It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Socialized Health Care reform will never happen in the USA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
First of all, if healthcare was being socialized, insurance would not be required. Instead, socialized health care reform would mean that a hospital could not turn away any american citizen.

Instead they are requiring that if you do not have private insurance you get government insurance. If you refuse government insurance you will be fined and possibly even out in jail. This is not health care reform. It is using the same model that wasn't working very well to begin with and making it worse.

If the Government is in charge of EVERYTHING, then why do we even need money? We can have the government in charge of every aspect of our lives. It is called slavery.

Why don't they just come out and say what this really is?

The North American Union.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I don't see how guaranteeing health care would be slavery, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I do agree that this current bill just takes a broken model and makes it bigger.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
The North American Union.

Did you really think the European Union was created for fun?

No. Its a model for all nations. Research the South American Union.

Did you know it existed? Probably not. Created in what....2007? Because no one cares about the poverty stricken South American countries.

What's next? The NAU. Of course.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
All the government is doing is shifting who pays for everything around. NOTHING the government is saying will make healthcare cheaper. To make healthcare cheaper we have to increase supply and decrease demand. How do you increase supply? By spurring innovation in the private sector, by revamping hospitals and making them more efficient and run more like a business. The modern hospital is a FAILED business model. They try to do way too much under one roof. If it wasn't for huge foundations and charity most hospitals would go out of business due to lack of making money and following an efficient business model.

How do you decrease demand? BY MAKING PEOPLE HEALTHIER! How does the government plan on doing that? Nothing they are saying has anything to do with increasing supply and decreasing demand. All they are doing is shifting money around. NOTHING is going to change. If they think making everything electronic is going to make everything more efficient they are retarded. Most hospitals have been going electronic for years now and it hasn't made a dent. Overall it just causes more bureaucracy.

I'm an RN. And the only thing electronic medical record keeping has done is made more time and more room for other nonsense and fluff paperwork. Doctors do whatever the hell they want and are still writing orders by hand for the most part in many hospitals. This is dangerous and completely outdated. Healthcare is a disaster in this country. There is WAY too much government intervention and litigation as it is.. Too many lawyers and too many people far removed from the costs of healthcare demanding everything under the son and not worrying about the costs.

Healthcare should be like buying car insurance. If you can't afford a car the government should step in and provide a very basic leve of coverage like they do public transportation. But that's it. This is America, people need to start being more responsible with their health and their livelihood. Also corporate America needs to start trickling down a lot more of their profits instead of up to the CEOs.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh and don't give me that nonsense about the "kids". It's bull#. There will always be people willing to donate money and hospitals willing to do charity pro bono cases if some kid is born with leukemia or debilitating illness. But I'm sure as hell not going to pay for some 50 year old diabetic, obese, 30 year smoker who won't take their meds or change their lifestyle and is too lazy to keep work so spends their adult life in and out of the healthcare system while the rest of us take care of ourselves and are held accountable. Screw this robbing peter to pay paul nonsense. Spread the risk? NO WAY!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
They are simply trying to maintain the power of their base.

This is an intensely political issue. It thrives because rather than accept that the COST is the problem, they make the consumers the problem. As if the cost were set in stone, and the profit margin wasn't a measure of whimsical greed.

I have no reservations about the fact the 'cost' is about profiteering, and the government that succors corporate enterprise over individual welfare is sure to keep their benefactors happy. Partisan government does not consider the people their benefactors; they see us as their burden. Even though they are generally oath-bound to be OUR servants... go figure.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I don't see how guaranteeing health care would be slavery, but you're entitled to your opinion.

It makes it slavery because it binds the gap between a moneterized system of capitalism and healthcare giving the government absolute control over every aspect of our lives.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

The goal is to move the Canadian Health Care system down to
the USA. There is no slavery in Canada.
However, they do have sky high taxes up there to pay for the
free health care system not doesn't work very well.
- Medical Tourism -

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My TV News Ch 4 WWL TV is reporting that they already have the 60 votes promised that they need to pass this bill. This mean as of now.. unless a few people changes their minds.. were screwed.

They have till 8 pm ET to get all the votes in.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If the bill passes. The United States is no more.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If the bill passes. The United States is no more.

Hows that?

What will happen specifically?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

our taxes really arent all that bad you know. or perhaps i only see it that way because im just used to living here. when i was still working, if i received a $500 paycheck, i'd lose approx. $50 in taxes. which i really dont see a problem with, because due to my disability I need more than $50 a month in health care. I contributed from my paychecks and I received everything i needed regarding health care. Im quite content with our health care situation here, and while no one really wants to pay taxes, i understand that in order to get the things i get in this country...i need to contribute

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The biggest lie in all of this is that you have a ''right'' to health care. No way. Some people should just drop out of the gene pool. The whole thing hinges on our fear of death and injury. People are being led down a dangerous slope by this political power grab.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If you believe health care reform is going to destroy our freedoms and America, than you have become a victim of the fear mongering that has followed this subject since the passing of social security in the 1930's and Medicare in the 1960's. America will NOT end because people will have an affordable choice of insurance. Nor will we all become slaves by offering 46 million Americans health insurance who don't have access due to "pre-existing conditions".

Ronald Reagan argued in 1961 that if Medicare wasn't stopped, "one of these days you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it once was like in America when men were free." George H. W. Bush called the plan "socialized medicine," Did any of that happen? NO!

Let us remember what Lyndon Johnson said when he signed into law Social Security, "They will no longer have to suffer from misery and neglect and depend upon their relatives because they themselves cannot afford the cost of modern treatment."

Medicare doesn't merely provide health insurance to 46 million Americans for a fraction of the administrative costs associated with providers in the private market. Since its inception in 1965, the number of American senior living in poverty dropped from one in three to just 14% today. A study by the journal Health Affairs found that "life expectancy at age 65 increased from 14.3 years in 1960 to 17.8 years in 1998 and the chronically disabled elderly population declined from 24.9 percent in 1982 to 21.3 percent in 1994." Before 1965, one-half of the elderly had no health insurance at all.

Health care reform is our government trying for once to right a wrong that has been allowed to continue for decades. That would be for insurance companies to raise rates, lower coverage, and deny coverage. It is morally reprehensible, and finally something is being done about it, and you people trying to trash the favor. If Obama started an effort to end hunger in America, there you'd be arguing that to feed starving kids would take food away from corporate CEO's mouths. SHAMEFUL!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

I do not believe that health care reform will destroy this country. I am saying that socialized healthcare is not the aim of it at all. They are going to reform it so that it works with Canadas health care and then voila, North American Union.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

See above.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
US Troops Wearing UN Colors

According to a report in World Net Daily, "Troops in the United States' USNORTHCOM ranks appear to have adopted a shoulder patch showing a North American continental design, with an emphasis on United Nations colors, giving evidence of the strength to integrate North America.

"The patch reveals the continent of North America in the orange and blue colors typical to the UN.

"It also carries the image of a mosque to designate the unit's service in North Africa in World War II."

The report also states, "The design of the patch with the U.S. eagle image superimposed seems to imply a hierarchy in which the U.S. 5th Army exerts its military command under the authority of USNORTHCOM, with its domain defined as all North America, including the U.S., Mexico and Canada, for the United Nations, as implied in the orange and blue motif."

Without a doubt, the attempted merger of North America is well underway. But this, too, is part of a much bigger picture. The destruction of the dollar, the formation of a global currency, the development of a new UN army (of which USNORTHCOM is the prototype), perpetual war, state-sponsored fear mongering over super-hyped "pandemics" such as the Swine Flu, the push for universal healthcare, etc., all serve the purpose of collapsing U.S. sovereignty and independence, and creating global government.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am surprised that nobody else, even in congress has not caught on to this.

The NAU is here.

Just wait a week or so, this thread will get bumped back up to the top.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The bill before our senate has nothing in common with the canadian health care system.

I can't lend credence to the rest of your theory because this one fact is obviously wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Thank you.

In fact the bill is completely different than any form of socialized health care.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join