It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television, how it affects us.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't watch too much television but when I do it's mostly the discovery,learning channel and the history channel which I find to be informative. I also watch my football(SanFransisco 49ers) and boxing for amusement of course. Which is what T.V. is for.

On the other hand I think the internet utilizes more of a persons time than television does. Look at some of your points and tell me you don't spend to much time on this site or on the net. Thats fine, some people use it as their hobby. I on the other hand spend most of my time enjoying the outdoors and get on the net when I need information or the weather sucks. Just my .02

God

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Thats something I think is rather dangerous to do.

Yeah. I've thought about that myself. *shrugs* I sorta tune it out, though. I know it's impossible to do when I actually fall asleep... but the timer thing is a good idea. I think my subconscious is also aware that TV is crap, though.lol

When I was around 13 I had the insane fear that someone was going to break into my house during the night. So I'd be trying to fall asleep, but the littlest noise would just make me all paranoid. I'd end up not being able to go to sleep until the sun started rising... it sucked.. with the TV on I couldn't hear all the little noises. I think that's how I developed the habit.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When I was younger I watched TV all day but now Ive cut back to an hour or 2 a day. Unless theres a good movie or something interesting on CNN I go log on to the Internet. I also watch the History Channel a lot. I will admit that I watch Spongebob Squarepants and I am not ashamed! That show has deep symbolism if you pay attention. And Patrick, he rules. Anyway, I noticed my personality greatly improved after I stopped watching TV all day. I'm also in a generally better mood.

<< 1   >>

join