It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing pictures of the LHC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bilbow
i know there is enough hysteria on ats about things like religon and end times but if you look at picture 15 on the blokes hat it says cern and is surrounded by three 6's any ideas

Look up cerns symbol, it is 3 6's.

Just look it up.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

You may also be thinking of wave-particle duality like light exhibits. To quote a Fermilab physicst: "... In quantum theory, each particle acts both as a particle AND a wave. This is called duality. So if there is a graviton, we expect it to behave both as particle and as a wave as well."

So we are both right and both wrong. OTH, Scientific America asserts: "it isn't really correct to say that gravity is a wave", since "virtual gravitons pass between two objects" -- in other words, the force of gravity is present -- "even when there are no gravitational waves present (for instance, when the masses are at rest)". This professor also indicates that a gravitational wave is a wave "that spreads out through spacetime" when a particle is accelerated, shaking the gravitational field. "The energy and momentum of that gravitational wave are carried by real gravitons."

Clear as mud right? I hope LHC will answer some of these questions cuz I wants a flying saucer NOW.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

LOL, I see the three 6s too, but I think it's supposed to represent two intersecting circles or collider rings with each ring having entry and exit pipelines.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
OMG...the complexity of that thing baffles me to no end. Im sure this wont be the last time it breaks down. That guy in the forklift isnt even watching where hes driving!!!

On a side note, why is there no secrecy with this thing?? who funded it?? Those two questions alone make this more fishy than a jar of anchovite!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

of course you are right, but light is just a electromagnetic wave, not really a "real" particle because no mass ... photons are emited in quanta ( can you call it "pulses" ? ) and they react with matter by ejecting electrons ... their force is a electromagnetic force that jumps away a mass particle ..... it is the mass/matter that creates magnetic force, so you can say that it is the Higg's that create magnetism ....
maybe the Higg's is the graviton ??? but as I said, I do not believe in such particles, we already had to find them long ago, I believe in FIELDS that interact and create new waves and new "particles" in a constant production all over the infinite cosmos. There must be a field out there, a Higg's field as I see and would call it, that sustain all matter and mass particles together like the water is sustaining the fish and the air is sustaining the plane ... without that field all would become free floating and desintegrating .. maybe we have to study much more the ocean of neutrinos all around everything in cosmos, they have different charges and go thru everything without being stopped, maybe they hold everything together one way or the other ( call it the good old aether ? .)
Even the neutrinos go right thru the LHC, during the experiments, by billions and billions, so how can this experiments not be influenced by them and give real answers ?? there is influence from all parts
I don't know I'm not a scientist but we only can try to force imagination no ?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here's a cool rap video on what happens at LHC -

www.youtube.com...

I tried embedding this but its adding a "\" at the end which is preventing it from playing.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Thanks for the link. This stuff is awesome. I love seeing all that specialized one-of-a-kind equipment. Just an amazing installation! This is ''money's no limit'' type of research. We WILL learn and WILL dominate and WILL become Masters Of The Universe because that is truly our destiny.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Excellent pictures, but what is Taggart doing in picture 15?

Second Lineth

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
OMG...the complexity of that thing baffles me to no end. Im sure this wont be the last time it breaks down. That guy in the forklift isnt even watching where hes driving!!!

Yep these things are amazing. What man can do when they come together is amazing.

Still think they are looking for what people called the force. Shows the occult world, knows alot about the reality of the world before science catches up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join