It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the frying pan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
...and into the fire. After reading posts for a short while here on ATS, I decided to make an account.

A little about me... I live in the midwest. I'm a dude in my early 20's. I've always been a man (and boy) of science, truth, and everything strange/radical/advanced.

I am a proud/unapologetic Anarchist. I am a firm believer that global warming is real, anthropogenic, and poses a serious environmental threat (added to the large list of already-daunting enviro-threats). I am also very wary of martial law, the police/surveillance state, government corruption, corporate takeover of our world, and other such things. I believe both Reps and Dems to be stale, corrupt, and useless to us. I view the Dems as the lesser evil. We NEED third parties (so long as we have a government). I also feel that Obama is not as evil as so many people surprisingly make him out to be. After 8 years of Bush, the smear campaign against Obama is just payback for the (justified) criticisms of the right-wing during those years. However, being an Anarchist I do not fully support Obama and remain vigilant/critical/skeptical to his actions/policies. He is, after all, a wealthy politician.

Before I was a teenager and a somewhat to this day... I was very very interested in UFOs, Roswell, Area 51, extraterrestrials, etc. etc. Even made a little research group (didn't last long) for it. Yeah that was geeky, but if you're intelligent you can't abandon it for the herds of mindless idiots, even when you're a kid. I'm proud of myself for having delved into such interests rather than just becoming addicted to sports, cars, and consumerism like so many others.

What's interesting is that I made a website as a youngin for my UFO research group, I visited it a few years later and read a disclaimer I wrote saying something to the effect of "this is only a study of UFOs, aliens, etc. and by no means an anti-government/anarchist website. etc..." It's kinda funny how things came full circle and I ended up embracing Anarchism, hah...

So without further ado, I greet you all and hope we can delve fearlessly into underground/advanced/crazy/random/alternative media topics and get to the bottom of things with rational intellect, discarding the real BS, and grab hold of the truthful gems which must be passed on to others when they're not covered in mainstream media.

As Nietzsche said, "On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow."

...and Descartes, "If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Welcome

glad to see new members, yes review the above posting!
Many new members get bit, in their 1st few attempts in threads and get a bad taste, to start off with.
Not all members but usually the ones that don't read the T&C and get their threads or posts deleted.
Happy hunting/reading/posting!!!!!
Remember.....Deny Ignorance!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
hi, noheirarchy!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS noheirarchy!

new topics

top topics

join