It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmares from the man???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hey there folks. So I'm up at this moment because of a particularly graphic nightmare of mine and it got me wondering. First I haven't really had any nightmares in a long time. Up until recently anyways. Like I had a few I think as a kid but truly none that I can remember from the age of 12 until the last few months. They are all fairly graphic nasty nightmares and I think except for a end of the world dream I had twice in the beginning of this, different. But they do carry one unique characteristic that is why I'm writing this thread...... they all felt like they originated from outside my thoughts!?!? Like they originated somewhere else and were projected. Maybe not the specific nightmare but the act of having nightmares feels like it is from something or someone outside of myself. This is a pretty new sensation for me and I was curious if anybody else has had feelings like this stemming from nightmares or dreams?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It is routine for some dreams to feel like they originate outside the mind of the dreamer.

The effect is easily achieved. Any complicated thought that arises "fully formed" is apt to make the thinker wonder "I thought that?"

So far as the thinker can tell, the answer would be No.

Awake or asleep makes little difference to the process, only to the words used to describe the phenomenon. A fully formed thought that presents while we are awake is often called an epiphany or an inspiration. Both words implicitly suggest an outside source, as if a "message" has been sent to the thinker.

It would be productive to work on the content of your nightmares. But their source is you.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Well. Sounds reasonable to me. Hmm. Though a few points you brought up are also part of what made these so different. I have actually never had an issue controlling my dreams so to speak. I have always been able to completely steer any dream I may be having in any direction and been completely aware of the fact that it was a dream. It was/is/has been nice to be able to do this and that I now cannot may be part of the reason it feels like it originates from an outside source. I also believe this may be part of the reason it's been so long since I have had a nightmare. Since I could always steer the dream in any direction, if it started negatively I could just change that. Now, I am not able to do this at all. So perhaps you are correct because what you say sounds totally reasonable but it's a new experience for me to not be able to control the direction of the dream or even the content to some degree. So again, anybody else have thoughts on this? Just curious anyways since I'm up!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I have had only one dream/nightmare where it truly had no reason, as far as I knew, to originate within me. But I have to say it was one of the most frightening experiences of my life, aside from making the mistake of joining the navy. Who knows where these come from but don't think to hard of possible origins unless you like sleepless nights.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmoviefan
I have had only one dream/nightmare where it truly had no reason, as far as I knew, to originate within me. But I have to say it was one of the most frightening experiences of my life, aside from making the mistake of joining the navy. Who knows where these come from but don't think to hard of possible origins unless you like sleepless nights.

Good luck

Touche man. I was just curious of others experiences with this. I remember even hearing that there is advanced technology that is out there that can do things like make people have restless sleep and nightmares etc.. Something to help keep the masses fearful and docile and I wondered to myself if this could be part of the explanation. Now I'll to find those old articles lol. Like one about the HAARP of course and I also remember reading about sss or using frequencies that are beyond conscience hearing from our tvs and virtually anything electronic. Eh....

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Not that long ago I would have said your fears were unfounded...
But.. there have been several recent stories where advertising companies are using this new kind of speaker that projects sound into a tight focused beam over great distances... they can be mounted on the roof tops of a high rise and aimed down at the street.

In these stories a potential customer is calmly walking down the street when a voice comes out of nowhere encouraging them to buy feminine hygiene products...(In the real story is an ad to see a new movie).. Some folks thought the street was haunted at first.

It wouldn't take much to use that speaker system to broadcast subliminal messages...

was it "The Man"? Hell if I know... could just as easily be that ad company using fear of a doomsday to make you want to go out and stock up on more feminine hygiene products, Just in case...

Have you seen anything new in your neighborhood that looks like This No they don't look like a speaker just a flat black thin rectangular box

[edit on 22-11-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Howdy, Red

OK. I don't know your personal situation, of course. But there are several communities on the web for people who are interested in control of their dreams, especially lucid control.

If you trawl around on those sites, you find a lot of people who report "loss of control" crises. Not everybody. I correspond with a guy who's in his fifties. He has had lucid controlled dreams just about every night since he was a child.

Nevertheless, a lot of people who have dream-control lose it after a while. Maybe not totally, it could just become less reliable than it was before. Maybe only parts of dreams, or occasional whole dreams, go haywire.

Something like that could be what's happening with you.

Nobody seems to have any bright ideas what to do about it. I can only repeat what I said before, that you should think about working on the content of the nightmares. See what happens.

Good luck with it.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In Lord Valentine's Castle' by Robert Silverberg, the inhabitants of the planet Majipoor are partly governed by the Lord of Dreams, who sends them individual, personalized dreams from his telepathic dream machines. Maybe you're getting a bit of leakage coming through from Majipoor.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff guys really! Yeah I dunno all of these ideas seem to have at least some merit these days. I do in fact live directly across the street from Chase Field in Phoenix (where the Diamondbacks play) and there is very often noises and what I would call noise pollution coming out of the building regardless of whether it's baseball season. I dunno it just seems funny and I think that my issue with dreams kind of lines up time wise with me putting more effort and writing more on government issues and my disgust with what's going on in Washington. Now I'm really stretching/talking crazy here but it feels like the two things may not be mutually exclusive...I dunno... Not so much an issue that I gotta get solved or anything, I mean I'm fine (or crazy lol) but I thought again maybe folks that are on ATS would be a likely group to notice something similar.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Yes I do know I am being fed information in my dreams here is a list of things

in the past couple of weeks given to me in my dreams. Mabus is coming tell the

world. Galactopus, the magic mushroom used in cancer research, nuclear

detonation felt the shock wave and my soul was knocked out of my body and

was given the area code in my dream of explosion. Never ever heard the

name Mabus but knew the meaning before I Googled the name. Galactopus I

did not know such a thing existed until my dream. Who in the world could

make up a name like Galactopus. ^Y^

[edit on 22-11-2009 by amari]