It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Stupid People on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by srslyguyz

Its your opinion, thats fine, at least its ON TOPIC.
I'm not upset, I feel fine, and I DONT condone censorship such as yourself.
And that IS what youre proposing, no doubt about that.

i do not condone censorship at all. you have every right to post this stupid thread, just as i have every right to inform you that your stupid thread is stupid

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Can someone help me tie my shoe?!
Be right back..
left the oven on.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Ok, now I am impressed. You've now been placed on my friends list. That sarcasm was priceless.

And yes it is a good place that the Gestapo ATS patrol is out isn't it?

I did alert it, but only so that it can be moved to a more appropriate forum so folks like me can't rag on your idea.

In any case, the topic at hand your right, there are a lot of people who do that, but it's a good thing we all come equipped with a BS filter.

It's located just behind the eyes and stretches to the back of head covering your ears.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

Whelp any ways, I be stickin to my aboriginal point of the tropic,
we's all stoopids.

Its annoying.

Did he mean to say AbbyNormal instead of aboriginal?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I'm sorry, I used the definition provided by the dictionary, I looked for the correct term, I apologize if I selected the wrong one.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You shaved and changed into your civy's And i meant to say original.
sec hound line added four informationality.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
edit double post wireless fart

[edit on 21-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by andy1033

No problem Andy, do you see my point though?
Its happening way too much and I'm a newbie, but I see it all over.
I click on new posts as well, I like alot of topics.
And sadly, maybe my patience is thin for the stupid.

I will give you a star just for making me laugh so friggin hard at your title when I saw it

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Well, "HappilyEverAfter", I can see someone's not so happy, ever after.

While I can see your point, you sure have a rather destructive, and as well nasty way of putting your point across, and while a lot of veteran ATS members may or may not agree with you, this kind of thread deserves to be seen as a lesson of the wrong way to get attention, period.

Making High-Quality Threads : Ask and I'll Point You In The Right Direction

Quote from : Making High-Quality Threads : Ask and I'll Point You In The Right Direction

I have been on ATS since 2005 so I thought it was time that I gave back to the website by giving a little assist for those of you who may be new with some ideas and suggestions in how to make a high-quality thread so you get more people reading your ideas or when you post in someone else's thread they will appreciate your contribution, and they may thank you.

I will provide a few of the threads I have done, as well as some of the quality threads of other member, so that you get an idea from various directions, along with different perspectives of how people get other ATS'ers interested in their threads. I will also invite those people to come to this thread and maybe give their own perspective directly so I am not misinterpreting their ideas.

I will start this first thread with my own threads first, so I can take a moment and send a U2U to the owners of the threads I will include so as to be respectful to them by asking permission. Respect is important here on ATS as well as following the Terms and Conditions. Remember that when you are participating here on ATS that this is an international forum, where people of all walks of life will post on all kinds of different types of topics.

To thoroughly grab someone's attention here, in my opinion, you have to have knowledge of what you're speaking on as well as contribute source websites for people to go read and understand on their own, which may or may not make it easier on you, because so many people have different levels of education as well as levels of life experience.

While I believe many here on ATS might agree, new members, and veterans, I see you are a newer member here, so either you have zero couth and regard for fellow humans on this conspiracy theory message board, or you're an old member who got banned, and are back agitating the board, and thereby causing trouble.

Now, which thread do you think deserves more attention, yours, or mine?

Or were you trying for the negative attention and that was your only design after all?

Thanks for the idea of something new to bring to my thread over there.

I'm sure I will bring it across more diplomatically, than this thread.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Glad you see my point. I see you are a veteran of the site, and although youre not a plank owner, I will heed your instruction.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Glad you see my point. I see you are a veteran of the site, and although youre not a plank owner, I will heed your instruction.

HEA, I may not be a plank owner here, but I get respect.

I give it when I get it, and I am sure you will get it, but respect must be earned.

Remember the golden rule, treat others as you wish to be treated, and you will go far.

Thanks for the peaceful, and as well respectful reply, it's appreciated.

Love that signature a well.

As I walk along, within the flock, behind a tree, beside a rock, one set of eyes, and then another, staring hungry at my brother. Through sun and storm, in day and night, to our left and to our right, and all the hoof beats raise the din, those staring eyes are fixed on him. I see the ambush set to fall, but I'm ignored when out I call. My brother walks along and sees, those staring eyes are fixed, on me!

[edit on 21-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I think you've just created something new -- the EducaRant. It's a close cousin to the Enterrantiment. I say go for it. Get your ya-yas out; I don't see anything particularly offputting about your thread.

We make tenuous connections sometimes -- us humans -- between seemingly related bits of information; I'm doing it right now.

I wouldn't be a good Mod -- they have to deal with shades of gray, and that's not my strong suit. I tend to see something as related or not, but hey, that's MY subset of relationships that interact with my own synapses.

Short answer: It's all good. Trust me.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

In doing a retrospective analysis on this thread, I agree I am at fault for using an inappropriate and excessive amount of ordnance.
I am therefore imposing upon myself the punishment of going to walmart at 0900 with the intent and purpose to sanitize, by hand, with an approved disinfectant, each and every soiled and stained power cart, and will post evidence that I in fact have done the same.
Sir, yes sir.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Eek, just don't go on the day after Thanksgiving... you might not make it out!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I agree I am at fault for using an inappropriate and excessive amount of ordnance.
I am therefore imposing upon myself the punishment of going to walmart at 0900 with the intent and purpose to sanitize, by hand, with an approved disinfectant, each and every soiled and stained power cart, and will post evidence that I in fact have done the same.

Urg. Not Wal-Mart......

Rant's are ok. Just be wary of calling EVERYbody names. Or implying such.

Lots of us go through that when we start out.

It's just another thread.

Like the old soldier said, "This too shall pass."

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by andy1033
Oh supreme one of the universe has spoken, how should we fall at your feet tomorrow?

Now that's sarcasm!

Oh dam....that was sarcasm.
I just fell to my feet.
~gets back up,looks around~

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Dear HappilyEverAfter,

On behalf of stupid people on forums everywhere I would like to thank you for educating us on this serious subject. However it may have slipped by you that we are in fact stupid, many of us do not hold an education higher than 6th grade level. I myself have an IQ in the low single digits and sometimes I forget to breathe.

That being said I do hope that you realize that as we are in fact stupid people, it is not our fault that we post things in the wrong forum. You yourself have proved our point by posting this thread in Education and Media instead of it's proper location which is the Rant Forum.

I would like to continue to point out the error in judgment you have shown by placing this rant in the incorrect forum and the futility of attempting to teach those of us that are often times outwitted by those clever starfish, but I have defecated myself again and I do believe I need to wash up.

Thank you for your time,

whatukno.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm not ranting,
I'm educating.

Then you must be stupid? as this is the Rant forum.

And you must be doubly stupid for posting it in the wrong forum, to begin with.

May I laugh now.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Agent-ATS]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I love you wukky

well said...I do agree with OP...just not in such an ugly manner

People really should realize that this place is for a ton of discussion not just CT

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Dear HappilyEverAfter,

On behalf of stupid people on forums everywhere I would like to thank you for educating us on this serious subject. However it may have slipped by you that we are in fact stupid, many of us do not hold an education higher than 6th grade level. I myself have an IQ in the low single digits and sometimes I forget to breathe.

That being said I do hope that you realize that as we are in fact stupid people, it is not our fault that we post things in the wrong forum. You yourself have proved our point by posting this thread in Education and Media instead of it's proper location which is the Rant Forum.

I would like to continue to point out the error in judgment you have shown by placing this rant in the incorrect forum and the futility of attempting to teach those of us that are often times outwitted by those clever starfish, but I have defecated myself again and I do believe I need to wash up.

Thank you for your time,

whatukno.

WUK...are ewe making fhun of me./

thats knot very fhunnie1

so far ...he posted this in the wrong forum ?
and the picture in his/her avatar is the wrong size ?

[edit on 22-11-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

<< 1    3 >>

join