It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Lowestoft.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The Lowestoft footage was originaly posted in this thread and looks pretty impressive -does anyone know any more about the clip's heritage?

I know Lowestoft is quite near Rendlesham Forest but thats about it.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow, another out of focus light in the sky that's shaped like a camera aperture. Proof at last that we are being visited... not!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

There are plenty more here if you're interested.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Wow, another out of focus light in the sky that's shaped like a camera aperture. Proof at last that we are being visited... not!

Posts like this are what are making me about to quit ATS.

I hope ATS gets back to it's old self soon, because it is pretty sad right now.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

I know the post reply is pretty harsh but technically correct, there are far too many posts of camera artifact based sighting that basically could be anything as you are NOT seeing what really is on the screen.

How long before people realise that if you post a white orb that is pulsing and looks like an item under a microscope with a nick out of the corner then it's nothing more than an over zoomed out of focus artifact that is of no use to anyone...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just goes to show how successful the marketing for Fisherman's Friend has been.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

What's the point though Karl?

Some we may be able to identify, and others not. The unidentifiable cases could be anything, from mundane objects seen under unusual circumstances, to phenomena science has not yet described, and even perhaps real aliens, although IMHO the two former suggestions are much more likely.

So where does it get us?

Collecting a bunch of cases that could be something does what?

If aliens were visiting us (and flying around in the "craft" people claim to be seeing), we would probably know by now, but instead there is not a single shred of proof.

Your efforts towards gathering evidence are admirable, but I think you are waisting your time. Are you hoping to find a smoking gun? There has not been one in half a century of UFO research, why should there be one now?

Ultimately, all you are doing is collecting flags

A much more productive use of your time would be to learn to identify objects, and then teaching people what you have learned.

UFOs will only be "explained" when people learn to identify what they are seeing. Doing it the other way around is a bit like asking people to comprehend a book, without teaching them to read first. How logical is that?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Some we may be able to identify, and others not. The unidentifiable cases could be anything, from mundane objects seen under unusual circumstances, to phenomena science has not yet described, and even perhaps real aliens, although IMHO the two former suggestions are much more likely.

So where does it get us?

Collecting a bunch of cases that could be something does what?

If aliens were visiting us (and flying around in the "craft" people claim to be seeing), we would probably know by now, but instead there is not a single shred of proof.

Your efforts towards gathering evidence are admirable, but I think you are waisting your time. Are you hoping to find a smoking gun? There has not been one in half a century of UFO research, why should there be one now?

Ultimately, all you are doing is collecting flags

A much more productive use of your time would be to learn to identify objects, and then teaching people what you have learned.

UFOs will only be "explained" when people learn to identify what they are seeing. Doing it the other way around is a bit like asking people to comprehend a book, without teaching them to read first. How logical is that?

Excuse me bro but this is a UFO forum, that's what goes on here. I think you are in the wrong place.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

Excuse me bro but this is a UFO forum, that's what goes on here. I think you are in the wrong place.

EXACTLY

Please, PLEASE Karl, do not stop what you are doing. You are doing a great job of bringing some great UFO cases to the attention of people (interested people) who might otherwise miss them because they are mostly not contemporary.

If nothing else, they demonstrate that a lot of people were (and probably still are) paying a lot of attention to the UFO phenomena and taking it very seriously.

To try and paint your efforts as 'useless' and 'pointless', as CHUD just did is about as illogical as it gets... How on earth can studying something that is of interest to you be pointless and useless, all because you haven't come up with definitive answers yet... How on earth do you come up with answers to ANYTHING if you give up studying it.

I, for one, am very glad that people like yourself make the time and effort to collate all these events and share them with the rest of us. Keep it up

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

A bit off topic but a good solution would be to just ignore the person/people that keep blasting down each topic demanding proof as if we were their government officials. We debate and speculate and try to see into things because we are curious, we are human... mostly heh, with that comes human error. So nothing will be 100% accurate. *Ahem* So solution: Ignore those users you wish not to read. Its what the govt. does do and it seems to work for them

Cheers...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Why would you leave over one post which is so spot on and truthful?

Maybe these aren't UFO's and you are leaving because you are being confronted with your own unwillingness to realize you may believe in something that doesn't exist? When I found out that the tooth fairy wasn't real I grew from it, and realized that my parents did it to entertain me and expand my mind to what was possible no matter how improbable it came off.

Could be is all I'm saying...

By the way, just in case you were wondering, I do believe in Aliens.

PS take a look under Karl's name and you get this "Brutal honesty is better than
gentle deception." I agree Karl.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by bloodline]

new topics

top topics

join