It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Earth had rings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Have you ever been thinking about how it would look like if Earth had rings like Saturn?

This video will present how it would look like if Earth really had rings:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The video is beautiful and think about how much would be different if Earth had rings.
Culture, religion and nature would not look the same... that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Wow now that was amazing something I've never even thought about, looks cool in that vid and would be amazing in real life and just like you said I think it would have had a huge impact on religion and culture thoughout history.

Cool find thank you for posting this.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Nice vid! Star for you man

In my opinion, rings around Earth would be the next best thing since sliced bread.

It would have definetly have a great impact on human thinking and beliefs in general. Perhaps if the rings did exist back in the day, then all the major religions would interpret these rings as Heaven...Possibly.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The earth did have rings for a short time. They coalesced to become the moon. One thing is for sure, our satelite technology would not be what it is today if we had rings. We might have been able to bounce signals off the rings instead.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
The earth did have rings for a short time. They coalesced to become the moon. One thing is for sure, our satelite technology would not be what it is today if we had rings. We might have been able to bounce signals off the rings instead.
Good point, though, at that point, nothing of life walked the earth. We are talking about something that took place when the earth was newly born -- earth is around 4 billion years old.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi, ring fans.

One thing I think would happen with the rings is that
their shadow would make or add much turbulance, in the
winds close to that shadow. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Perhaps the earth does have rings.

They are just not visible to us.