It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

they got 60 Healthcare passed the senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Lieberman and lincoln screwed us .were done fornews.google.com... L8K&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQsQQwAA
bribes and threats I'm sure

[edit on 21-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

[edit on 21-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

It seems that the healthcare bill hasn't passed, yet. That vote that they did only allowed debate to start. But, it's only a matter of time now...

Maybe that UFO will land in that stadium and distract everyone.

ETA: This website has a live stream from the Senate chamber, as C-SPAN probably does as well, in case anyone wants to watch. I wonder if I should stay up to watch this some...

[edit on 11/21/2009 by octotom]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The only to stop this bill is the house voting against it when they merge the senate + house bill.

If it pass the house, it's over since it will easily pass the senate.

I wouldn't have too much hope... 98% of americans were against the bank bailout and they passed it anyway. And now around 50% and more want a health care reform, so me think it will pass easily.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
we are trough it's over.
can I have cool drink of water(said like Dennis hopper when he''s dying in true grit)

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It was destined to pass anyway.

IMO, both parties want this to pass.

Dems so they can say they passed a bill that will help millions of uninsured Americans. Of course, they forget to say that it will take at least 5 years before they become insured.

Reps because they want to hold the issue against the dems. Reps know this is going to cost more money than what the Dems state.

Also, notice how little of a fight reps have put up during all this debate.

Rep know that if they can get control of Congress they amend the parts they don't like.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

It seems that the healthcare bill hasn't passed, yet. That vote that they did only allowed debate to start. But, it's only a matter of time now...

Agree with Octotom, its only to get the bill into debate, although it is significant that get through this second hurdle.

The actual bill still has to be passed, but these debates may actually be good for the rightwing to further their arguments.

SG

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
From what I understand it's pretty much a done deal now.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

Why? Its just passed for debate.

I want this bill to pass more than anybody, but you must understand the process that must go through. I think conservatives and those on the right should really focus on rally their republican senators to bring on solid debate for once.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No, this is just the first step. The bills now goes to the Senate floor for debate. Amendments will be added, the will be merged with the House Bill, then the final bill will be voted on.

This is the time we need to be in contact with our Senators, whether we be for or against.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
It was destined to pass anyway.

IMO, both parties want this to pass.

Dems so they can say they passed a bill that will help millions of uninsured Americans. Of course, they forget to say that it will take at least 5 years before they become insured.

Reps because they want to hold the issue against the dems. Reps know this is going to cost more money than what the Dems state.

Also, notice how little of a fight reps have put up during all this debate.

Rep know that if they can get control of Congress they amend the parts they don't like.

They should keep going down this road, because it might be the only thing that can outrage enough of us, so that we can all kick them out of Congress come 2010.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Why? Its just passed for debate.

I want this bill to pass more than anybody, but you must understand the process that must go through. I think conservatives and those on the right should really focus on rally their republican senators to bring on solid debate for once.

I like certain portions of the Bill, but I also realize that they are simply "Goody Packages" meant to accrue support for this entire mess. There is no point in passing a bill which has maybe 100 pages of good measures, but 2,000 pages of absolute garbage.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Even Rush has said that once a bill passes this hurdle chances are good it will pass. We will have sham healthcare. People will be murdered as a result of letting diabolically pocessed elites control how we are treated in hospitals. America will not even be a safe place to visit until certain members of a certain family no longer control healthcare.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You think its doomed because someone from Louisiana got millions of dollars in relief effort to mop up the crap STILL left over after Katrina and Joe "I was a democrat last year" Liebermann voted for it?

I know this is all prattle and charm, but this isn't some dramatic shift in the party. They leaked two votes out after a month of stonewalling, and theres no way the bill is going to be passed without some serious butchery.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

You know something?? I like you and the way you think. My compliments to you for your wittiness

Did it pass yet?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agree absolutely.

I myself want some kind of health care reform, although I'm worried that by the time Congress gets finished with the bill there will be a little to satisfy everyone but not enough to really accomplish the original goals of reform.

Still, I was a happy camper last night. Haven't felt this good since the Dems won the election in 08.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Lieberman and lincoln screwed us .were done fornews.google.com... L8K&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQsQQwAA
bribes and threats I'm sure

this is the greatest news i've ever woke up to.
You say they screwed us, i say they saved us.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Well I'm smart and your dumb

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

lmao well i guess that's one way to look at it

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Mary Landrieu plays herself off as a "moderate", but when it comes down to it she will screw over her constituents in a second. Democrats always try to protect her from the hard votes, giving her the OK to go against them when her vote is not needed.

newsbusters.org...

What's $100 million of taxpayer money between a few U.S. Senators?

After reports surfaced of $100 million for Louisiana was added to the Senate's health care reform legislation, originally from ABC News, and subsequently commented upon by prominent lefties, like U.S. News and World Report's Bonnie Erbe as my colleague Noel Sheppard pointed out, Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., took the Senate floor on Nov. 21 to announce she would vote in favor to proceed forward with the Senate Democratic leadership's bill.

Before this is said and done Landrieu will extort $300 million for this cause.

Landrieu continued. "That is not the case, Madame President. Our state is still as poor as it was, if not poorer. I am not going to be defensive about asking for help in this situation and it is not a $100 million fix, it is a $300 million fix."

If Katrina Mary is going to get $300 million for her vote, how much are other Senators going to get for theirs? How much did Representative in the House get for theirs? How much money is going to Government takeover of Health Care and how much is going to PORK???

new topics

top topics

join