It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama now pleading for money to fight Sarah Palin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why is it that everything any supporter says or does is attributed to Obama personally?

I'm on the mailing list for Organizing for America. I have been since the campaign in 08. They are a group of progressive Obama supporters who are now raising money and support for the fight for healthcare reform. They are not personally overseen by the president.

Sarah Palin is a conspicuous voice against reform and so serves as a rallying point for the faithful. That's all.

There's no reason for conservatives to get their panties in a twist.

Can anybody honestly say that Republicans don't do the same thing? Doesn't the RNC raise money and rally support against the "boogeyman" Obama and the liberals, using whatever rhetoric they think will resonate with their faithful followers?

Of course they do.

Case of the pot calling the kettle black.

And why the need for so much righteous indignation whenever people object to something Sarah Palin says or does? She's a big girl now. If she can't take the heat she should get out of the kitchen.

Certainly we lefties also get tired of hearing slams on the president over every trivial little thing like the First Dog or what Michelle Obama wears to a soup kitchen. But we don't assume John McCain or whoever is the head of the conservative movement at the moment is personally responsible for every single one of them.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Silly is right. Should he not be working on our Economy? Worried obout raising political funds 3 years out? This is just crap and he will be toast no matter whom is running.

Pedro for President.........

Box Of Rocks for President (and it'll WIN)

Yeah, I got the email in my inbox from Mitch Stuart @ Barack Obama (not verbatim email address). When ever I post ppl claim I have nothing to back it up. Like the LA Times is a credible source... LOL.

I'm noone and I have more credibility than them, but so it goes...

Here's an except from the email...

Friend --

Right now, Sarah Palin is on a highly publicized, nationwide book tour, attacking President Obama and his plan for health reform at every turn.

It's dangerous. Remember, this is the person who coined the term "Death Panels" -- and opened the flood gates for months of false attacks by special interests and partisan extremists.

Whatever lie comes next will be widely covered by the media, then constantly echoed by right-wing attack groups and others who are trying to defeat reform.

As we approach the final sprint on health reform, we can't afford more deception and delay. We need to be ready for anything -- and have the resources to respond with ads, events, and calls to Congress when the attacks come.

So we're setting a big goal: $500,000 in the next week to help push back against Sarah Palin and her allies. Please chip in $5 to help reach our goal.

My first thought on reading this ... "How Pathetic".

They have no clue that non-supporters tune in on their email mailing lists and can clearly see this begging for a non-issue. Thus ... Pathetic. Certainly they have better ways to raise money than tapping out an already flat broke support base. I guess they are still stuck in Chicago politics. Tap the inner city dry for any 'good-cause'; to keep them in office. Lording over the people that only have a hope in the false prophet.

There's just so much more to say on the topic but life is too short.

Do yourself a favor, sign up their newsletter at barackobama.com and get the inside scoop. They emails are almost always great eyerollers, even a LOL once in awhile. Skimming them takes less than a minute because they are written to a third grade mentality.

Thanks!

Sestias : Some posters maybe picking on every little thing... If you read my opinion above (I have posted but no longer post the obama emails) you'll note that I could care less that they are fund raising.

I have issue with them begging (not fund raising) for money. AND because it's to 'fend off the evil Sarah rhetoric', a non-issue altogether... It comes across as pathetic. The email stinks of fear of someone they've considered ... well, wait a sec, how does their behavior in '08 etc. explain their views of Sarah?

Thanks Again!

[edit on 11·22·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING would please the Democrats more, than to have Sarah Palin as their GOP opponent.
Methinks someone protests just a wee bit too hard???

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

That's not a protest, that's begging her to be the GOP candidate. Dems would love it, because it would practically guarantee Obama another 4 years in office.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Never shy about $eeking money, Democratic President Obama's Organizing for America

To claim that the group belongs to President Obama is a lie. They support his initiatives, but the group no more belongs to him or is run or directed by him than the “Club for Growth” is owned by Michael Steele.

A flat out lie in the first sentence is just about what I expect these days in right wing rhetoric.

is now using the threat of Republican Sarah Palin as an opportunity to acquire more.

There seems to be a concerted effort to cast Sarah Palin as a “Threat”…The vast majority of the Democratic Party is praying that Sarah Palin runs.

It has just sent an e-mail out to its millions of supporters today pleading for urgent donations to fight the mother of five,

Really? To fight the “mother of five”?

Because according to the email posted on page 1 of this thread they are asking money to fight…

Whatever lie comes next will be widely covered by the media, then constantly echoed by right-wing attack groups and others who are trying to defeat reform.

As we approach the final sprint on health reform, we can't afford more deception and delay. We need to be ready for anything -- and have the resources to respond with ads, events, and calls to Congress when the attacks come.

For Gods sake the right doesn't even know why Americans voted them out of office...Please stop the BS. Americans aren't as stupid s you think they are and they are offended that you keep assuming the are dumb.

Honestly…we need a healthy GOP…the Democrats need a healthy GOP…

Sarah Palin acting like she is a Presidential hopeful is embarrassing to the GOP and embarrassing to the country. The GOP can do better, but it seems they are still trying to find the bottom of the pit they are sinking into.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by maybereal11]

[edit on 24-11-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Something smells a little fishy.

I mean, the best thing that could possibly happen to the next presidential race is for Palin to run. This would virtually ensure that the Democrats would have a second term.

Seems to me that they should be adding fuel to the fire and not soliciting funds to put it out

[edit on 24-11-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Another blatant example from the Dems of saying one thing and doing another.
So which is it?
Is she a joke or a threat?

Same for Obama.
So which is it?
Are you President or are you still campaigning?

These folks are more more money hungry than the repubs.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
reply to post by December_Rain

I think this liberal fears KlobucharMania. I mean where do you think Sarah Palin got her whole gimmick? Now there's a conspiracy, Palin ripping off Klobuchar. Oh well, at least Klobuchar's book is dominating the best seller list.

All these Klobuchar knock-off threads are annoying. I know there may be a few people who don't like Klobuchar but do people really have to go through the trouble of starting parody threads about an irrelevant politician like this? It just brings ATS down as a whole.

Klobuchar 2012!

[edit on 21-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

Like a bad Saturday Night Live skit where they hammer you over and over with the punchline, this post and the thread like it are a facetious attack on Palin and old "news". IMO, this one should have also been pulled as an off topic post.

Next!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Personally I think that it is sick that both the Democratic and Republican parties these days are asking for money. With the country in a state of recession, millions of citizens are out of a job, and that there are millionares sitting in congress, it is just something that is plain wrong to be asking people to donate these days. Personally I say sack both parties and start 2 new polictical parties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join