95% or more of the population within days.

OK - Primary threat identified

Solutions - Either go to a "pre-positioned" shelter with supplies within walking / bicycle distance or sit it out at the primary suburban residence (which is not the main plan).

Food runs out in days, Order quickly deteriorates, If winter - People will start burning anything to keep warm.. not a pretty scenario any way you look at it.

Authorities will go door to door to "centralize" food IF there is still an order structure in place to feed the masses. If the "authorities" realize that there is no help coming anytime soon, they will take it for themselves and "fortress" up. It may take a couple of weeks before this happens but if supplies start running low......

Otherwise, chaos will reign in any major populated areas as the desperate "have nots" take from anyone that still has in the area.

I would rather "quickly" get to my "concealed" shelter and wait it out to be truthful.

One, I hate it that I have to think this way but our population has turned into such "dependents" that most people don't even have 2 weeks worth of food in their houses. I don't want to harm anyone either in defense or being desperate enough to consider it because I didn't pre-plan for the "threats" that are plain as day to see. My solution: Stockpile food in a shelter and wait any major emergency out with my friends and family.... what else can I morally do? The chances of Sit-x happening increase every year and I would be a fool to do "nothing".

Grabbing a backpack and a gun and running into the woods is an idiots plan of desperation in most cases. Having a planned shelter with supplies is the only answer in my opinion.

Edit: One other thing - meeting up with "like minded" individuals may not be what you think.... Soon someone is going to have a "Leader" complex and possibly gain "followers" which may put you and your loved ones in an awkward position depending how bat-sh!t crazy the wanna be "leader" turns out to be. You may soon find yourself in a situation that is worse than going it small with your "trusted" friends and family.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

if conoco went up it wouldn't take out grimsby as ppl think.in 2001 a big part of it went up and they was still rebuilding it when i was on there 4years ago.all of the site has cut off points.they do have pipes that rum from conoco to tetny to the sea(near on of the foughts in the sea).i do agree that a rain storm ect.... your right, but where i live in grimsby we dont get flooded.i was trying to be ready for whatever kicks off.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
@Infolurker. This is precisely what I was driving at and you have pretty much hit the nail, fair and square. I need not add more.

@Rikgrimsby. Apologies for sounding slightly curt earlier. I was about 15 minutes from out the door to work and in possession of very little time.

Just to elaborate a little. I used Conoco as an example because of where I suspected you were based. The point I was making was what Inforlurker has since posted. I would suggest that this is a good starting point. Getting a basic BOB sorted out would also be a bigger priority IMO.

You should probably look into some areas where you can bug out to if need be. Remember, depending on the location and severity a BOL could be a friend/relatives house or even a B&B(hotel). As far as I can see you probably have about three primary directions to choose from. The car might not be too reliable but spend the odd weekend travelling around the locale, familiarising yourself with potential areas.

Although not a patch on London, if memory serves you have about 180,000 people in resident south of that "river". I wouldn't want to stick around in a SHTF scenario.

I will restrict myself to naming them as they could be in my plans in the near future.

I'll give you a clue as to why, I was born where you live.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Nirgal]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i do know of some roc post's that i can get to.i would say chedder gouge but its too far.maybe one of these "open to the public" underground bunkers.....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Rik, you on the task of looking for any local ROC posts. What situation are you looking to prepare for ???

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
any sit really just planning and thinking.... ;ast roc post i heard of was flooded so maybe not such a good idea.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
any sit really just planning and thinking.... ;ast roc post i heard of was flooded so maybe not such a good idea.

What you need to do mate is look at your situation now ?
Where are you ?

Will where you live flood ??

Do you live in Grimsby town center ??

Do you worry about civil unrest, riots, looting etc ??

Do you worry about war ??

My biggest worry for any situation is Civil unrest and flooding ( if climate change is to be believed )

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
live in grimsby... we never get flooded were we live as we are on higher ground.getting prepered for anything and everything.as you say civil unrest is a big one i think.when something kicks off people willl panic.me am going to be prepered for whatever comes my way(well ill do my best)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
.44 handgun
.44 lever action rifle, easy to find, light-weight, moderatly effective ammo
knife
tent
water purification tablets
strike anywhere matches
wool blankets.
two rolls of Skoal, personal use
two cartoons of smokes, to trade

and a bottle of scotch, only to enhance the flavor of iodine treated water

the top five at a minimum

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
guns in the uk.... but the rest sounds good

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Right Rik, I like you enthusiasm. But what you need to do is break things down into small chunks. It is easier to prepare this was.

Ok Civil unrest. You need to think.
Is the trouble coming your way ?? yes / no ??

If yes do you have a kit bag / bob ( bug out bag ) ready. This kit should ideally be set up for around 72 hrs. This to include food, shelter, a sturdy knife etc ( see other peoples ideas on their Bug out bags.

If no, ask what has caused the unrest ? it could be power grid failure, could be lack of food in the shops, could even be a riot against the govt like the poll tax riots. Think what it could be and asses your situation. If a power grid failure has happened, you will need lighting at home ie paraffin lamp, candles, torches both wind up and battery. You will need the ability to prepare and cook food and water.

This is only a tiny bit of what you need to think about with civil unrest, but it gets you started into thinking what you need and how to start preparing.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
.44 handgun
.44 lever action rifle, easy to find, light-weight, moderatly effective ammo
knife
tent
water purification tablets
strike anywhere matches
wool blankets.
two rolls of Skoal, personal use
two cartoons of smokes, to trade

and a bottle of scotch, only to enhance the flavor of iodine treated water

the top five at a minimum

Guns are of choice, problem is here in the UK they are not accesible unless you are part of a criminal element or gang.

Tent, well I prefer a tarp and para cord, it's lighter and has more uses.
Smokes to trade, well it's might be a good item but again depends on your situation.
Tobacco, only good if you smoke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join