It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings go up after UFO movies come out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
trueslant.com...

We are the suggestable populace.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodline

Funny you should post this as possibly one of the most interesting (and truly perplexing) UFO cases ever was actualy used as the model for the recreation of this very famous movie scene:

Thread:

*Above BlueBook* - Ohio UFO Chase , Portage County April 17, 1966

Of course -if you're suggestable then you could just mindlessly subscribe to the USAF explanation:

USAF Force fit debunks

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A new UFO movie or tv prog is made every other month - you can make statistics say anything.

How about ".. after an increase in ufo sightings more ufo movies are made as a result."

Same figures just the other slant

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Or...people just notice the reports more after the movies come out, there awareness is just tweaked. not that there are more sightings in general

link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
A new UFO movie or tv prog is made every other month - you can make statistics say anything.

How about ".. after an increase in ufo sightings more ufo movies are made as a result."

Same figures just the other slant

Well said.

link   

or maybe more people pay attention to the skies after being reminded that they haven't been.

or maybe people feel more comfortable reporting a sighting after watching an alien movie because they feel as if it is more mainstream and they will be mocked less.

There are many other possibilities for the correlation other than people being suggestible.

[edit on 11/21/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We includes you and is an inclusive statement, but apparently you think you are better than most people and aren't suggestable in the same way.

Hypnosis begs to differ. Everyone is suggestable.

I rarely believe the government explanation of anything. I have no idea if that report you linked was real or not. I'm not really interested in dicussing it either as I feel I will have nothing to add really. Your post seems a little OT IMO.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodline
We includes you and is an inclusive statement, but apparently you think you are better than most people and aren't suggestable in the same way.

Not so. Hypnosis actually demonstrates that some people are far more suggestible than others and that some people consequently cannot be successfully hypnotized.

As the responses you received demonstrate, you started out with a broad assumption - that the only possible interpretation for the rise in reports is that people are "suggestible" - and are now defending it with further assumptions.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

Not so. Hypnosis actually demonstrates that some people are far more suggestible than others and that some people consequently cannot be successfully hypnotized.

As the responses you received demonstrate, you started out with a broad assumption - that the only possible interpretation for the rise in reports is that people are "suggestible" - and are now defending it with further assumptions.

Everyone is suggestable.

Every single person.

Not every person is able to be hypnotized and I wasn't really making that statement.

Also I didn't make any broad assumption in anything. I wrote we are the suggestable populace is all.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by bloodline]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Everyone is suggestable.

Every single person.

Not every person is able to be hypnotized and I wasn't really making that statement.

Also I didn't make any broad assumption in anything. I wrote we are the suggestable populace is all.

What you said was that a FM "thought he was better" than some people by claiming he wasn't "suggestible in the same way". But the point is, people are not suggestible in the same way. Some people are highly suggestible and others are not.

Your assumption was to conclude that there was only one explanation for the rise in reported UFO sightings and that this is due to "suggestibility", when, in fact, there are several possible explanations which do not involve suggestibility.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Everyone is suggestable.

Every single person.

What you said was that a FM "thought he was better" than some people by claiming he wasn't "suggestible in the same way". But the point is, people are not suggestible in the same way. Some people are highly suggestible and others are not.

Your assumption was to conclude that there was only one explanation for the rise in reported UFO sightings and that this is due to "suggestibility", when, in fact, there are several possible explanations which do not involve suggestibility.

Can you read?

Yeah there are several explanations. I'm not making any definitive statement except that "we are the suggestable populace" which is true. Every human is suggestable.

Did you read the post where I told the guy "well said"?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
OR!

Do people start looking up more after they see a movie about UFOs?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Can you read?

I can write reasonably well, but no, I can't read a word, unfortunately.

Yeah there are several explanations. I'm not making any definitive statement except that "we are the suggestable populace" which is true. Every human is suggestable.

Yes, but you said this immediately after the link saying that UFO sightings have risen after movies about Aliens had come out. The context of your comment makes it pretty clear what your claim is - that the apparent rise in sightings is due to "suggestibility". Your intent seems fairly obvious, but perhaps I'm wrong. Unfortunately, we don't have much to work with in interpreting your comments because your OP's tend to be one liners. But maybe if you wrote a little more in your OP's then it would be perfectly clear what it is you are trying to suggest.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Can you read?

I can write reasonably well, but no, I can't read a word, unfortunately.

Yes, but you said this immediately after the link saying that UFO sightings have risen after movies about Aliens had come out. The context of your comment makes it pretty clear what your claim is - that the apparent rise in sightings is due to "suggestibility". Your intent seems fairly obvious, but perhaps I'm wrong. Unfortunately, we don't have much to work with in interpreting your comments because your OP's tend to be one liners. But maybe if you wrote a little more in your OP's then it would be perfectly clear what it is you are trying to suggest.

I'm trying to suggest an explanation for some UFO sightings. This is all. For someone who is hellbent on throwing around the word assumption you sure assume a ton. Instead of telling me what I should write to be more clear why don't you change something that you have control over? That being your assumptions. You are wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I'm trying to suggest an explanation for some UFO sightings. This is all. For someone who is hellbent on throwing around the word assumption you sure assume a ton. Instead of telling me what I should write to be more clear why don't you change something that you have control over? That being your assumptions. You are wrong.

I'm right about what your OPs imply.

If that's not your intention then it the solution would be to explain your purpose in the OP. This is a discussion forum and we aren't going to have a very successful dialogue with OPs composed of rather provocative one-liners.

But if your OP gives the wrong impression then I'd love to hear a more thorough explanation of your perspective.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I'm right about what your OPs imply.

If that's not your intention then it the solution would be to explain your purpose in the OP. This is a discussion forum and we aren't going to have a very successful dialogue with OPs composed of rather provocative one-liners.

But if your OP gives the wrong impression then I'd love to hear a more thorough explanation of your perspective.

It's all said in the "well said" post.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

trueslant.com...

What's your point?
Gosh....

The more ppl thinking, the more ideas are creating. The more eyes looking up the more things they see.

Increase of ufos report does not discredit Et reality, nor it confirmed it. It's just the mere the fact that not enough ppl look up in the past!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by korats

trueslant.com...

What's your point?
Gosh....

The more ppl thinking, the more ideas are creating. The more eyes looking up the more things they see.

Increase of ufos report does not discredit Et reality, nor it confirmed it. It's just the mere the fact that not enough ppl look up in the past!

English seems to be your second language so I'll forget the fact that you editted your post (which was a good idea BTW).

You are right. It doesn't discredit ET reality. I believe in ET's. I FULLY BELIEVE IN EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE.

My point is that people are impressionable and that not all UFOs are UFOs. Some are stars or planes and vivid imaginations.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

It's all said in the "well said" post.

LOLOL. That's my point exactly!

How can anything possibly "all be said" in a post that ONLY contains the words "Well said", and nothing more?

Anyway, I don't want to go over and over this in both threads. But if you think you have been misunderstood then I for one would appreciate you sharing more of your perspective in the OPs you create.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

man! you need to make up your mind. you try to come off as the superior intellect, and you have no idea what you are saying from one post to the next. first one person thinks they are better than others over suggestibility, then blatantly on topic statements you are saying are off topic, then you say every single person is suggestible, then change that to most, and now what... microwave popcorn summons demons from iced cream vendors? Santa claus has a book in the bible that says thou shalt not alter thy statistics? or are you going to tell me that you didnt say every single person was suggestible and thats not what you were trying to say? Gods! I hate people like that. "THESE ARE THE FACTS dont dispute my ALMIGHTY opinion"
and yes there are spelling errors, gramatical as well, and NO I dont care because I dont post to impress you. Atleast my ideas arent up for compromise or edit when challenged.
Gah! now I have to yank my wedgie!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join