It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels/Demons and People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I probably didn't word the title that well, but I was wondering if it's possible for Angels/Demons to.. not really posess.. but kind of "influence" people? As in they somehow "influence" the things you say/do? I was wondering due to a few incidents:

(1) Once one of my friends was pretty depressed, and I spent at least 2 hours over a couple of days talking to them, and trying my best to bring their spirits back up. Words came pretty easily I remember, but I'm not usually the "comforting" type of person.

Well after about a week they said that they felt much better and not as sad and cynical. They even likened me to a "guardian angel" and that I inspired them to not care about what other people think and such.

Like I said, I don't feel like I'm the type of person that comforts others in times of trouble, and knows how to use the right words, etc.
Could an angel have helped me to help my friend (we are both Protestant Christians)

(2) I get angry relatively easily, especially if I already wasn't in a super-happy mood. I'd say at least once a week I yell at my parents and swear at them, etc. Even at school I'd get pissed off and start to swear and feel like literally destroying something.. someone.

There was this one time though, where I don't know what triggered me, but I just got really REALLY angry and I started to kick over the garbage cans, punching dents in the walls, throwing random objects around my house. My father was telling me to "Calm down" and whatnot.. then I turned around to look at him and I saw fear in his eyes.
I don't really clearly remember what happened, but the next thing I know my father's trying to restrain me from causing any more damage to anything, and me yelling something along the lines of "I CAN DESTROY YOU RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW" and pushing him to the floor. Then I said "How can you be so tolerant? It's disgusting." I felt pure hatred. I've NEVER, EVER done or said ANYTHING like that before... and I've been pretty angry before. I noticed that my voice was a lot louder and stronger than it ever is when I normally yell.
After about 20 mins, I just calmed down totally.. and didnt understand why any of that happened.

It is possible that a demon may have taken advantage of my already weakened (angry) state and used it to channel it's evil?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Firstly i think you need to get some advice on your anger problem, even if this happens only a few times,
Im not sure how old you are but this can occur at certain ages due to hormones ect....
You need to find away of controlling this,

As for your questions,

Yes i believe that we can be influenced by good and bad spirits,angles,deamons ect..

If you are worried about this seek help in a spirtual way,
being blessed ect..

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My personal take on this

1: thier own angels, and your angels all work together. They are always there when you need them, whether you call them angels or guardians or however you want to view them within your religion. They are more than happy to help if you ask, and often influence things at just the right times.
Sometimes I don't know where some things come from when they just spill out. I refer to it as my own spirit guides, which are different than guardian angels. We have both. But religion can often play a major roll in how we experience these things, because a spirit guide wont try to overstep your beliefs.
But yeah, they can and do often sort of influence your thinking if you are open to them. Sometimes even if your not....certain thoughts will just come to you and there you go.

2: This is what they call being so angry you see red.
It happens. Glad you got control over it. Crimes of passion often come that way.

These are just my thoughts on the subjects.

Check out this link:
www.vanpraagh.com...

some of the chat logs are about angels, guadian angels and how to open contact with them, a lot of other useful information there too.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
[Edited on 23-5-2004 by thesecretme]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
sometimes when someone needs you, you just know what to say and do because they want you to.
other people come to you and ask for help or give you advice (eg. the right words to say) and you don't even know that they visited you.
like darkblade said, they are always willing to help.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
1) i think it's more "tapping" into someones emotions. using empathy to feel their pain and problems. usually, at least in my cases, i can relate to problems. and because i can relate to such issues its easier to say the right words.

2) not sure. there are many things that can cause you to loose temper and be angry easily. issues from your past that are supressed in your subconciousness. nothing can "heal" the anger except talking about it with someone.

I got some personally experience with 2 as well. when my mother put my in a boarding school at age 8 there was a moment. the weekend of mother's day. she came to pick me up but i was so angry at that time i literally beat her up and threw her out my room including my stepdad who was present at that time. another moment is with my little half-brother. when i talk about him people say they can see fire in my eyes. these are issues that are supressed in my unconciousness.

i grew out of my anger over time, but when people ask to much and get personal about things the anger still takes over at times. this is quite annoying because i want to be helpfull to everyone i know.

now it's rather funny at times. when my step-dad and i go to the pub and he makes a bet with someone for armwrestling...he always tries to piss me off so i can win the wrestle match. same for fights when i was younger.
he was a great help to teach me how to channel my anger to gain more control over it. can give you a great adrenaline boost to lift heavy objects for excample.

my suggestion is to seek psychiatric help or such to deal with your angrement issues. it's usually cropped up emotions and not just being posses by something.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah I was considering going to a psychologist or someone about my anger issue... because what disturbs me most is that sometimes I like the feeling of power when I'm angry.. when I'm angry I like seeing their fear.
I don't know how much it would cost though. How to psychologists/psychiatrists rate their payments?

Thanks for the input everyone.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Like a college, it's a free part of campus service...also, you don't usually need a Psychologist per se for just an anger problem...agood ordinary counselor will do, especially if you only have that problem...also, start medidtating, SOON

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
1)I think that it also might just be the fact that you sat and listened to them, let them get their thoughts in order.

2) plz get anger management. Im sure you dont want to explode even worse next time.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Firstly i think you need to get some advice on your anger problem, even if this happens only a few times,
Im not sure how old you are but this can occur at certain ages due to hormones ect....
You need to find away of controlling this,

As for your questions,

Yes i believe that we can be influenced by good and bad spirits,angles,deamons ect..

If you are worried about this seek help in a spirtual way,
being blessed ect..

Yes she is right. Could be demons or angels helping you both. As you can see by my avatar im religious. But it could also be something natural...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My guardian Angel's name is John and he has been with me since I was a child giving me usually warnings and comfort. I dont not how old you are but for experience with my teenage son I know some emotions around this age are very hard to control.

One day my son slashed my neighbor's tires in rage when I aske him why he said that he wanted to kill him but he knew it was wrong so he did the tires, that cost me 300 dollars so he have not done something like that ever again.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I believe in spiritual influences, both good and bad.

I think that there are spirits that feed on fear and rage. If they are attracted to you b/c of your anger, they may try to engineer it so that you are even more angry next time.

I also believe that YOU are responsible for every act you perform.

No offense to you. I've had anger/violence issues in my past. But violence is the hallmark of a bully.

No one loves a bully. They are by definition unloveable.

If people in your family, which is basically your only support network, begin to fear you, then you are cutting yourself off from help when you need it in the future.

If you do not change your relationship with family, you will see it spread to the way you treat friends and lovers.

Basically, you treat people the same. you cannot love some and hate others, you're attitude will definitely infect the other relationships.

You are responsible for your behavior, and can be a good person if you choose to be.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

My guardian Angel's name is John

How in the hell would you know what his name is????

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

My guardian Angel's name is John

How in the hell would you know what his name is????

It's easy to find out thier names, take a look at the link I posted above and look for guardian angels, then read the chatlog posted there. Is one of many ways to do it.
Although I have never bothered my angels, just my guides, one of which is named feather
Dunno what the others names are.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
mabey you don't need to get rid of the anger that comes out of you, mabey you just need to channel it into other areas of yourself, mabey this is a source of energy for you and you are not utilising it and so it has to come out somehow, and it just so happens that it is anger.

next time you get angry try and focus all of that energy you have, which by the sound of it is alot, into something else, you never know what may come of it you might even surprise yourself.

p.s. meditating is a good way to learn to focus your energy maybey you should try it sometime.

i hope this helps i know how it feels to have emotions you can't control whether they be good or bad ones.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

TextHow in the hell would you know what his name is????

I do, I know he told me,
when I was a child I was to afraid of him and the others, was told my spiritual name is Fredra or something like it, last year I was confronted with and emergency major surgury and I became so strees ,I was not able to sleep.
I really faced the fact that I could die so the weekend before my surgury I feelt his present next to me and a very comforting voice told me not to be scare everything was going to be fine, I had the gut to ask, why me! he said, What do you think you are going to go through your life without incidents? and I ask what was his name and he said Juan ( in spanish ) inglish John.
When I woke up from surgury the very first think I said was, Doctor I had the weirdest dream, I was in a white room sitting and chating with John, he looked at me like I was just crazy, the nurse just smile. He only comes when I am very worry or very sad, so I imagine he will be there to welcome me when I die.
By the way my father lost a brother in corea before I was born, his name was Jose.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by marg6043]

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join